What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Jon Favreau you magnificent overweight half bald half curly haired creature.

My faith in new Star Wars material has been restored... up until they release Rise Of Skywalker at least

nöyd

Staff member
meh tried watching the first ep, very underwhelmed, turned it off halfway through. might try again later at some point, but anything star wars right now has a stank to it imo

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just binged the first 3 eps...so good.
1st ep had me a little worried until about the halfway point, wasn’t bad, just ok, then it just keeps getting better.
Definitely can’t wait for the next one. I was going to try and wait and binge the whole season once it was out but seeing spoilers online (the kid) means I can’t wait and will have to just watch as they come out.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Another good ep. Liked Gina Carano's character and the AT-ST scene was cool. Getting way too attached to Baby Yoda lol

That would be the longest ep so far. 41m (yes I know that includes recap and credits)

Last edited:

Storm13

Juniors
This episode though feels like a Hercules or Xena tv show. episode. Feels cheap in places but then feels the complete opposite.

Just finished the episode and it felt a little soap opera. Not a bad episode but felt it was the weakest so far.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
This episode was kinda ridiculous. The dude knows every bounter hunter in the galaxy is going to be after baby Yoda. Surely he must have known that living in the village would put them all at risk, but then he actually decides at one point to piss off and leave baby Yoda there?

shiznit

Coach
This episode was kinda ridiculous. The dude knows every bounter hunter in the galaxy is going to be after baby Yoda. Surely he must have known that living in the village would put them all at risk, but then he actually decides at one point to piss off and leave baby Yoda there?
Yeah... Initially I thought maybe he got rid of the tracker which was why he was going to leave him there... but as soon as I saw the tracker I was stumped.

The best place for the kid would be with Luke... infact it would have been interesting considering how Yoda finished Luke’s training then he would return the favour.

I guess it wouldn’t have mattered anyway as Ben Solo would have murdered him with the rest of Luke’s Jedi’s.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Definitely the most tv-ish of the eps so far, but still some high quality stuff. Felt a bit like a Stargate SG1 story wise with protecting the village.
Baby Yoda at the beginning playing with buttons in the ship, then being told to “wait here” then standing next to Mando as the ships door opens, made me lol and so f**king cute.

Matua

Bench
This episode was basically the Magnificent 2.

I liked it.

The whole can't take the helmet off thing annoys me though, not sure why, it just does.

Storm13

Juniors
New episode out. Half way through, and I think this show has used up all the nostalgia I can give. Things are just starting to look like this is Fan made Show/Film.

bileduct

Coach
This show is all over the place. Another episode that reminds us right at the very beginning that bounty hunters everywhere are trying to capture baby Yoda, only for the guy to abandon him and put others at risk the moment he lands on the planet...

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
That’s my line.. I’m amazed that the establishment didn’t use Faverau to direct any of the Star Wars films would have done a better job than Ruin Johnson..

bileduct

Coach
That’s my line.. I’m amazed that the establishment didn’t use Faverau to direct any of the Star Wars films would have done a better job than Ruin Johnson..
The problem is bigger than Ruin Johnson or Jar Jar Abrams.. Look at how many directors they fired, the amount of reshoots that have been needed, cancelled films, the list goes on... I don't recall any of these issues with MCU films, which is I guess why they've now turned to Kevin Feige to sort out their shit.

Kathleen Kennedy is running the show, the fault is with her. Star Wars has gone from being one of the most eagerly anticipated franchises to something I really don't care about all that much.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh look he’s on Mos Eisley in the cantina. Because there are only five places in the galaxy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I didn’t mind the episode as much as others seem to. I guess the main issue is the show doesn’t need to do the “fan service” stuff, we are on board with the new characters and settings, though I guess at the time of production the makers didn’t know how well it would be received.
Really hoping the last 3 episodes bring it home strong.