What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakout year?

nontime111

Juniors
hes got an offload the he needs to use more, I like his defence and motor, everyteam needs a few of these guys

SAP58

Juniors
I can't see Lawrie dominating. The only game that Lawrie impressed me was a semi final last year. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong, as long as he is wearing a Saints jersey.
IMO Lawrie will be one player that will benefit from Trent Merrin returning. I hope TM takes him under his wing and mentors him, they are a similar build and he could develop well with TM’s assistance.

Old Timer

Coach
IMO Lawrie will be one player that will benefit from Trent Merrin returning. I hope TM takes him under his wing and mentors him, they are a similar build and he could develop well with TM’s assistance.
I thought that's what James Graham was supposed to do for Lawrie?
I think that Lawrie is a bit 1 dimensional but the game plan is also 1 dimensional so if players follow it, little wonder why we scratch our heads wondering or in fact start questioning their actual ability.

BLM01

First Grade
I thought that's what James Graham was supposed to do for Lawrie?
I think that Lawrie is a bit 1 dimensional but the game plan is also 1 dimensional so if players follow it, little wonder why we scratch our heads wondering or in fact start questioning their actual ability.
Dont shoot the player...shoot the coach. lawrie has the skill set, physique, leg drive and motor to be a top prop

BrissyRedV

Bench
Breakout year? Leilua for sure. He will carve up under McGuire.

For us, there could be several players once/if McGregor is sacked. I expect Lomax, Sailor and possibly Rava to breakout. I also expect Lafai to improve once/if McGregor goes.

Old Timer

Coach
Dont shoot the player...shoot the coach. lawrie has the skill set, physique, leg drive and motor to be a top prop
What makes you think I'm shooting the player?
I am simply pointing out that of Merrin is supposedly going to help Lawrie then what did or will James Graham do?
People always putting spin around what bringing some players to our club will do for others already at the club but I see no improvement in other forwards as a result of Graham nor will I expect any improvement in other forwards as a result of Merrin.
As I stated previously if the game plan is 1 dimensional then have no expectations as it is the limiting factor.
The 1 thing that Merrin may create is opportunity for some of the backs that take the opportunity to be backing up but of course our best opportunist Dufty is out of favour so just maybe Lomax at centre and Sailor at the back might give us some prospects.

BLM01

First Grade
What makes you think I'm shooting the player?
I am simply pointing out that of Merrin is supposedly going to help Lawrie then what did or will James Graham do?
People always putting spin around what bringing some players to our club will do for others already at the club but I see no improvement in other forwards as a result of Graham nor will I expect any improvement in other forwards as a result of Merrin.
As I stated previously if the game plan is 1 dimensional then have no expectations as it is the limiting factor.
The 1 thing that Merrin may create is opportunity for some of the backs that take the opportunity to be backing up but of course our best opportunist Dufty is out of favour so just maybe Lomax at centre and Sailor at the back might give us some prospects.
You right it is the game plan by Mary...there is lot people like Graham do behind the scenes with their development with experience which necessarily does not manifest itself staright away on the field (they cant play for them) but thats Mary's flat attack style.
But you are right they do talk all this crap about justifying a player signing but that is our media, coach and somtimes recruitment...I dont blame the players.
All I was justifying that soon as I saw Lawrie and they way he runs, plays etc and motor...he has the potential to be a very good prop, he is still young in prop speak

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He lacks size for a prop. He is too one dimensional and is often quite ineffective. I don't see him as part of our long term future. Hope he proves me wrong.

The pressure is on Vlandys to reduce the wrestle, speed up the play the ball and move the game towards one based on fatigue and skill- such as an offload in traffic. That means decreasing the number of allowable interchanges. As the interchanges drop, those players with the biggest motors and best skills will come into their own. Lawrie definitely has a big motor- now he has to acquire the skill as well - or face future irrelevance.

On the other hand, Leilua has the skill- now Madge will have to work on his motor- good luck!

hes got an offload the he needs to use more, I like his defence and motor, everyteam needs a few of these guys
I always thought Lawrie was a ball playing prop.
All he served up last hear was bash and barge.
Off loads rarely seen but obviously under instructions.
I feel he has a lot more to offer if given the chance.

Latest posts