What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All hail Darcy Lussick

_Johnsy

Referee
Congrats Darcy,

Did what 99.99% of Aussies wanted to see. Embarrassing the wanna be tough guy in front of the nation. Let’s all hope this takes away the tough guy persona perpetuated once & for all. I would have thought the memory of Eric Grothe Jnr would have stopped any delusions of grandeur The Cat had years ago.

I LOL’d when I saw the highlights this morning.

Canard

Immortal
Congrats Darcy,

Did what 99.99% of Aussies wanted to see. Embarrassing the wanna be tough guy in front of the nation. Let’s all hope this takes away the tough guy persona perpetuated once & for all. I would have thought the memory of Eric Grothe Jnr would have stopped any delusions of grandeur The Cat had years ago.

I LOL’d when I saw the highlights this morning.

Casey McGuire did that almost a decade ago when Hodges was playing for the Roosters.

For some reason this is largely forgotten about by LU.

Hutty1986

Immortal
An unsurprising result. Absolute flog got carved up. Please please fight Gal anyway.
Even better, do it in Brisbane in front of the rabid banjo strummers!

aqua_duck

Coach
Hodges was always very good at acting tough and running his mouth for a guy that most people knew couldn't actually fight. To be honest I'm glad he played in the period he did, he got his comeuppance a few times, these days with the no punching rule he'd be absolutely unbearable

Has he ever actually won a fight? I remember him asking Brett White to meet him in the carpark after the game from 15m away pretending to be held back by his teammates. Too funny

Wizardman

First Grade
Ben creagh should’ve taken his chance.
Hodges clearly can’t fight for shit.
One of the more frustrating moments of rugby league was a particular moment in a Broncos v St George game. Hodges delivered a cheap shot to an already injured Brett Morris on the ground. Ben Creagh was right nearby, but never took his chance to even throw a punch at him. So, so frustrating.

If someone could coax Creagh to fight Hodges, I'd actually watch it.

slamminsam246

Juniors
One of the more frustrating moments of rugby league was a particular moment in a Broncos v St George game. Hodges delivered a cheap shot to an already injured Brett Morris on the ground. Ben Creagh was right nearby, but never took his chance to even throw a punch at him. So, so frustrating.

If someone could coax Creagh to fight Hodges, I'd actually watch it.
It was in origin. Creagh skirted out. Typical dragon/cockroach - heart the size of a carroway seed.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/creagh-the-cat.391588/

Charlie124

First Grade
An unsurprising result. Absolute flog got carved up. Please please fight Gal anyway.
Even better, do it in Brisbane in front of the rabid banjo strummers!

That'd be a promotors nightmare, Gal v Hodges in Brisbane would draw a crowd of about 7 people. It'd look like a Roosters home game.

Danish

Referee
Why does every boxing event in Oz need to feature at least 1 match between 2 random league idiots?

honestly the old days when they used to just toss a declawed bear and some drunk in there were more humane than these CTE sideshows. The bears had better form too

mozza91

Coach
Why does every boxing event in Oz need to feature at least 1 match between 2 random league idiots?

honestly the old days when they used to just toss a declawed bear and some drunk in there were more humane than these CTE sideshows. The bears had better form too
Rugby League generates more publicity than all the other codes.

It’s the most watched sport in Australia and it gets Main Event a lot more buys than they’d of got otherwise.