What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
So 5 to go, scores level, the opposition team has it's challenge in tact and splits them up the middle. The fullback makes the tackle but the defence is shot on the left edge. Players are lining up to score the try but whoa, hang on, the defending captain has spotted an infringement in the play the ball and wants to take a closer look...........

In that situation don't get tackled. Pass to a support player.
I hate that "take the tackle" logic these days.
Or the captain could make the challenge but it is play on until the end of the next play.

lingard

Coach
Shock horror something sensible.

I would hope that we could move the game into quarters instead of halves.

This would extend the career of older players and help with injuries. Plus the tv revenue would be up with more boring ads being able to be shown.

More breaks for fans to spend money at the grounds.

Extend the quarters to 30 mins each to get better value out of players.

Interchange would take on a more exciting feel.

More footy.

In the days of the midweek Amco Cup, for quarter footy was exciting and interesting. It provided a contrast to the weekend competition. In the sixties, seventies, the regular season game was played differently. There was more of the fatigue element involved, and a team was able to build momentum throughout a game. Tactics were different. These days, I think the game looks much like four quarter footy anyway (much faster, less fatigue factor, more replacements, etc). Going to four quarters now, would just speed it up even more. Be stupid. Like 20-20 cricket. I see no point.

In the days of the midweek Amco Cup, for quarter footy was exciting and interesting. It provided a contrast to the weekend competition. In the sixties, seventies, the regular season game was played differently. There was more of the fatigue element involved, and a team was able to build momentum throughout a game. Tactics were different. These days, I think the game looks much like four quarter footy anyway (much faster, less fatigue factor, more replacements, etc). Going to four quarters now, would just speed it up even more. Be stupid. Like 20-20 cricket. I see no point.

I balanced the speed issue by longer periods. 30 minutes might be too much per quarter say 25.

The point is more footy, more space for display, sale and consumption of product. More revenue generation, more cash into the game. More pie to distribute. Then we need to be generous to junior and struggling clubs and injured and ex players in chronic pain.

I’ve said in other threads that our players need a lot more impact and common injury protection.

As for entertainment in the breaks, we can do a lot with iPhone technology as well instead of thong throwing etc.

As fans and members we should be flooded with benefits and incentives from our wonderful sponsers of clubs. We should subscribe to their products and services a often as possible. Much like we should click on ads here at lu. It helps.

20-20 is an extremely successful product, although I prefer tests.

Each to their own I guess.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
12714986434_22343b726d_b.jpg