What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald J Trump

Juniors
Im not ready to write off Edwards but this year is make or break. As a fullback at least

The Panthers should be challenging for the top 4. Especially with the amount of money Ivan is on. I think Edwards could be a decent centre if he doesn't kick on at fullback. I could see Burton having a run out at fullback for a few games (reminds me of Tommy Turbo with better ball playing skills) and Edwards goes to centre.

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards was horrible in his first stint last year. Possibly the worst form of a fullback in our history. But he got close tohis best form in his second stint and I believe will bounce back to pre-injury form in 2020.

He isn't perfect. But if he's in good form fullback is not close to one of our bigger issues.

Centre is easily the weakest area of the squad. Aside from To'o i think our 3/4 line is pretty putrid and possibly the worst in the competition. The fact people mention guys like Brenko Lee to improve it says it all.

Naden to wing fixes the wings IMO. he pretty much perfectly covers the flaws Mansour has. But we dont have any centres we can count on to do the job. We could potentially develop one from moving a Burns, Luai, Burton etc. Or from Crichton but that's not really something we can rely on working so much as hoping it works out.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Yep For sure I do hope Laurie or the other one (forget his name) unlocks his potential
In saying that.

I'd go
Edwards Staines in the future
To'o
Whare
Capewell
Naden
Luai first(Burton future)
Cleary
Tamou
Korisou
Fisher-Harris
Martin
Kikau
Yeo

Kenny
Leota
Tetevano
(Take turns) Lenui, burns etc

Last edited:
The Panthers should be challenging for the top 4. Especially with the amount of money Ivan is on. I think Edwards could be a decent centre if he doesn't kick on at fullback. I could see Burton having a run out at fullback for a few games (reminds me of Tommy Turbo with better ball playing skills) and Edwards goes to centre.

Interesting idea about Edwards playing in the centres.

Has he had experience playing centre in junior footy?

It could be a potential option I guess but I do like the idea of Burton at Fullback

franklin2323

Immortal
In saying that.

I'd go
Edwards
Staines (drip feed to fullback)
Whare
Capewell
Naden
Luai first(Burton future)
Cleary
Tamou
Korisou
Fisher-Harris
Martin
Kikau
Yeo

Kenny
Leota
Tetevano
(Take turns) Lenui, burns etc

If Luai doesn’t work at 6 or Burton doesn’t get a chance. I wouldn’t mind them in the 1 in NSW Cup. It might be the boost we need

Mansour will get the gig to start with but I doubt the new (ridiculous) tackling in the air rule will suit him.

Thought of Mansour too when I heard that new rule, I couldn’t start him. Especially when we’ll have a short winger on the other side of the field in To’o.

Also makes Chricton more needed in the backline. If we have Chricton & Naden on opposite sides at least we’ll have two guys with a very good leap.

Not sure if Whare could move over to the left side?

Edwards
Naden
Whare
Chricton
To’o

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 @Panther_Daz

Any idea what’s doing with May? Is he currently in our top 30?

I assumed that they would sack him and give Burton the spot.

I have to be careful here.

I won't comment on his plea deal.

He is at the moment officially still contracted to the club pending court sentencing and the NRL's Integrity Unit's outcome.
The NRL Integrity Unit will decide any punishment after court proceedings.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Thought of Mansour too when I heard that new rule, I couldn’t start him. Especially when we’ll have a short winger on the other side of the field in To’o.

Also makes Chricton more needed in the backline. If we have Chricton & Naden on opposite sides at least we’ll have two guys with a very good leap.

Edwards
Naden
Whare
Chricton
To’o

Hi don't rule out Jed Cartwright in the Centres he has played a number of games there in Reserves

OldPanther

Coach

Edwards
Naden
Whare
Chricton
To’o

In line with what you're saying I think the tall guys are a must. That new rule will make it virtually impossible to defend.

OldPanther

Coach

He is at the moment officially still contracted to the club pending court sentencing and the NRL's Integrity Unit's outcome.

So it's up to the NRL not Panthers?

Luke Bowden

First Grade

So the club is leaving it up to the NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts