What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Davey Warner Appreciation Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This, and CA management above... they set the tone and allowed the boorish culture to be actively developed by Lehman. A weak captain with little experience was appointed with the so called enforcer as vc. Both were mistakes, Warner was always a mistake and to be fair there were questions on Smith as captain but a lot was obvious with hindsight and attributable to a degree to the dickhead coach and vc

Then the result is a knee jerk reaction to a series of events that culminated in being caught ball tampering
Well the selectors we’re picking our wicketkeepers for their chirp, as I said the players seemed to cop the brunt of everything.

Lehman the fat myth lands a cushie coaching job plus the odd day dribbling shit on Fox commentary.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Smith is forgiven more readily because he doesn't have a long history of acting like a boorish dickhead.

also he seemed to not want to get involved, or know too much about it, he took responsibility well because it happened under his watch but from all reports he had to be talked into it and he certainly didn't instigate it, from reports it was Davey's idea

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ball tampering is one thing, his behaviour on the field is another. Combine the two and you've got Davey.

We've toed the line as long as I can remember. But David just carries on like a complete wanker and its beyond embarrassing.

The bigger problem I see is Warner let to do what he wants on the field

Why didn't his captains (Smith, Clarke, Ponting?), coaches he has had (Lehman, Arthur, Nielson?) even CA pull him in line years back???

They are just as much to blame, probably more so imo

Fangs

Coach
The bigger problem I see is Warner let to do what he wants on the field

Why didn't his captains (Smith, Clarke, Ponting?), coaches he has had (Lehman, Arthur, Nielson?) even CA pull him in line years back???

They are just as much to blame, probably more so imo

I agree with that too. Smith being the younger captain would have made it harder.

Questions should have been asked after he looked to the dressing room for a DRS referral during the India home series. I was very surprised more wasn't made of that. The Australian captain was cheating.

Timbo

Staff member
This, and CA management above... they set the tone and allowed the boorish culture to be actively developed by Lehman. A weak captain with little experience was appointed with the so called enforcer as vc. Both were mistakes, Warner was always a mistake and to be fair there were questions on Smith as captain but a lot was obvious with hindsight and attributable to a degree to the dickhead coach and vc

Then the result is a knee jerk reaction to a series of events that culminated in being caught ball tampering

Ed Cowan said it on the radio last summer. He knew his days were numbered as soon as Lehmann took over as he wasn’t the kind of bloke he wanted in the side, runs were irrelevant.

We’ve always let bogan morons have too much influence over whose in the side. Want to read a book or have a quiet night in our tour? What’s wrong with you, you should be listening to Chisel and sinking tinnies. It’s the Aussie way mate!

There are times when it stops being the Australian representative side and starts being the private club touring side of the whoever has found themself in control. I’m not entirely convinced that it’s not headed back that way under Langer. You can tell he’s just itching for a chance to dump Burns and recall Bancroft, because that’s who he wants to have a beer with on tour.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts