What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Evaporation
Condensation
Precipitation
I think I missed one

no, you didn't miss one there Pou, you cant create water you merely recycle it from liquid to gas then it condenses back to liquid which is referred to as rain, then the cycle starts again

we are recycling the same water that we were given from day 1

The point is you don't need extra water for extra precipitation. You just need a bit more in the air and a bit less in the sea

some times I wonder if you remember the point you are trying to make because you just contradicted your first statement and backed up mine

also if you have less in the sea, salinity levels will increase and well, ask a marine biologist what catastrophe that will cause, we have a few here

some people argue that they would never drink recycled sewerage water, but they have been drinking it since the day they were born

Gronk

Staff member
I am not alleging nor inferring anything. My statement of fact stands... the 23 former fire chiefs are on the payroll of the Climate Council.
I don't know why, how or what their individual compensation is, nor do i claim to.

Well it's not a fact really is it ? Can you show that 23 former fire chiefs are receiving remuneration from the climate council in return for anything ? How about some evidence instead of gas lighting, then attempting to distance yourself from the premise ? FYI being a member of the Climate Council does not mean you get paid. Otherwise @hindy111 would be lined up.

https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/join/

hindy111

Post Whore
I find Q and A quite a boring show. Almost painfully boring.

People and individuals have the power to change things themselves. Stop buying new clothes , TVs, kitchen appliances, lounges etc for the sake of it.
Only use power when needed. Don't waste. Limit travel, car pool walk when can.
If people start to live this way companies will have to change their attitude or go broke. It's easy to blame the government and take no responsibility for own actions. I tend to see these privileged people sitting in fancy bars /cafes eating their $25 hamburgers on their new phone wearing trendy clothes and complaining about how things should be and wanting to save the planet whilst planning there next holiday/adventure. Off to experience a new culture to become more open minded and understanding.

My guess is in poorer nations they can't even afford the luxury of a few days at the beach.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't the argument about whether or not humans are responsible for climate change, and if so how much?

yes it is, for mine

we are overpopulating the planet, too much sex, so time we all stopped, or some of us anyway

some of its natural, I mean what did the f**king dinosaurs do the bring on the ice age, I never saw any protests from the greenie dinosaurs on any of the Disney movies

then there is carbon emissions which is a whole other argument and the argument/opinion depends on which side of the political agenda you sit, which make it all rather tedious

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
some times I wonder if you remember the point you are trying to make because you just contradicted your first statement and backed up mine
Your point seemed to be that he was claiming more rain meant more water had been created. That would be like trying to counter your next point by (incorrectly) accusing you of claiming increased salinity levels meant there was more salt in the sea (THEN WHERE DID IT COME FROM FFS??!?)
also if you have less in the sea, salinity levels will increase and well, ask a marine biologist what catastrophe that will cause, we have a few here

hindy111

Post Whore
Well it's not a fact really is it ? Can you show that 23 former fire chiefs are receiving remuneration from the climate council in return for anything ? How about some evidence instead of gas lighting, then attempting to distance yourself from the premise ? FYI being a member of the Climate Council does not mean you get paid. Otherwise @hindy111 would be lined up.

https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/join/

Honestly your very passionate about this and I think its great. To have a passion in life give great purpose.
I applaud you.And my guess is you work for or in spare time volunteer your time to helping the cause. I like it.

I know to many people with these passions but do f**k all about them. Just carry on with every day life.

We need more people like you!

Gronk

Staff member
yes it is, for mine

we are overpopulating the planet, too much sex, so time we all stopped, or some of us anyway

some of its natural, I mean what did the f**king dinosaurs do the bring on the ice age, I never saw any protests from the greenie dinosaurs on any of the Disney movies

then there is carbon emissions which is a whole other argument and the argument/opinion depends on which side of the political agenda you sit, which make it all rather tedious

Space rocks caused the Ice Age.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/asteroid-breakup-may-have-triggered-an-ice-age

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Your point seemed to be that he was claiming more rain meant more water had been created. That would be like trying to counter your next point by (incorrectly) accusing you of claiming increased salinity levels meant there was more salt in the sea (THEN WHERE DID IT COME FROM FFS??!?)

simple, all salt comes from the sea, salt lakes in fact

your other point on salinity doesn't make any sense

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
some people argue that they would never drink recycled sewerage water, but they have been drinking it since the day they were born
I told my family exactly that the other day. Every drop of water in the world has touched a bit of poo at some point in it's long rich history.

Gronk

Staff member
oooh, now it makes sense, these space rocks were covered in ice and the extra salinity level caused the gravity to turn them into rain but because they fell from such a height, they crystallized into ice before they hit the ground

now it all makes sense

I thought it was dirt n shit that clogged the atmosphere for decades, but we can run with your version. Much better than man is only 6,000 years old and walked the earth with the dinosaurs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought it was dirt n shit that clogged the atmosphere for decades, but we can run with your version. Much better than man is only 6,000 years old and walked the earth with the dinosaurs.
Modern man is only six thousand years old. Before that we achieved nothing of significance. We were mere animals until something gave us a higher conscience.

strider

Post Whore
I think the position of the politicians changes depending on their level of government conservatism.
  • It's a hoax
  • OK it's real but there has always been changing weather patterns.
  • Look it might be anthropogenic, but China and India
  • We are doing our bit to reduce emissions ;) but not at the cost of the economy (power generation and coal exports).
  • F**k we've left it a bit late. Does the government scientist still have a job ? What's his number ? What is our energy policy again ? Oh we don't have one ? :eek: Where is that NEG file ?
You left out ...

I'm in opposition, so i'm gonna bitch and moan no matter what the guys in goverment are doing