What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile our Minister for the Climate is in Madrid.

So like the RFS who put fires out for free (ScoMo won't put his hand in his pocket for any lost pay or more equipment), this Government is confident that whilst they do nothing, Industry will reduce emissions and it will be fine.

It reminds me of the old merkin who used to live next door. He'd leave the grass at the front of his house to grow knee high bc he knew that I'd get the shits and mow it for him.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well the closest stars to our galaxy are twins called Alpha Centauri A and Alpha Centauri B, which are about 4.3 light-years from Earth. Doesn't seem likely that those two merkins have much to do with our weather.

Also, a warm part of space ?

You'd have to ask John and Maureen Robinson about that.
They've been there.

hindy111

Post Whore

84 Baby

Referee
Neither did I. He was indeed a merkin.

It's always astounded me that Brigitta Von Trapp walked across the Swiss Alps to freedom during WW II, and then flew off in a space saucer to some far flung distant star in the 1960's.

What a life she lived!!

View attachment 34605

View attachment 34604
I was more amazed (see what I did there... or you will) by her brother, from the other Aust country, was bitten by a radioactive spider
images

upload_2019-12-11_19-28-10.jpeg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So like the RFS who put fires out for free (ScoMo won't put his hand in his pocket for any lost pay or more equipment)

I was reading an article a week or so back on how we have some very highly trained fire fighters in our army and navy, something like over 300 of them, and they have not been requested to lift a finger and no one knows why

Gronk

Staff member
I was reading an article a week or so back on how we have some very highly trained fire fighters in our army and navy, something like over 300 of them, and they have not been requested to lift a finger and no one knows why
They asked ScoMo would he consider a version of the National Guard or use the military and said no because the volunteers “like doing it”.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Way to go mate. Attack the authors rather than the substance of the report.

#groundhogday
To be fair, I attacked the substance as well. I work with big data mate. I well know the extreme subjectivity involved in trying to fit unstructured data such as 'climate policy' to a f**king bar graph. Who decided it was worth 20 percent? Did they decide any climate policy was better than no policy, and how did they make the call? How could they possibly determine the effectiveness of climate policy over the span of a human lifetime? How could they measure the effectiveness of any national policy given the effects are global? I smell bullshit, and there's long odds this lot comes from a cow.

I appreciate the talking heads of the world are trying to save it. The happy coincidence is that they benefit personally. But the execution just reeks of bullshit at this point.

Gronk

Staff member
More atheists missing the point. Just like them, Folau is guided by his conscience. The difference is where they might pick and choose from science to justify their stances, he picks and chooses from the Bible.
It’s satire. They are taking the piss.