What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Crashtest

Juniors
The DT have named their Panthers team of the decade. A few interesting admissions, like Nathan and Petero.

Something mentioned in the article that I wasn't aware of, is that McKendry holds the record for the most games played for the Panthers over the last decade, which is 147.

Their team is:

1 MATT MOYLAN
similars

2 JOSH MANSOUR
3 MICHAEL JENNINGS
4 DEAN WHARE
5 DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 JAMIE SOWARD
8 TIM GRANT
9 PETER WALLACE
10 REAGAN CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11 LUKE LEWIS
12 ISAAH YEO
13 JAMES FISHER-HARRIS
14 TYRONE PEACHEY
15 SAM McKENDRY
16 NIGEL PLUM
17 KEVIN KINGSTON

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/1fce270c878cf0c932c6dd9ded00919f

Whino

Bench
Dave Simmons a little unlucky.
He scored more tries than DZW in his 6 years here. 49 to 41. Less hot head brain explosions too.

I would have Michael Gordon there if the criteria wasn't team of the decade. His 2010 season was phenomenal. 11/12 injuries held him back though.

age.s

First Grade
Flash for Dallin would be my only change. If Lewis made it Flash should have too.

EDIT: Actually, Nathan at 7 and Soward at 6 too.

OldPanther

Coach
The DT have named their Panthers team of the decade. A few interesting admissions, like Nathan and Petero.

Something mentioned in the article that I wasn't aware of, is that McKendry holds the record for the most games played for the Panthers over the last decade, which is 147.

Their team is:

1 MATT MOYLAN
similars

2 JOSH MANSOUR
3 MICHAEL JENNINGS
4 DEAN WHARE
5 DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 JAMIE SOWARD
8 TIM GRANT
9 PETER WALLACE
10 REAGAN CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11 LUKE LEWIS
12 ISAAH YEO
13 JAMES FISHER-HARRIS
14 TYRONE PEACHEY
15 SAM McKENDRY
16 NIGEL PLUM
17 KEVIN KINGSTON

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/1fce270c878cf0c932c6dd9ded00919f

Our best team is a little sad compared to what you'd see elsewhere.

2000 - 2009 would have been a better era.
Wesser, Girds, Campbell, Gower, Priddis, T Puletua, etc.

I don’t think anyone would argue if the 2003 GF team was announced as the team of 2000-2009. Hard to think of anyone outside of that team that could’ve made their way in

betcats

Referee
I don’t think anyone would argue if the 2003 GF team was announced as the team of 2000-2009. Hard to think of anyone outside of that team that could’ve made their way in

I think we could’ve got flash in there over Whatuira. Flash was more deserving if it was a true team of the decade, I get the gf thing tho.

Edit: Also a young frank Pritchard is hard to leave out of any side.

Last edited:
I think we could’ve got flash in there over Whatuira. Flash was more deserving if it was a true team of the decade, I get the gf thing tho.

Edit: Also a young frank Pritchard is hard to leave out of any side.

Yeah good point about Flash. He came in at around ‘05/‘06 and hardly put a foot wrong.

And I totally forgot about Pritchard. Maybe he takes Swain’s place

TheFrog

Coach
1 Moylan
2 Simmons
3 Whare
4 Blake
5 Mansour
6 Soward
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 Plum
11 Yeo
12 Fisher-Harris
13 Lewis

14 Peachey
15 Campbell-Gillard
16 Kikau
17 McKendry

Unlucky
Gordon
Segeyaro
Maloney
M Jennings
DWZ
Graham (left the club after 2010 season)
Grant

I only picked Soward over Maloney because Maloney and Cleary never gelled well.

TheFrog

Coach
He played 147 games, but only 144 of them were from 2010 on.