What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
. Lucky u arn’t the tigers recruitment guy..that’s a question u need to research first and then answer yourself ...
Beattie encouraged free thinking about not singing the anthem ..the new guy will have to have an opinion because it won’t go away..

The Rosco

Bench
Love that song.....
But favourite is still....Money for nothing and your chicks for free.......
While Dire Straits made some real nice music . . . please tcoggs, don't ever mention Dark side of the moon in the same breath as a jokey little song that appealed to more 5 yr olds ( film clip, and the words MTV) than serious music listeners. That track was a travesty to the many great songs the Straits put out before it.
Mind you, it was THE reason that the Brothers in arms album sold the way it did.

WA Tiger

Bench
While Dire Straits made some real nice music . . . please tcoggs, don't ever mention Dark side of the moon in the same breath as a jokey little song that appealed to more 5 yr olds ( film clip, and the words MTV) than serious music listeners. That track was a travesty to the many great songs the Straits put out before it.
Mind you, it was THE reason that the Brothers in arms album sold the way it did.
Why worry ...Ride across the river...The Mans to strong and ...your latest trick ..were all far better than MTV ...but I suppose if people can like Mambo number 5 anything’s possible

Phil Gould

Juniors

A mate and I took our toys to sell at a trash and treasure market the year that song came out. We played it on our cassette deck on repeat to rev up potential buyers and so many people wanted to buy just that tape deck.

While the song is shallow compared to their usual offerings, it is exactly what they set out to do and they absolutely killed it. The song was such a great piss take on the MTV pop rock of the time that it actually is the epitome of that genre for that year. I think it shows how great they were, to be able to mock something and own it at the same time. Imagine saying the word twig in a radio song these days. And that main riff is still epic to this day.

WA Tiger

Bench
I want my MTV
Now look at them yo-yo's
That's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the MTV
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb
We've got to install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We've got to move these refrigerators
We've got to move these color TV's
I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera
Oh, man we could have some-
And he's up there, what's that? Hawaiian noises?
He's bangin' on the bongos like a chimpanzee
Oh, that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Get your money for nothin', get your chicks for free
Listen here
Now, that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the MTV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free
Money for nothin'
And the chicks for free
Get your money for nothin'
And your chicks for free
Look at that, look at that
Get your money for nothin' (I want my, I want my)
And your chicks for free (I want my MTV)
Get your money for nothin' (I want my, I want my)
And your chicks for free

Tcoggs

Juniors

Still have got the vinyl album Dark Side Of The Moon Rosco.
Brothers in Arms DVD as well..
But....worst song ever by Dire Straits (my fave band by the way) was TWISTING BY THE POOL.....What a horrible song that was.

Tcoggs

Juniors
Why worry ...Ride across the river...The Mans to strong and ...your latest trick ..were all far better than MTV ...but I suppose if people can like Mambo number 5 anything’s possible

Industrial Disease...not played much,bot love it.

Shredder

Juniors
Once the Roosters want someone gone, they do it quickly.

Hes contracted there for next year, they say he wont be offered an extension.

They make it pretty clear dont they?

Phil Gould

Juniors
Once the Roosters want someone gone, they do it quickly.

Hes contracted there for next year, they say he wont be offered an extension.

They make it pretty clear dont they?
They do! I was expecting Latrell to sign for less to fit under the sombrero

Shredder

Juniors
Its getting interesting now.

Roosters wont release LM to Souths, GC now dont want to release Jai Arrow.

So, GC cant make spacer for LM and it looks like noone wants LM.

Tigerm

First Grade
Its getting interesting now.

Roosters wont release LM to Souths, GC now dont want to release Jai Arrow.

So, GC cant make spacer for LM and it looks like noone wants LM.
I think we do, but he has to show Madge he wants to be here as well. He hasn't to date, from what I can see.

Tiger05

First Grade
Let's just wait and see what happens. He is the exact type of player that we need if he performs but any player on $1 million is a risk.