What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Tiger

Bench
Its clear we all love Thompson for his effort, but I just don't think he is quite there in terms of what is expected out of a fullback. He's safe under the high ball, backs up when players make a break and has very good pace. However I can't recall a single try assist he got all year. A fullback needs to be able to chime into the back line as a second receiver and setup tries. Tedesco is a f**king master at this because players freak the f**k out when he gets near the line and can usually draw players in. I just don't see Thompson being able to do this.

One thing I will say about Thompson, I reckon if he didn't get injured in the warm up for the Sharks game we could have won that. Momo was in great form at centre and looked very out of place at fullback.

Anyway, now that Lomax is gone I think we should close the book on finding a fullback for this year. Go hard for Addo-Carr, and if that fails just bring in a bunch of juniors and front load salaries so we can go HAM for 2021 onwards
Fair point re the lack try assists ..Although I’ll be looking a bit more closely on that one just to make sure ..He does have a passing game though and better still he sounds like he’s as keen to learn the position as much as stepping someone or saving try’s which he does magnificently ..y does he get such a hard time again? that’s right because we want another Tadesco .....I dont like him coz of his effort I like him coz he’s an excitement machine Simple ..and he’s fearless in any situation in attack and defence...Most players improve in there position especially if it’s still real new to them...and especially when they have utter determination which he seems to have ...I wouldn’t give up on him yet ...I’d give up on most of the team before him ..Also if by having him in the team against the sharks - which I agree with - meant we win that game and get into the 8 ...Theres not a lot of average players u can say that about.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
...I’d give up on most of the team before him ...
Starting with Jennings then prob all but 3 of the forwards ...then whoever is on the other wing ...who said we don’t need a new winger ...rubbish

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Starting with Jennings then prob all but 3 of the forwards ...then whoever is on the other wing ...who said we don’t need a new winger ...rubbish
Sorry Nofo how did I forget you forget I even said that what’s the matter with me...you could play both wings Id be happy

Das Hassler

Bench
Why would we want a disgruntled player who we managed to sign for less than he's worth? Havent we been through that already ?He may as well stay with the chooks for 800k. If we WANT Mitchell we'd have to offer considerably more than the bunnies have probably already offered and are now clear to act on.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Before yesterday I think we were a real hot chance of getting Mitchell, but I say with the Rabbits getting the express check out at the NRL with the Big Sam things, it’s now out the window. They will move on Walker or Gagi and get both Arrow and Mitchell and maybe JAC....they are the new Chooks

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/07/the-latrell-mitchell-interview/

It's a good interview. Personally I reckon give the kid a break no matter where he signs. He owes us nothing.

He should pay us back for the flights, petrol money, our time and abusing us to enrich himself and the bastardised team lats.

why didn’t they interview team lats, nick and robbo?

It’s spin and propaganda, because the nrl realise everyone now thinks he’s a self centred tool.

My first thread I think and it’s been a misery!

If we pick him up for $650k or less fine, he can be a utility backrower when we have an injury.

We don’t owe this kid anything.i wish he’d quit the nrl and be a tool overseas.

It would be a dog act to replace Cory with this bloke. I’d rather lose than denigrate Corey, Madge and the faithful and bring down everything we are trying to aspire to be.

Last edited:
Lucky you are not our recruitment officer, hey:)

Packer and Josh would still be waiting near the window, looking for the club ute.

At least grub is trying, showed some love late last year and he was a gentlemen about his time in the wilderness. He’s of good character and I like him as a bloke. As a player, he’s still a bit dangerous for regular first grade. He needs Robbie Farah as a life coach.

Seems we do better when we bribe player agents. They can sit at the head of the table and order first ($15 limit though). They can keep their player sulking in the Ferrari parked out the back playing with his vintage Nintendo.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Packer and Josh would still be waiting near the window, looking for the club ute.

At least grub is trying, showed some love late last year and he was a gentlemen about his time in the wilderness. He’s of good character and I like him as a bloke. As a player, he’s still a bit dangerous for regular first grade. He needs Robbie Farah as a life coach.

Seems we do better when we bribe player agents. They can sit at the head of the table and order first ($15 limit though). They can keep their player sulking in the Ferrari parked out the back playing with his vintage Nintendo.

Get over yourself mate

super_coach

First Grade
I am going cold on the whole saga. You pay a million bucks, okay you want a top notch footballer, but you also want a leader, you want a kid that will drive change. After seeing LM’s fluff piece I am not sure he is going to fit the bill. Great footballer, but will just turn up and do what he has to or will he lead....not sure.

I know we need his quality, but for a million we need more