What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell. Bring in the IZZ. Vindicated & free to sign anywhere.

Boom! Cmon Sharkies!!

There are NRL clubs interested in speaking to Folau, knowing they can secure him for a cut-price deal next season, however they’re likely to face resistance from the game’s powerbrokers.

Given the settlement with RA, and potential restraint-of-trade arguments to be explored, Folau’s camp believes he may have legal grounds to fight for an NRL contract.

The NRL would not comment on the matter on Saturday.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/dc9f333a318ccdfcd91114722953bab1

Ads

First Grade
Must explore the possibility. Imagine faking outrage over a social media post by a guy who believes in religion.

Watch out for the litigation king.

Can you imagine a situation where our sponsors say it’s either him or us.

So we punt him and then his legal team say “copy and paste”.

Hopefully this current board are very careful who we bring to the Club and we no longer need to take a punt on trouble.

I mean we gave Todd Carney a lifeline and in the end he pissed in the Clubs face.

Let those turds be other Club’s trouble.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Despite his obvious talents is still a potential time bomb with any club. While he's that devoted to his cause and has no filter to his views you'd be mad to take him on and run the risk of ostracising sponsors and supporters. Let's hope the Donkeys run the gauntlet.

fizman

Bench
If I was running the game every player in the NRL would be entitled to two social media accounts.

Official NRL account - @sharkswadegraham.

Personal account -
@wadegraham

The official NRL account falls under contractual rules and regulations - game content and interaction with supporters. Players can be sacked for inappropriate content from this account

Personal account they can say whatever they want as a private citizen under “Free Speech”. Players cannot be sacked from this account.

If I was running the game every player in the NRL would be entitled to two social media accounts.

Official NRL account - @sharkswadegraham.

Personal account -
@wadegraham

The official NRL account falls under contractual rules and regulations - game content and interaction with supporters. Players can be sacked for inappropriate content from this account

Personal account they can say whatever they want as a private citizen under “Free Speech”. Players cannot be sacked from this account.

Did Union stand him down just because his comments or because pressure from sponsors?

Of course it was because of the potential loss of dollars from big sponsors.

In a ideal world your idea would work.

I don’t think Qantas would care what account he made his comments on. They would still have an issue with him being employed by Union and the it’s him or us issue would not go away.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I guess we will see how much harmony there is between the NRL Administration and Club administrators.

It will only take one of sixteen to present a contract to the NRL, however if Todd has any influence, this will not happen, Falou will be made zero offers from NRL clubs. No litigation required, no controversy, just no offers.

I hope not to be that club, not a Falou thing, do bite the hand that feeds you thing.

I hope all clubs can see, simply not worth it.

Don’t get all the outrage over Folau, don’t want to read his sermons don’t follow his Instagram account.

. If he weren't Famous for his football, no one else would either. Reality is media love to make it a big deal and most Sponsers would not want to be associated with a team he was in. I notice Yawnion didnt say come back Izzy all is forgiven. Prefered to lose millions to be done with him.

fizman

Bench
Well I guess we will see how much harmony there is between the NRL Administration and Club administrators.

It will only take one of sixteen to present a contract to the NRL, however if Todd has any influence, this will not happen, Falou will be made zero offers from NRL clubs. No litigation required, no controversy, just no offers.

I hope not to be that club, not a Falou thing, do bite the hand that feeds you thing.

I hope all clubs can see, simply not worth it.

This is where we may disagree, there are clubs that can “get away” and clubs that “can’t get away” with signing Folau.

The NRL would allow Folau to sign with Brisbane, Souths, Melbourne or Roosters in my opinion. I also believe that the NRL would support these clubs to make sure it does work.

As for the remaining clubs, the outrage would be based on a sliding scale depending which club it was that signed him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
This is where we may disagree, there are clubs that can “get away” and clubs that “can’t get away” with signing Folau.

The NRL would allow Folau to sign with Brisbane, Souths, Melbourne or Roosters in my opinion. I also believe that the NRL would support these clubs to make sure it does work.

As for the remaining clubs, the outrage would be based on a sliding scale depending which club it was that signed him.

Take out Brisbane though. They are apparently not interested. Souths will target Jai Arrow and spend the money there if they can. Roosters might need Trell gone.

Melbourne have let a lot of snorkels go.

I'd back them in. Back home with Bellyache

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Time will tell I guess.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Izzy would be better off starting his own evangelist show on one of those obscure pay tv chanels. There iwould be enough cashed up supporters who support his beliefs and would buy Izzy momentos to support the luxurious lifestyle he has become accustomed to.

Quigs

Immortal
Just send him up to the mountain with our very own Liar from the Shire. They could hold hands, close their eyes and sing to their hearts content.

If they are singing can I request this number..... because as sure as shit, I don't want to sail with this ship of fools. ..... Hit it Scummo and The Izz ..... ..... ..... Save me from tomorrow ....

Covered if he took it to court in NSW. His brief would have known that and hence into Federal Court instead.
It could not have gone to a NSW court. The State legislation has nothing to do with Folaus case. Its an open & shut case of unfair dismissal based upon Religous vilification. Federal.

Latest posts