What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
He is more trouble than he's worth.
Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Sorry for the rant but l try to treat everone fairly but l'm sick & tired of hearing whingers talk only about themselves.
Anyone, regardless of colour or creed, who doesn't wish to sing our national Anthem can get stuffed.

We are all one, we should try to act as one.
Those who are selfish enough to call for change to suit their agenda, aren't acting in the manner from where society should be, in 2019.

I'm sick of people chosing to call others, racist ............ when it suits them.
Yet, they portray themselves to care only for themselves, why?

Don't they care about all Austrailans?

We cannot change what happened years ago but we can try to work together as one in todays society.
Changing our country laws and ways to suit a minority is not the way forward.
Working together for the good of ALL, not just the ones crying, racist........ is where we should be heading.

Rant over.
OKB

SBD82

Coach
We cannot change what happened years ago but we can try to work together as one in todays society.
In my experience, that’s what indigenous people want.

Unfortunately to a lot of people the anthem represents an older Australia that was not inclusive of our indigenous brothers and sisters.

If you truly believe what you’ve written above, can you not see how making changes that bring us together would be of benefit?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
In my experience, that’s what indigenous people want.

Unfortunately to a lot of people the anthem represents an older Australia that was not inclusive of our indigenous brothers and sisters.

If you truly believe what you’ve written above, can you not see how making changes that bring us together would be of benefit?

Yes, l do believe what l’ve written but l do appreciate others may have differing opinions, which is fine by me.

It’s all about working together, not just for one cause. In the meantime our national anthem, which has served all for many years, should not be disrespected and cast aside to cater for those self serving but should maybe be tweaked to better reflect / include, all of us, who have a genuine love for this great country.

Anyway, just my two bobs worth.

Sorry to wander off topic.

SBD82

Coach
Yes, l do believe what l’ve written but l do appreciate others may have differing opinions, which is fine by me.

It’s all about working together, not just for one cause. In the meantime our national anthem, which has served all for many years, should not be disrespected and cast aside to cater for those self serving but should maybe be tweaked to better reflect / include, all of us, who have a genuine love for this great country.

How do you reconcile the notion that you want to work together as a unified Australia, when you’re not willing to make concessions in order to be inclusive?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

The anthem is 35 years old.

Hardly “ingrained” into our society.

Personally I like the NZ anthem which has both English and Maori verses.

We do have the issue of different indigenous languages here, but surely a solution similar to the NZ one can be found which caters to a unified culture?

Saint Scott

Juniors
4 generations ago one side of the family was from Scotland and I am a saints supporter hence saint Scott did think about using scot but I thought everyone would think I was a big whiskey drinker

Reactions: jak

Crush

Coach
The anthem is 35 years old.

Hardly “ingrained” into our society.

Personally I like the NZ anthem which has both English and Maori verses.

We do have the issue of different indigenous languages here, but surely a solution similar to the NZ one can be found which caters to a unified culture?
All the kids learn the whole anthem in Aboriginal now at primary school in the shire, my 3 kids sing it all the time, its marvelous. I agree, sing first half in Aboriginal then the second half in English, it sounds fantastic, like the kiwi one.

SBD82

Coach
All the kids learn the whole anthem in Aboriginal now at primary school in the shire, my 3 kids sing it all the time, its marvelous. I agree, sing first half in Aboriginal then the second half in English, it sounds fantastic, like the kiwi one.
That’s awesome. Any idea what language they’re singing in Crush?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
4 generations ago one side of the family was from Scotland and I am a saints supporter hence saint Scott did think about using scot but I thought everyone would think I was a big whiskey drinker
Overseas Dragon here born in Edinburgh came to Sydney when I was a Lad of 12 up your kilt

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sorry to interrupt here and I'm sure Crush would know the answer.
It is sung in Dharawal, or Tharawal.
They are the original people of the area and that is their language.
Here's a link mate.

http://dharug.dalang.com.au/plugin_wiki/page/advance_australia_fair_in_dharawal
Cheers mate..

I guess picking the one dialect for a national anthem that would best refelct upon the different tribes would be the difficult part..

I must admit I’m not across Maori culture - anyone able to shed light on if they have one national language or if they also have multiple dialects?

And if it is the latter, how did they decide on the one to use?