What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SBD82

Coach
Cheers mate..

I guess picking the one dialect for a national anthem that would best refelct upon the different tribes would be the difficult part..

I must admit I’m not across Maori culture - anyone able to shed light on if they have one national language or if they also have multiple dialects?

And if it is the latter, how did they decide on the one to use?
There’s a national common Maori language and a formal language. Neither are widely spoken but the anthem is in the formal language.

Paddles

Juniors
Cheers mate..

I guess picking the one dialect for a national anthem that would best refelct upon the different tribes would be the difficult part..

I must admit I’m not across Maori culture - anyone able to shed light on if they have one national language or if they also have multiple dialects?

And if it is the latter, how did they decide on the one to use?

There's just one Maori language in NZ - Te reo - compared with hundreds of first nations languages in Australia. Te reo was made an official national language in the 1980s, and has had more institutional support than languages in Australia. Last year NSW passed an Aboriginal Languages Act, but I think this was the first of its kind here.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Pretty sure Nene is back...

Mmm, not sure about him, his off-field antics are/were a major distraction for the team.
Maybe a performance/match payment only contract with strict conditions regarding extra-curricular activities may prove his willingness to focus on football.
However, the thought of Saab on one wing and a focused Nene on the other, does sound appealing.

Dragon70

Juniors
On a minimum contract with incentives and strict behavioural conditions Nene adds to our team even if it's just a 1 year deal until others are ready.
Now add a decent centre or 2 and were heading in the right direction.

Crush

Coach
He's 25.

Has been to Chooks - Titans - Dragons - Cowboys and now back to Dragons ? In such a short period of time.

We have enough issues at the Club. Not needed.
Its like they just want to assemble a good bunch of mates to hang out with.
Issac Luke - Cam Mcinnis wanted him at the club, great mates from Souths days.
Trent Merrin - Great mates with the boyz, loves dancing and being a joker
Nene Macdonald - Coming home to hang with Normy, Aitken and JDB.
#jobsformates

TruSaint

Referee
Its like they just want to assemble a good bunch of mates to hang out with.
Issac Luke - Cam Mcinnis wanted him at the club, great mates from Souths days.
Trent Merrin - Great mates with the boyz, loves dancing and being a joker
Nene Macdonald - Coming home to hang with Normy, Aitken and JDB.
#jobsformates

Its a f**king joke mate.

I really don't care if he is better "talent wise" than what we have.

2020 will be hard enough without having a guy who has burnt bridges, changed 4 clubs in FIVE years, and is now seeking another crack with us.

If he is signed, wont be long before people start complaining that his automatic inclusion in an already weak squad, will be at the cost of potential first graders.

Reeks of desperation. Hope the rumour is wrong.

George Dragon

Juniors
Its a f**king joke mate.

I really don't care if he is better "talent wise" than what we have.

2020 will be hard enough without having a guy who has burnt bridges, changed 4 clubs in FIVE years, and is now seeking another crack with us.

If he is signed, wont be long before people start complaining that his automatic inclusion in an already weak squad, will be at the cost of potential first graders.

Reeks of desperation. Hope the rumour is wrong.
Lets look at the many talents of Nene
Was the other player that Graham ripped into when he gave Dufty a serve.
Had previously been spoken to by a senior player after joking around after a big loss.
The week he busted his knee was out parting in town on crutches on a Thursday night.
The whole time he was with Dragons he had a warrant for his arrest in Qld
The last 12 months
Was bottled over the head in a club, (Not his fault but you have to wonder what went on, clearly trouble follows him)
Was dropped from a pre season game for failing to turn up to training.
Was arrested and faced court over outstanding warrant.
Involved in a car crash while disqualified and left the scene of the accident.
Had his contract torn up by the Cowboys
Went on holidays and failed to appear in court, second warrant issue.
Fronts court for the second time in Nov.
Sign him up.....

Crush

Coach
Had previously been spoken to by a senior player after joking around after a big loss.
The week he busted his knee was out parting in town on crutches on a Thursday night.
The last 12 months
Was bottled over the head in a club, (Not his fault but you have to wonder what went on, clearly trouble follows him)
Sign him up.....
Don't be such a downer George, we are getting the band back together.....

TruSaint

Referee
The last 12 months
Sign him up.....

Nailed it George.

blacksafake

First Grade
The last 12 months
Sign him up.....
:100::thumbsup:

Bench
I would take him back but he carries a lot of baggage. Thanks butt no thanks. We don’t need a loose cannon at the club

getsmarty

Immortal
Macdonald's future clouded after mutual Cowboys release
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Fri 5 Jul 2019, 12:12 PM
walshdan-head.png

Cowboys winger Nene Macdonald will consider whether he still wants to pursue a professional rugby league career after being released by North Queensland seven months into a three-year deal.

Macdonald and the club officially parted ways on Friday morning following a traffic incident last month that remains under investigation.

"The release is by mutual agreement, with the club, Nene and his management deciding Nene needs some time away from the game," the Cowboys said in a brief statement.

The PNG international was a high-profile signing for the Cowboys after a strong 2018 campaign for St George Illawarra, but only managed five games for the club before a horrific season-ending ankle injury.The Cowboys will continue to offer welfare and rehab support for Macdonald as he weighs up his future in the game.

NRL.com understands that Macdonald's struggles have been magnified by his stomach-churning injury suffered against Melbourne, though concerns over his commitment to the professional side of the game were already present.

Macdonald was dropped from a pre-season game after arriving late to a midweek training session, but retained for the Cowboys season opener against his former Dragons teammates.

His release from North Queensland comes less than a month after Macdonald was involved in a traffic incident on Magnetic Island.

A hire car leased in Macdonald's name was found abandoned and damaged on June 20.

Macdonald's release makes him the second Cowboys recruit to exit the club this year, after star signing Ben Barba was sacked and deregistered by the NRL over his well-publicised Australia Day incident.

Since debuting for the Roosters in 2011, Macdonald has 96 NRL games and nine Tests for Papua New Guinea to his name across stints at Bondi, the Gold Coast, St George Illawarra and North Queensland.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/05/nene-macdonald-released-from-cowboys-contract/

P.S thanks possm

BLM01

First Grade
All the time this Nene was at our club I wanted him gone. I never rated him...never will for 1st grade.
I am positive he will not re-sign with our club as they would have to be crazy with his recent goings on as explained by GeorgeDragon
And what is the the NRL going to do about sanctioning a contract with this record when others have been told to go away for a while.
Then again Mary would think he knows our systems and knows Dragons footy. Tells Basil to sign him up.
This time Basil will and should tell Mary to fook offski.
And I am serious when I say this... I would have Aitken, Lafai, Rav or Periera in my side over Nene if one was forced upon me