What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Panther Mick

Juniors
So if we add Tetevano, and Burton replaces May now that he has pleaded guilty, still leaves one spot left.

That is usually a junior. They won't fill that spot till June next year.
Still have a feeling we have another player in the backs coming. Probably lose someone though, to free up a spot and money.

betcats

Referee
That is usually a junior. They won't fill that spot till June next year.
Still have a feeling we have another player in the backs coming. Probably lose someone though, to free up a spot and money.

Blade said if we can find a centre Whare is gone so he probably has something lined up already in case that eventuates. I think weve promoted enough juniors to the squad now, we have the Blore brothers and Mcgrady all yet to debut and probably Burton on one game plus development players. I’d be holding a spot, if we are still looking for a centre their doesn’t seem to be many good ones available atm, I’d hold that spot, still have Latrell and Jai Arrow to sign which might force someone else out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blade said if we can find a centre Whare is gone so he probably has something lined up already in case that eventuates. I think weve promoted enough juniors to the squad now, we have the Blore brothers and Mcgrady all yet to debut and probably Burton on one game plus development players. I’d be holding a spot, if we are still looking for a centre their doesn’t seem to be many good ones available atm, I’d hold that spot, still have Latrell and Jai Arrow to sign which might force someone else out.

yeah still some centre movement to play out yet. No rush

chiefy1

Juniors
Top 30
Gutho
Sivo
Jennings
Waqa B
Ferguson
Brown
Moses
Campbell Gillard
Mahoney
Jnr p
Lane
Matterson
Brown
Nukure
Alvarez
Evans
Stone

Panther Mick

Juniors
That is probably it for now.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year.
24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. D Blore
26. S Blore
27. B McGrady
28. Kurt Capewell
29 Zane Tetevano

Development contracts: Daine Laurie, Shannon Harris, Glenn McGrady,

Possible rookies that might get promoted or receive a development contract: Charlie Staines, Matt Burton,

Gains: Api Koroisau.Kurt Capewell, Zane Tetevano.

Upgraded to top 30.
Dean Blore, Shawn Blore, Stephen Crichton, Braydon McGrady (upgraded from development contracts)

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry. Egan.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton, B McGrady.
Halves Cleary, Luai, May, D Blore
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota,Tetevano, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Capewell, Martin, Yeo, Burns, Jed Cartwright, S Blore
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny

Panfa

Juniors
If we find a centre I'm pretty sure whare will be out the door.Also are we wasting our time with MWZ his brother is gone and he has had his chances I can't see him playing 1st grade again unless we have a stack of injuries.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we find a centre I'm pretty sure whare will be out the door.Also are we wasting our time with MWZ his brother is gone and he has had his chances I can't see him playing 1st grade again unless we have a stack of injuries.

Can’t make him go though. Just have to wait til he wants out of NSW Cup

CCJohnC

Juniors
Perhaps he could play centre!

Kilkenny

Coach
That is probably it for now.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year.
24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. D Blore
26. S Blore
27. B McGrady
28. Kurt Capewell
29 Zane Tetevano

Development contracts: Daine Laurie, Shannon Harris, Glenn McGrady,

Possible rookies that might get promoted or receive a development contract: Charlie Staines, Matt Burton,

Gains: Api Koroisau.Kurt Capewell, Zane Tetevano.

Upgraded to top 30.
Dean Blore, Shawn Blore, Stephen Crichton, Braydon McGrady (upgraded from development contracts)

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry. Egan.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton, B McGrady.
Halves Cleary, Luai, May, D Blore
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota,Tetevano, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Capewell, Martin, Yeo, Burns, Jed Cartwright, S Blore
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny

The brain trust at our club have brought in a hooker, front rower and utility back rower.

When I look at the list above it is scary how lacking in depth and quality we are in our outside backs

Forwards win matches do the saying goes, let’s hope so.

mxlegend99

Referee
It looks like the club is going to stand by May for the final year of his contract if the NRL don't sack him. Or atleast it looks like Ivan wants to anyway.

If that's the case. If the NRL allow him to play. Who do we expect to get our final top 30 spot? Would we really give it to Burton if we had Luai, Cleary, May and Blore to call on in the halves?

Seems like plenty to get us through to when development players can be used. But if not Burton. Who? No one else really seems ready for a top 30 spot.

OldPanther

Coach
It looks like the club is going to stand by May for the final year of his contract if the NRL don't sack him. Or atleast it looks like Ivan wants to anyway.

If that's the case. If the NRL allow him to play. Who do we expect to get our final top 30 spot? Would we really give it to Burton if we had Luai, Cleary, May and Blore to call on in the halves?

Seems like plenty to get us through to when development players can be used. But if not Burton. Who? No one else really seems ready for a top 30 spot.

I'm saying Burton for the reason you mention at the end. He's about it as far as ready to go round 1 if needed.