What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Spot On

Coach
He seems like an alright bloke with a decent head on his shoulders but his immaturity and poor advice is obvious. There's an 'everyone is against me' vibe that he needs to grow out of.

Told Roosters he wants to look around, but is then shocked when Roosters offer is off the table. What did you think was gonna happen? Roosters won't leave their offer on the table to be used as a bargaining chip. Simple business.

I applaud his standing against racism but his cracks at Fittler and the NSWRL (Foxsports is reporting that the unedited interview has Latrell implying he was treated poorly after the anthem protest) are ridiculous.

Laurie Daley publicly stated this morning on radio that he never, ever encountered any racisim of any kind or on any level while working for the NSWRL. Ever.

If Latrell can't work out why he was punted from the NSW set up after game 1 this year then there is no hope for him.

It is sad to see this going in the direction it is.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah, I think we might be getting a glimpse into why teams may not think he's worth the money.

100%. And it has been obvious prior to this season imo. But it has got a lot worse in 2019.

I said from the start the Roosters offer was already overs. Not sure what they are holding out for?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems the media has really go tit in for poor old Latrell. Not sure why they've made him enemy number one, must be a very slow off season for poor behaviour!

betcats

Referee
its not tiger's fans defending him.. It's an NRL fan clearing up your confusion

“This has been addressed previously,” Trodden told the Telegraph.

“We’re particularly disappointed that the interview on the NRL website contained a number of really serious inaccuracies with suggestions Freddy had made no attempt to contact Latrell.

“This to my knowledge is totally false. He has made many attempts to contact Latrell and has picked him in our State of Origin squad for Thursday and Friday of next week.”

He made a number of bullshit claims about freddy and the nswrl, you guys are splitting hairs here.

Tiger5150

Bench
“This has been addressed previously,” Trodden told the Telegraph.

“We’re particularly disappointed that the interview on the NRL website contained a number of really serious inaccuracies with suggestions Freddy had made no attempt to contact Latrell.

“This to my knowledge is totally false. He has made many attempts to contact Latrell and has picked him in our State of Origin squad for Thursday and Friday of next week.”

He made a number of bullshit claims about freddy and the nswrl, you guys are splitting hairs here.

The only bullshit is people here saying he is “like Mundine “ and blames not singing the anthem for getting dropped. That simply did not happen. The opposite happened. He said “that’s NOT why I got dropped”

what other bullshit is there?

betcats

Referee
The only bullshit is people here saying he is “like Mundine “ and blames not singing the anthem for getting dropped. That simply did not happen. The opposite happened. He said “that’s NOT why I got dropped”

what other bullshit is there?

Can you read?

“NSW went real funny on us because we don’t sing the anthem,” Mitchell said referring to himself, Cody Walker and Josh Addo-Carr.

And:

“I haven’t had a yarn with him (Fittler), he said he was going to ring me and he still hasn’t rang me … it’s like well, I haven’t got nothing off him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
“I haven’t had a yarn with him (Fittler), he said he was going to ring me and he still hasn’t rang me … it’s like well, I haven’t got nothing off him.
Latrell is trolling everyone. That's a double negative, meaning he has got heaps from Fittler

Danish

Referee
Fittler hasn’t called Mitchell. He was asked at the press conference announcing the team if he had called Latrell, and fittler said no.

he claimed to have attempted to contact him a couple days later, but I’d be surprised if Mitchell took that call.

Trying to defend Fittler’s character is a fool’s errand. That’s all you need to know about his character.

tremendous footballer, should be an immortal. World class merkin though (then again he’d be in fine company with some of the other immortals of the game)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger5150

Bench
Can you read?

“NSW went real funny on us because we don’t sing the anthem,” Mitchell said referring to himself, Cody Walker and Josh Addo-Carr.

And:

and which of those two things are bullshit? The NSW went funny on us part was immediately after he said (in response to a direct question about not singing the anthem) That is not why I was dropped but there was a little bit there, NSW went real funny on us. He said I didn’t get dropped because of it, but (in my words) there was a funny vibe. That doesn’t sound like a leap of faith to me. Sounds completely plausible to me. When I watched the interview I actually thought he meant the people of NSW. Wasn’t until NSWRL stomped all over him that I thought he might have meant NSWRL.

and he told the truth about Fittler.

what is the motivation to paint him as some kind of arsehole without any reason?

Latrell's management, how they make decisions

1225860-DWyzPdBVAAAdc5c-1527790119-728-f384142848-1528097618.jpg

Danish

Referee
Yeah I’m not seeing what Latrell said that was false.

tbh I think he’s being absolutely murdered by disgraceful media outlets, which hasn’t stopped since Freddy fed him to the wolves after origin 1. I reckon Freddy burned a few bridges at the roosters after that move.

He is likely to not be at my club in 2020, but I hope he has immense success elsewhere. Would love to see him at the tigers as I think Madge could mentor him well, and he’d thrive under their system.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yeah I’m not seeing what Latrell said that was false.

tbh I think he’s being absolutely murdered by disgraceful media outlets, which hasn’t stopped since Freddy fed him to the wolves after origin 1. I reckon Freddy burned a few bridges at the roosters after that move.

He is likely to not be at my club in 2020, but I hope he has immense success elsewhere. Would love to see him at the tigers as I think Madge could mentor him well, and he’d thrive under their system.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that written about the Tigers but appreciate the sentiment. I hope he ends up at the Tigers but I genuinely hope he comes out of this ok. He is being carved up and I don’t see the motivation for it. He is a kid and clearly has a fair bit on his plate.

King hit

Coach
Fittler hasn’t called Mitchell. He was asked at the press conference announcing the team if he had called Latrell, and fittler said no.

he claimed to have attempted to contact him a couple days later, but I’d be surprised if Mitchell took that call.

Trying to defend Fittler’s character is a fool’s errand. The bloke abandoned his own son. That’s all you need to know about his character.

tremendous footballer, should be an immortal. World class merkin though (then again he’d be in fine company with some of the other immortals of the game)
How did Fittler abandon his own son?

I’ve read his autobiography, he did not abandon his kid with some women who he had a stand with back in the mid 90’s. She didn’t want anything to do with him and never made contact again after telling him about it a year later. She didn’t let the baby near him after either.

Fittler is a very active father to 2 kids, he would never abandon his family.

unforgiven

Bench
Can you read?

And:

Have you actually watched the video?

He states that not signing the anthem was not the reason he was dropped and that he had a family situation that led to him being distracted during the origin period.

betcats

Referee
Have you actually watched the video?

He states that not signing the anthem was not the reason he was dropped and that he had a family situation that led to him being distracted during the origin period.

And yet the NSWRL is still not happy with his comments. Have they seen the video? Maybe someone should tell them he said it wasn’t the reason he was dropped.... lol why did he even bring up the anthem protest months after he was dropped? You blokes cannot read between the lines at all.

Tiger5150

Bench
And yet the NSWRL is still not happy with his comments. Have they seen the video? Maybe someone should tell them he said it wasn’t the reason he was dropped.... lol why did he even bring up the anthem protest months after he was dropped? You blokes cannot read between the lines at all.

Because he was directly asked. His response was totally unprovocative. What lines am I supposed to read between. It was as direct as possible. Clearly you haven’t seen the video but are still seemingly keen to denigrate the guy. Why?

Latest posts