What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is here deal with it, who kicks the first 20/40?

T-Boon

Coach
Players might attemp them close to half time. In strong wind. They should be a lot easier to kick than the 40/20. I predict 2 per game.

Lambretta

First Grade
You all know its going to be Brad Parker.

He will drop the ball inside his own 20, it will hit his foot, sail over everyone's heads and go out over the 40 yard line

Klemmer will do the second one
Kicking the ball because it looked at him funny

Knight76

Juniors
Someone will fluke one at some point probably.

But how many attempts are going to go out on the full compared to that one success?

Danish

Referee
I tend to agree.

I can't think of a situation where teams would even try to attempt it.

the only possible time will be when it’s completely useless. Like last few minutes of a game when someone is getting lapped. Any other time it’s just way too easy to defend.

the most likely outcome of this is teams just have the open side winger drop back while the fullback covers the short side. At best this means a team MIGHT be able to gain some extra yards by spreading it, but given they’ll be exiting their red zone teams can quite easily just rush up to shut that down.

I think the sheer number of teams who successfully managed to not concede tries while having a man sin binned this year should show that just artificially trying to remove 1 player from the defensive line is not actually that big a deal

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I can see it now, high fives all round, all fired up.

Drop the ball cold 1st tackle.........lead balloon.

Latest posts