What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Federation Seek New Directors

adamkungl

Immortal
On a side note, Russia has been banned from participating in all major international sporting competitions for 4 years.
Unlikely to effect Rugby League I guess.

deluded pom?

Coach
On a side note, Russia has been banned from participating in all major international sporting competitions for 4 years.
Unlikely to effect Rugby League I guess.
Russia are allowed to compete in the 2020 soccer Euros as UEFA isn’t seen as a big enough organisation within WADA so I doubt the IRL will come anywhere near the WADA radar.

Dakink

Bench
Is this perhaps a serious opportunity for the game in Russia. With so many sports under threat or restraint does League really have a chance here to attract athletes, and government sport as it would definately fall outside of the WADA ban.

deluded pom?

Coach
Is this perhaps a serious opportunity for the game in Russia. With so many sports under threat or restraint does League really have a chance here to attract athletes, and government sport as it would definately fall outside of the WADA ban.
The problem there is that the athletes who aren’t using drugs can still compete in WADA covered events as individuals and you may end up attracting the ones that are using drugs.