What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's all going to boil down to LM meeting with Madge. I like Lee and Pascoe playing good cop, but Madge will really have to play bad cop and set LMs expectations of what he is gonna get from Madge. Just ask him simple questions like "what are you gonna bring to this Tigers squad?" If LM ums and ers then he obviously thinks we are the ones who need to be buttering him up and he's not committed. On the other hand if LM can genuinely show he is committed and that he can bring something special to our squad then f**k it, it's worth rolling the dice

Imagine how our squad would have gone last year but instead of Matulino and Fonua we had Latrell Mitchell

If we land him, so be it and I’m not going to belt on about these issues or death ride him.

But I will quietly hope Corey plays well enough to keep fb ( he says he will fight for it) and I’d have lm in the backline where he usually kills it.

All will be forgiven and it’s back to business.

WA Tiger

Bench
I admire and respect your compassion and I see it in other folk here. The ones that warn me off about being too overly critical of him. Fair enough.

But he really doesn’t understand this game and his groupies don’t understand it either.

He was extorting money from the roosters and they dragged him out the back.

Now as a human being, Latrell is no better or worse than anybody else in the world.

If I told my boss I was going to test the market but wanted to stay in case no one wants or could afford me, despite being good mates, his only option would be to take me out the back and use my corpse as an example for anybody else in the company who wants to bend him over. Especially so publically.

But unlike Latrells expert advisors, I fully expect this.

There is no message from the Roosters that they are weak muppets. They expect the best and they often get the best. We should be learning from them.
I like the crying ..He may in one moment talking with Politis have realised what is required to be a grown up..but longer term I still didn’t like the pompous ness of the chooks initial reaction and I’m hoping they regret it with Mitchell on our team

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Lm sent twitter messages about wanting to be with the roosters and their response was to nail him to cross (as I predicted).

If he wanted to be here, he would have already signed.

He doesn’t want a bar of us folks.

Agree totally. It's quite embarrassing for the WT to be still chasing Mitchell at this stage.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/08d1fb3f98ec9b6ea92bc46255a553a8

There's 4 spots left on the 30 man roster by my rough estimate. A dummy half is desperately required and I find it bizarre that Billy Brittain doesn't have a contract as yet. He is a no brainer signing IMO

Mawene Hiroti has a big future in the game and is also unsigned. He could fill a big hole on the left wing in my opinion and is also an accomlished goal kicker.

I really think that there must be a stockpile of players about to move clubs and guys like Josh Reynolds and Chris McQueen might still be on the move.

It would be a huge win for the club if we could shift McQueen to SL for someone like Rhyse Martin. Martin is still very young and was hugely impressive on the edge in 2018 for Canterbury (he's also a goal kicker). We might even look to pay a transfer fee to Leeds (these are salary cap exclusive I think) as a further enticement to get the deal done. It's highly unlikely McQueen is going to get another contract in the NRL so why he's not jumped to the UK yet I am unsure?

Das Hassler

Bench
Agree totally. It's quite embarrassing for the WT to be still chasing Mitchell at this stage.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/08d1fb3f98ec9b6ea92bc46255a553a8

There's 4 spots left on the 30 man roster by my rough estimate. A dummy half is desperately required and I find it bizarre that Billy Brittain doesn't have a contract as yet. He is a no brainer signing IMO

Mawene Hiroti has a big future in the game and is also unsigned. He could fill a big hole on the left wing in my opinion and is also an accomlished goal kicker.

I really think that there must be a stockpile of players about to move clubs and guys like Josh Reynolds and Chris McQueen might still be on the move.

It would be a huge win for the club if we could shift McQueen to SL for someone like Rhyse Martin. Martin is still very young and was hugely impressive on the edge in 2018 for Canterbury (he's also a goal kicker). We might even look to pay a transfer fee to Leeds (these are salary cap exclusive I think) as a further enticement to get the deal done. It's highly unlikely McQueen is going to get another contract in the NRL so why he's not jumped to the UK yet I am unsure?

I think you've gotta look past that...if Mitchell came over...and was happy to come, all of this stuff would be forgotten by fulltime round 1. As for Martin...he's ok but not good enough to hold down a starting spot for his goalkicking if we intend to play in the same sandpit as the top sides longterm. He reminds me a bit of John Elias

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I think you've gotta look past that...if Mitchell came over...and was happy to come, all of this stuff would be forgotten by fulltime round 1. As for Martin...he's ok but not good enough to hold down a starting spot for his goalkicking if we intend to play in the same sandpit as the top sides longterm. He reminds me a bit of John Elias

Re Martin Im primarily comparing him to what we have on the edge as it stands. Lawrence/Leilua on one side and Garner on the other. ET plays in the middle or not at all. Eisenhuth and Aloiai are middles and Cheekam is a bench utility more than anything.

simmo05

Bench

Friend?

Vic Mackey

Referee

At the End of Season awards McQueen told a mate of mine he was close to going to another team, unsure if it was ESL or still here. Obviously hasn’t eventuated though.

gordsy

Juniors
So we are the only club that is publicly going for him unless he wants to stay at the chooks next year. Rather than be quiet and keep our cards close to our chest what do we do, we come out and make ourselves look desperate and weak by saying we'll talk to him if interested and thinking that saying that Uncle Nic being supportive of the move holds any water. Who is running this shit show.
Blind Freddy knows that his manager would have called us anyway so why rush with this stupid article.
We really are the amateur hour club.

Das Hassler

Bench
So we are the only club that is publicly going for him unless he wants to stay at the chooks next year. Rather than be quiet and keep our cards close to our chest what do we do, we come out and make ourselves look desperate and weak by saying we'll talk to him if interested and thinking that saying that Uncle Nic being supportive of the move holds any water. Who is running this shit show.
Blind Freddy knows that his manager would have called us anyway so why rush with this stupid article.
We really are the amateur hour club.

Thought the same.....trying to publicly manouvre any influencial person into a corner rarely works out as hoped...groanworthy

A right decision...this time

it’s big news here in the east. Like Almost everybody in qld and nsw wants the option, even if they don’t take it.

Western Australia was the last state to join the union. There’s even a spot in the constitution for New Zealand if they wise up. We can can call her NSW east islands and steal their tax income as we honour you with. Worth at least 3 nrl sides.

Unlike you guys nz told us to bugger off. Perhaps wa could have joined Indonesia (closer!)

Now there’s a thread about footy here somewhere(!)

Shout out to volcano families. I think all of us would have taken that tour to check the nature out. Very sad.

Fordy20

Juniors

I just assumed after Souths announced that Hiroti and Brittain were released that we'd signed them both and that we hadn't announced it because we're waiting to see what's happening with Latrell.

Tiger05

First Grade
What an awesome official announcement. Honestly the guy is the worst signing of all time for us but this doesn't sit well with me. I hope it's not that bad and the club sticks by him. If it is real bad then it's a win for us getting him off our books but I still don't like it.

Tcoggs

Juniors
Ive always thought hes a bit of a wierdo and a loose cannon...
I dont think it would take much to set him off...
Im actually surprised he has a woman at all....lol
Great if hes guilty,we get rid of him and have more cash spare ....2 years and 1.5million.
The stars are aligning for Wests Tigers.......FINALLY.

Latest posts