What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I don't understand why they signed brock lamb on a development contract when "He'll give us a lot of depth and really push me and Dyl for positions so if we're not playing good footy there's nor reason why Brad shouldn't put him in." But they have to wait till round 17 if they want to do that.
Maybe Moses doesn't realise he's on a development contract, or doesn't know the rules regarding them. Or maybe he knows something we don't.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't understand why they signed brock lamb on a development contract when "He'll give us a lot of depth and really push me and Dyl for positions so if we're not playing good footy there's nor reason why Brad shouldn't put him in." But they have to wait till round 17 if they want to do that.

We normally keep one top 30 spot free, why waste it now, better to wait and see how Lamb / Davis go and what position we need to cover before promoting either into the top 30.

Noise

Coach
If we have injuries, and no cover in the halves/hooker, good chance NRL will let them play.
We have used the following as a hooker in the past:
Gutho
Brown
Stone
Will Smith
And in the halves:
Salmon
Gutho
Taka
Smith
I reckon the NRL will make us exhaust all these options before thinking about granting special exemptions.

Delboy

First Grade
Maybe Hollis is next man up up in NRL, or even Stefano. There could be a play as clubs juggle rosters, they have until early next year to name 29.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think gutho is a bit underrated as a ball player, he had 13 TA / 16 LBA n 2019 - equal best / best in both for all fullbacks (Tedesco had 13 / 13 Ponga 9 TA).

Anyhow just think it’s a risk playing a rookie without “ball playing” skills. Even Ferguson has no ball playing skills.

Yeah - but it's even riskier playing Will Smith in first grade in any position whatsoever.
We will have made a great comeback, from 16-2 down to be leading 18-16 with 2 minutes to go. Moses has had the ball on a string with his kicking game. Last tackle, 35m out from our own line, Will Smith will overrule the dummy half, jump in there and ignore Moses, preferring to kick it out on the full himself.
He's a terrible decision maker and should never ever set foot in FG. He's not a depth signing because he over-rates his own ability and sees himself as the go-to guy, and the one who is allowed to back himself.

Better off playing a rookie who knows his limitations, and can catch bombs.

T.S Quint

Coach
If Jesus is going to have a second coming you’d think it would have to be soon.

I mean l normally have to wait a little while for my second coming, but he’s leaving it a bit long.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah - but it's even riskier playing Will Smith in first grade in any position whatsoever.
We will have made a great comeback, from 16-2 down to be leading 18-16 with 2 minutes to go. Moses has had the ball on a string with his kicking game. Last tackle, 35m out from our own line, Will Smith will overrule the dummy half, jump in there and ignore Moses, preferring to kick it out on the full himself.
He's a terrible decision maker and should never ever set foot in FG. He's not a depth signing because he over-rates his own ability and sees himself as the go-to guy, and the one who is allowed to back himself.

Anyone is capable of a bad decision or bad execution. Judging it more harshly in light of the final result is classic hindsight bias.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Im pretty sure W Smith was re signed prior to the introduction of our Recruitment and Retention Committee. We appear to be making less bad recruitment decisions and lots of good ones since our decisions are committee based.