What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
And why he didn't make the top 25 on the intelligence list.

Few fireman I talked to said they'd normally Backburn but the greens put a stop to it and why out of control fires.
I just feel sorry for the wild life.
Ok do you realize that the Greens are in no position of power in any level of government that could allow them to influence policy on backburning ?

Best your mates get their facts straight.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not see how Bush fires and smoke has anything to do with climate change or global warming in any way.

We always will have fires. These are out of control. Most likely from dry conditions and lack of back burning. Greens or lack of funding I am not 100%

I am all for solar and slowly making our country greener. It would create heaps of work. We could become world leaders and teach poorer countries how to do it etc. Massive opportunities here

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don’t think in a world full of such people that the ends justify the means
The world is full of people who aren't 'us' and who won't be convinced by our bullshit anyway. They will listen to the bullshit coming from their own thought leaders, whoever they may be.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok do you realize that the Greens are in no position of power in any level of government that could allow them to influence policy on backburning ?

Best your mates get their facts straight.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction

I could say the same about your facts you spread on here when you blow your beans.
I do not care how they started. Learn from mistakes and move on. Nothing to be gained by blaming each other. It's childish and f**king silly. Bunch of bitches.

hindy111

Post Whore
You could start with this...

Anyway there are plenty of other factors as well. It's not just this or that, it all adds up

Is lack of rainfall worldwide or just here?
I know in the middle of Australia they have had some of the wettest seasons ever.

Gronk

Staff member
I could say the same about your facts you spread on here when you blow your beans.
I do not care how they started. Learn from mistakes and move on. Nothing to be gained by blaming each other. It's childish and f**king silly. Bunch of bitches.
Nothing will change until we have a bipartisan approach to climate change. The rest of the world (ok other than rust belt usa) think we are bonkers.

84 Baby

Referee
The world is full of people who aren't 'us' and who won't be convinced by our bullshit anyway. They will listen to the bullshit coming from their own thought leaders, whoever they may be.
Like Professor X?
Anyway it’s a hearts and minds question. If you agree with the end goal, what do you care for how Professor X leads the “thems” there?

Bazal

Post Whore
Is lack of rainfall worldwide or just here?
I know in the middle of Australia they have had some of the wettest seasons ever.

I presume it's mixed, as you'd expect. I'm not saying that climate change is the only factor either. We're in coming out of a big El Nino event a few years ago for eg, and that always brings drought if the cycle is long.

But right now the Southern Oscillation is pretty neutral. Another El Nino hasn't actually taken hold yet, so you could argue climate change is possibly playing a role. It's certainly drier than you might expect in a lot of places.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nothing will change until we have a bipartisan approach to climate change. The rest of the world (ok other than rust belt usa) think we are bonkers.

From what I gather we sell heaps of coal and it props up our economy. Take it away and we fall into a massive hole.
Everyones super would evaporate to peanuts. Currently there is little to invest in. Rental returns are woefull, property markets over valued, bank interest is rubbish and that leave the share market which is all over the place. Imagine not exporting coal.

84 Baby

Referee
I do not see how Bush fires and smoke has anything to do with climate change or global warming in any way.

We always will have fires. These are out of control. Most likely from dry conditions and lack of back burning. Greens or lack of funding I am not 100%

I am all for solar and slowly making our country greener. It would create heaps of work. We could become world leaders and teach poorer countries how to do it etc. Massive opportunities here
The theory is climate change created the dry conditions and shortened the window that fire services are able to backburn.

Suitman

Post Whore
We had sporting organisations rushing on Saturday trying to determine if they should cancel games. They were directed to this graph and basically told if it hits 100 consider it and really shouldn’t be if it’s above 200. By the time they implemented policies, kids had played games in conditions over 300

Yeh, I heard about that. Not good.
I suppose the confusion lies in the fact that these are really unprecedented conditions.

I clearly remember plenty of years throughout my lifetime that we've had bad bushfires in Sydney and surrounds. They came and went within a week or so.
I cannot ever remember such a sustained period of fire. Some have been burning for months.
The smoke haze is completely unprecedented, and it has been intense, day after day.
Truly, I've never seen anything like it.
As for the lack of rain...… fmd!! It's been great for us builders, but wow, not good for much else. Dam levels are falling at an alarming rate - about 1% every 2 - 3 weeks or so.
The only way this will end will be an inundation of flooding rains, and there is nothing even remotely possible in the long range forecasts (atm). Of course, this can change, but all the indicators are that there is not really an end in sight.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeh, I heard about that. Not good.
I suppose the confusion lies in the fact that these are really unprecedented conditions.

I clearly remember plenty of years throughout my lifetime that we've had bad bushfires in Sydney and surrounds. They came and went within a week or so.
I cannot ever remember such a sustained period of fire. Some have been burning for months.
The smoke haze is completely unprecedented, and it has been intense, day after day.
Truly, I've never seen anything like it.
As for the lack of rain...… fmd!! It's been great for us builders, but wow, not good for much else. Dam levels are falling at an alarming rate - about 1% every 2 - 3 weeks or so.
The only way this will end will be an inundation of flooding rains, and there is nothing even remotely possible in the long range forecasts (atm). Of course, this can change, but all the indicators are that there is not really an end in sight.
This is true. It was mostly a decisiveness problem with kids sport associations. No one wanted to play on Saturday, it just needed administrators to cancel. Funding issue with a lot of them. Most of them aren’t paid to think of these things before 7am Saturday morning