What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
If anybody wants a value for money place to stay at down the south coast then Greenwell Point Bowling Club has a house for rent at $175.00 a night in the off season (1st Feb to 30th Nov) for 5 people or less and $250.00 a night for 10 people or less. High season becomes (1st Dec to 31st Jan) becomes $275.00 and $400.00 respectively. Cheaper rates again for weekly bookings. We stayed there with friends last month and when you split the cost of a fully furnished two story house with friends it becomes quite cheap. 10 seat dining table, lounge room with TV, free gas BBQ, fish cleaning facilities, all linen supplied and it's right next door to the bowling club ( no noise). The Bowlo has a really good Chinese restaurant inside as well. I thought I'd pass it on to fellow eels supporters looking for something different near the water without getting reamed.
https://www.greenwellpointbowlingclub1.com.au/accommodation

Back in the day the baby boomers would buy holiday homes down sth. My dad picked up a place on the water. Let it sit for 20yrs then decided to build on it in the 90s. Amazing how many places down there just sit with nobody in there bar 4 or 5 weeks a year.

Gronk

Staff member
You should go to Sussex Rsl and get a battered piece of flake and chips. Grab a beer and get change out of a $20.
Rick Stein would be quite at home doing that. I have not met him, but he seems like a nice guy.

Eelogical

Referee
I found his shellfish platter outstanding but really didn't rate the fish I had....a bit dry. Not a huge fish fan though.
Like anything, fish can be excellent when done correctly. Just because RS has his moniker on a place doesn't mean it will be great. I love fish when it's done right, but that's nowhere near 85% of the time.

Gronk

Staff member
Like anything, fish can be excellent when done correctly. Just because RS has his moniker on a place doesn't mean it will be great. I love fish when it's done right, but that's nowhere near 85% of the time.

It's a timing thing with fish. It can literally be overcooked give or take 1 min.

Suitman

Post Whore
The takeaway there does a great fish burger. Or it used to anyway, I guess it's been about 18 months since I last went

EDIT Malua Bay I mean.

I'll check it out and report back.
It's been 5 years since I've been to Malua Bay. Thought I'd take the kids back for some memories.

Latest posts