What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He comes across as a complete blathering sook.

Other players would kill for his talents but for whatever reason, all he can fully understand and appreciate is himself.

During his entire career and life post-footy did anyone ever hear the icon and much beloved Artie Beetson speak or carry on like Latrell?

Nup. Most of his life, Big Artie was helping other people.

Proud indigenous man, giant of the game for eternity who led by example not sulking about how tough he had it or fretting about how much he was worth.

Last edited:
Reply to this message with a quote from me where I am singing his praises.

Why would I do that mate.

It’s a free forum -to a point anyway.
You can skim over my posts, put me on ignore,

After the way latrell (and his mates) have played us and other clubs for selfish self flogging benefit, I feel the occasional urge to bring his shortcomings to light.

I don’t hate him, I wish him well but we shouldn’t be having any dealings with him. I can express this is different ways.

Perhaps the other thing, we moan all the time about not getting good players and we make awful decisions about recruitment and now we have the chance to back ourselves.

I’ve visited other forums, no ones overly happy with us pinching stef and Lucy for starters. I want more of that. That’s the way to do it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Why would I do that mate.

It’s a free forum -to a point anyway.
You can skim over my posts, put me on ignore,

After the way latrell (and his mates) have played us and other clubs for selfish self flogging benefit, I feel the occasional urge to bring his shortcomings to light.

I don’t hate him, I wish him well but we shouldn’t be having any dealings with him. I can express this is different ways.

Perhaps the other thing, we moan all the time about not getting good players and we make awful decisions about recruitment and now we have the chance to back ourselves.

I’ve visited other forums, no ones overly happy with us pinching stef and Lucy for starters. I want more of that. That’s the way to do it.

You stated that I'm singing his praises, so I'm asking you to back it up with evidence, which you can't. Just like half the negativity you are spewing about Latrell isn't backed by any evidence whatsoever.

I can usually tell when someone is bullshiting, and I'm very confident Latrell was being completely honest in that interview. The fact is that he doesn't owe us anything. He wanted to test his market value and the media blew that up into the media storm it currently is. Our club made the right call, we thought he was committed to finding a new club, turns out he was just trying to figure out what he wanted to do. No harm done, we pulled the offer. If he wants to come to our club then they can reach out and we will sort something out. Not his fault, give the kid a break.

And no I won't block you, you are free to post whatever you want, just like I'm free to respond to it if I don't agree

Tiger05

First Grade
@BrotherJim05 - good post. Latrell is very different to us compared to Tedesco for instance. Tedesco was a Tigers junior and his family supported the club. He was never going to stay with us because he had no loyalty towards us at all and left for the same amount of money.

Latrell isn't a Tigers junior and he owes us nothing. He is also looking at a significant pay upgrade leaving the Rorters rather than staying there. He is also in his early 20's and I think all the drama about him signing or not signing is way over the top.

Last edited:
You stated that I'm singing his praises, so I'm asking you to back it up with evidence, which you can't. Just like half the negativity you are spewing about Latrell isn't backed by any evidence whatsoever.

I can usually tell when someone is bullshiting, and I'm very confident Latrell was being completely honest in that interview. The fact is that he doesn't owe us anything. He wanted to test his market value and the media blew that up into the media storm it currently is. Our club made the right call, we thought he was committed to finding a new club, turns out he was just trying to figure out what he wanted to do. No harm done, we pulled the offer. If he wants to come to our club then they can reach out and we will sort something out. Not his fault, give the kid a break.

And no I won't block you, you are free to post whatever you want, just like I'm free to respond to it if I don't agree

I said you can sing his praises if you want to and you change the meaning of that.

Latrell got our massive offer, then ran off to visit at least two other clubs and wouldn’t even take our phone calls. That’s all evidenced by our club when we explained why we pulled the offer.

You think he’s being fair dinkum with us, fine, then put your keyboard down from my head and explain what consideration and kindness he’s shown us, our fans and sponsors. What about the roosters, plenty of loyalty shown to them.

He’s just another Matt’s.

Latrell has been offered the world and he’s been seduced by how great he is by his stinking entourage and stuffed 3 -5 clubs

The interview was set up and designed to show him in a good light because he’s stuffed around about a quarter of the clubs, members and fans of the nrl.

Maybe 99 percent of all rugby league in this country costs its participants and volunteers money to be part of. I’m sick of elite players and their buddies forgetting that basic principle.

Plus he does an acl, then we are finished for 2 seasons.

Im backing Madge, Pascoe and the roosters.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
@BrotherJim05 - good post. Latrell is very different to us compared to Tedesco for instance. Tedesco was a Tigers junior and his family supported the club. He was never going to stay with us because he had no loyalty towards us at all and left for the same amount of money.

Tedescos immediate family didnt support the club, his Uncles did. Teddy was also a Campbelltown Junior but his Uncles supported Balmain prior to the JV and then WT after that. His Uncle told me that Teddy wasnt keen on the Tigers and wanted to go elsewhere before he had even played a game in first grade. In the end the only reason he probably played first grade for the Tigers at all was out of a sense of loyalty after the Tigers supported him through his early knee issues.

Teddy was never truly a Tiger.

Now teddy, talks his tigers experience down.

tard.

All the players who talk us down to make themselves feel better can f**k off.

Not worthy of the jersey imo.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tedescos immediate family didnt support the club, his Uncles did. Teddy was also a Campbelltown Junior but his Uncles supported Balmain prior to the JV and then WT after that. His Uncle told me that Teddy wasnt keen on the Tigers and wanted to go elsewhere before he had even played a game in first grade. In the end the only reason he probably played first grade for the Tigers at all was out of a sense of loyalty after the Tigers supported him through his early knee issues.

Teddy was never truly a Tiger.

I know nothing at all but I read one of his dad's tweets recently and he said he would recommend playing for the Tigers and stating something like there is nothing better than watching a Tigers team play at Leichardht oval.

He certainly sounded like he had an affection towards the Tigers.

I can't stand Tedesco though. Great player but to me he left his junior club which I support when they went all in on him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
How the f**k do any of you know what Tedesco thinks of our club? I'm gonna start referring to you guys as B1 and B2 if you keep this up.

The B standing for Buzz Roth field

Shredder

Juniors
Have to be the Titans now they have the Arrow cash surely.

What a ponce - goes from the best team in the comp to the worst for more money. And if he doesnt continue to make the rep sides it might be less money.

Tiger5150

Bench
If this is true, then the plot is getting stranger by the day. Maybe he will end up at the Titans?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/w...y/news-story/c7de8614a8e49d67efd9539a138da8b7

The Latrell Mitchell saga keeps rolling on over the silly season with Wayne Bennett apparently removing a lifeline for the NRL star.

Ok now this is captain obvious territory, but for me it means that a decision HAS been made and its one of two outcomes. 1, Souffs have signed him, Bennett obviously has history with this kind of obfuscation. ...or 2. Bennett knows for a fact that he has signed elsewhere (Tigers?) and this is his version of we never wanted him anyway.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ok now this is captain obvious territory, but for me it means that a decision HAS been made and its one of two outcomes. 1, Souffs have signed him, Bennett obviously has history with this kind of obfuscation. ...or 2. Bennett knows for a fact that he has signed elsewhere (Tigers?) and this is his version of we never wanted him anyway.
I believe it’s the 1st outcome as this is typical smoke & mirrors by the cocksure Bennett

super_coach

First Grade
I still think Trell will turn out for the Chooks for 2020 and the circus will start up again mid season when there are more clubs cashed up in the market place. Of course Souths are still a chance as Bennett has a history of telling porkies

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, Monday 6th is decision day for this bloke, still no idea where he will turn up.

I am over his shit, but geeze we need someone of his calibre.

Our backs just look pedestrian, hopefully there is good news re: JAC coming.