What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 jerseys.

PhilGould

Bench
That'd be them. Not a fan of the sleeves on the home one. Gonna need a few days to process the away one. It's different at least.

Apey

Staff member
I think the new logo looks way better on a jersey than it does by itself.

PhilGould

Bench
EKfulZuU4AAEWpD
EKfulZ2VAAAbXwH

Nuke

Staff member
No rule about it. It just tends to be the harshest contrast to most clubs' main jerseys. I liked it around 2008 when our alternate jersey was that grey one. Grey / silver is very much underdone in the NRL, and let's face it, grey / silver suits a team that has a knights' helmet as a logo, as traditionally, suits of armour are that colour!

As for the logo, by itself, I'm used to it now and do like it (albeit I still lament the lack of the word 'NEWCASTLE' in it, but I'm not going into that again..!) ... but to me right now, it just looks wrong on the jersey!

Alex28

Coach
I don’t mind both jerseys. It’s easily the best away jersey we have had in ages.

Slightly off topic, got my membership kit last week. I know membership is primarily a fundraiser for the club, but the kit was grim...

Groth

Juniors
I don’t mind both jerseys. It’s easily the best away jersey we have had in ages.

Slightly off topic, got my membership kit last week. I know membership is primarily a fundraiser for the club, but the kit was grim...

I got my pack today (gold member) and I feel abit robbed with it. Membership prices went up but quality has gone far far down. The hat is trash and looks like a blind man made it. Everything else i could see being in a cheap showbag.

Also, the away jersey is great, bought it on Friday and I find oneills being more comfortable than the ISC jerseys

Nuke

Staff member
in that case I reckn red instead of white - with red shorts, socks.
While I personally like the red-jersey idea, in about 2004 the Knights' alternate kit was virtually all red ... and it was overkill. Red jersey with blue shorts and socks looks SO much better.

But...
Given the number of people out there with some form of colour-blindness, a light colour (white, grey, yellow, ect) provides a much greater contrast to any combination of reds, blues, greens, purples, ect, hence why an alternate kit realistically needs to be light-colour dominant.
I like that they've revived (or at least taken a huge inspiration from) the 2003 (?) World Sevens jersey. I still have one, and it's still about 3 sizes too big as that was the best I could get at the time!

Haffa

I got my pack today (gold member) and I feel abit robbed with it. Membership prices went up but quality has gone far far down. The hat is trash and looks like a blind man made it. Everything else i could see being in a cheap showbag.
The hat is an embarrassment. They’ve clearly gone to some cheap supplier and had them custom made for the lowest price possible. Also why do I need a deck of cards?

Also, the away jersey is great, bought it on Friday and I find oneills being more comfortable than the ISC jerseys
I got a platinum membership and the only extra we got was some crappy little portable phone charger lol

macavity

Referee
The hat is an embarrassment. They’ve clearly gone to some cheap supplier and had them custom made for the lowest price possible. Also why do I need a deck of cards?

They should have included a red and blue noose

First Grade
Got my new home Jersey on Friday, nice quality only thing I dont like is how small the neck hole is, I got a 7xl for my svelt frame and I wear a normal size hat but a couple of stitches broke getting the neck hole over my melon

Frederick

Staff member
Got my new home Jersey on Friday, nice quality only thing I dont like is how small the neck hole is, I got a 7xl for my svelt frame and I wear a normal size hat but a couple of stitches broke getting the neck hole over my melon
Do you want an apology? Good luck, didn't work for the last person with a big head

First Grade
Do you want an apology? Good luck, didn't work for the last person with a big head
In all seriousness I actually wore a size 57 Slouch hat in the army which is pretty average and it is bizarre how small the opening in the Jersey is,

Latest posts