What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacuous inclusivity campaign

Old Timer

Coach
Its all very simple for me.
  • He has religious freedom to say what he likes and he did.
  • He had a contractual agreement and according to his employer he broke that.
  • He has a resume for prospective employers and they will either like it or dislike it.
  • As he likes to quote the bible and the consequences for not following it, he should have no problem of understanding what an employer expects from him and the consequences if he doesn't comply.
  • If he doesn't like the contract of employment or the terms and conditions contained within he doesn't have to take the job.

sa1nt5

Juniors
  • He has a resume for prospective employers and they will either like it or dislike it.
  • As he likes to quote the bible and the consequences for not following it, he should have no problem of understanding what an employer expects from him and the consequences if he doesn't comply.
  • If he doesn't like the contract of employment or the terms and conditions contained within he doesn't have to take the job.
His “win” in court shows he done nothing wrong RA had to pay him for overstepping the Mark and giving itself more power that it was entitled to. It showed too that not only was he within his rights but he adhered to the structure of the contract. Like or dislike is the problem here because he needs to be accredited by the governing body and they can’t break the trade laws so have no recourse but to register him, personality over performance is rife in every workplace that used that paradigm to promote, employ management illegal but prevalent, and it is high time it was stopped. Israel is a far better option then Aitken. Our board and coach are not structured upon performance, but rather one of like or dislike.

SBD82

Coach
That’s not inclusive. You’re out, on yer bike, there’s the door please be more tolerant and inclusive in future. There is no room in the game for intolerance unless it’s about tolerance then intolerance is tolerated. Now don’t be intolerant and become a hypocrite because that’s a whole other can of worms.
He admitted that he knew that his comments would cause offence.

He admitted that he would continue to make similar comments on the future.

Employing him now, knowing that he will continue to make these comments, would be tacit approval of the comments from the NRL.

grouch

First Grade
His “win” in court shows he done nothing wrong RA had to pay him for overstepping the Mark and giving itself more power that it was entitled to. It showed too that not only was he within his rights but he adhered to the structure of the contract. Like or dislike is the problem here because he needs to be accredited by the governing body and they can’t break the trade laws so have no recourse but to register him, personality over performance is rife in every workplace that used that paradigm to promote, employ management illegal but prevalent, and it is high time it was stopped. Israel is a far better option then Aitken. Our board and coach are not structured upon performance, but rather one of like or dislike.
Who let the gimp out?

grouch

First Grade
uedawtfzqbgz.jpg

sa1nt5

Juniors
He admitted that he knew that his comments would cause offence.

He admitted that he would continue to make similar comments on the future.

Employing him now, knowing that he will continue to make these comments, would be tacit approval of the comments from the NRL.
The same logic implies boofhead at the Boncos might just kick another door in to terrorise a family or Dave Fifita might slap another one in the back of the head whilst passing on a bike or packer might stomp on another head luring unconsciously on the ground. Israel proffered an opinion, take it or leave it. Those other dolls gave no option but to cop what they are dishing out, imagine the carnage if Matt lodges victims had of fought back and he took umbrage at it. If offended by Israel’s words, take the foghorn leghorn view and just say, that boys as sharp as a tennis ball, but if the NRL has their way don’t use the word boy as it not only describes his gender but also ........ xx redacted. poster has been sacked from employment and ostracised as a pariah till the end of his days, no correspondence will be entered into no way forward will be given, re education will be completed in accordance with the outraged.

_Johnsy

Referee
That’s not inclusive. You’re out, on yer bike, there’s the door please be more tolerant and inclusive in future. There is no room in the game for intolerance unless it’s about tolerance then intolerance is tolerated. Now don’t be intolerant and become a hypocrite because that’s a whole other can of worms.

Is that the same type of hypocrisy of agreeing to terms of an employment contract, breaching those on numerous occasions & then being warned about breaching those terms, agreeing not too breach again. Then when he does he’s whinging about it?
He could have kept his views to himself, but he as an adult chose to voice them on a public forum. It’s his baggage, but as per usual, some god botherer who believe fiction over fact, couldn’t carry it.

That’s just my opinion.

_Johnsy

Referee

Wrong, he breached his employment contract conditions.
I have NFI how this simple premise has escaped your grasp.

_Johnsy

Referee
Pretty much spot on OT.

_Johnsy

Referee
You see that’s the point you can call me any name you like from where you are. Why can’t Israel ? One rule for you another for him ? Think harder
Is it in grouches employment contract, if so is it breach of the conditions within that contract?

sa1nt5

Juniors
Is that the same type of hypocrisy of agreeing to terms of an employment contract, breaching those on numerous occasions & then being warned about breaching those terms, agreeing not too breach again. Then when he does he’s whinging about it?
He could have kept his views to himself, but he as an adult chose to voice them on a public forum. It’s his baggage, but as per usual, some god botherer who believe fiction over fact, couldn’t carry it.

That’s just my opinion.
In principle I agree. However you quote newspapers as the true course of events, the court doesn’t, and RA know this they also knew they got it wrong and it was they who were in breach, so they agreed on an RA apology and settled

_Johnsy

Referee
However you quote newspapers as the true course of events, the court doesn’t, and RA know this they also knew they got it wrong and it was they who were in breach, so they agreed on an RA apology and settled

No I haven’t. Try reading all of RA press releases.

grouch

First Grade
You see that’s the point you can call me any name you like from where you are. Why can’t Israel ? One rule for you another for him ? Think harder
Ok gimp! I will.

Guess what - I'm not a public figure employed by a very public sporting team, and my words can't bring an entire sport into disrepute. Think harder, gimp

_Johnsy

Referee
Obviously not RA confidentially settled rather than have the truth come out
Based on what, your experience of court/law processes, or just uninformed opinion?

RA reasons for termination of contract were there for everyone to see, breach of contractual conditions, after previous warnings to which he agreed not to further breach. No one won both parties came to an agreement after lengthy mediation.

Using your rationale, why did Israel reach a confidential settlement?

Israel knew he got it wrong and it was he who were in breach, so both parties agreed on an Israel Folau & RA apology and settled. If your going to try and take a stand on a particular issue, at least be informed. As you advised grouch, think harder.

I have SFA to offer this discussion from here on.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am very sad right now.

I tell myself the the absolute explosition of information that has driven the technology to post this, will take some time to sink in.

Fascists.

Last edited by a moderator:

grouch

First Grade
This is kindergarten simplistic and borderline histrionics for the sake of brevity. Israel said do this go to hell, you can be saved, don’t do it. Hitler said how is this is a problem just kill them
Karl Popper was an Austrian who fled because of Nazism. Hardly simplistic.

Hate speech can kill.

https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/about-us/news-and-media/mindthefacts

LGBTI young people are twice as likely to be diagnosed with a mental health condition, six times more likely to have suicidal thoughts and five times more likely to make an attempt on their life than their heterosexual peers

And you're a gimp.