What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 RLIF Grants

deluded pom?

Coach
Tonga matches alone? Lol I think you'll find that England games are the biggest contributors to the IRL gate levy..
He was using Tonga matches as an example ‘spud. He wasn’t saying they were the RLIF’s only or biggest source of income. Don’t you have any union matches to watch?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
what does this actually mean? (2) Amounts to groups per paid post year end
Seems like a weird annotation.

I interpereted it as that the amounts were not paid within the period that the financial reports were run (Jan to Dec) but payments for that period were made after that period. It is strange for the accountants not to recognise the expense in the period though.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'd love to see a NZ Cup to join QLD & NSW Cup one day as 2nd tier comps. May be unlikely but really it doesn't need to be anything too special commercially. Players are either paid to play game by game or paid by an NRL club they are signed to, other costs wouldn't need to be too much more than a local comp. Hopefully with a decent standard it could pick up a TV spot and a few decent sponsors.

South Auckland, North Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, Rotorua, Dunedin, New Plymouth. Or something similar, keep it North Island + Christchurch to save costs if necessary.

Teams partnered with NRL clubs and 2 clubs linked with Tonga & Samoa to provide pathways to those nations.

It is actually in both the NRL's and IRL's best interest that a NZ domestic comp that rivals the NSW Cup / QLD Cup / RFL Championship exists and thrives. It doesn't have to be a commercial success in NZ but funding from both bodies and sport NZ could sustain it and would solidify RL in the local sporting landscape and create better pathways that will keep them competing at the top of the game forever.

The NRL benefits by better pathways for NZ talent, the IRL benefits by having a secure and solid Kiwis team, the NZRL benefit by increasing their local footprint.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
This concerns me that the RLIF seems to not support the APRLF

While we also see other issues where no Asia Pacific countries have Observer status

Almost as if everyone in AP thinks the NRL is world and regional governing body

They received their grant, just not in the reporting period... in other words it was a delayed payment for whatever reason as per annotation 2.

Latest posts