What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott McRae - Not Wanted For 2020

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone is getting cynical watching Roosters and Storm win everything.

I don’t care so much them winning as I do the standard of footy drop. You get these runs even comps with drafts get these runs

I am hoping it is just due to the high number of elite players retiring. Either way the year on year tries per game decline makes the game more ordinary

tripster

Juniors
I signed the Petition. I think he does a very good job. He is a 'part of the furniture' at Penrith.

Who else remembers how awful Vossy was as a fill in after Gus got rid of Scotty the 1st time back in 2013?

I would personally give Scotty another 5 odd years before he really gets 'old and tired' and we need to freshen things up.

Totally agree. Love the guy. Best ground announcer in the NRL (and have seen a few at different games). He also appeals to the whole crowd. Can’t understand why we would sack him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Totally agree. Love the guy. Best ground announcer in the NRL (and have seen a few at different games). He also appeals to the whole crowd. Can’t understand why we would sack him.

renew the contract and sack are different things... there would be a plan whether it is better guess we see. I doubt many people care who is ground announcing

Abacus

Juniors
Scotty is a seriously funny guy. I had the opportunity a long time ago to spend a few games up in the announcers box - his best material was the stuff he couldn't say on the mic. Also a legitimate Panthers man - could blow up with the best of them!

snickers007

Juniors
Looking at the bigger picture (eg winning a premiership) this seems very, very minor.

However, there are certain aspects of our game day experience that I think are absolutely iconic (the gong, hell's bells etc). And Scotty played his part too. I'm not sure what my ideal game day experience is, but I've been to enough away games to know that we are head and shoulders above a lot of teams.

Even my missus (who is a Rabbits fan) enjoys the way Penrith do things. Her words when I told her about Scotty: "Hopefully the Rabbits get on the phone to him. He's a mile better than that dickhead we've got at the moment"

Hopefully whatever we have planned improves things.

And I'm off to sign the petition too

darkbloom

Juniors
Looking at the bigger picture (eg winning a premiership) this seems very, very minor.

However, there are certain aspects of our game day experience that I think are absolutely iconic (the gong, hell's bells etc). And Scotty played his part too. I'm not sure what my ideal game day experience is, but I've been to enough away games to know that we are head and shoulders above a lot of teams.

Even my missus (who is a Rabbits fan) enjoys the way Penrith do things. Her words when I told her about Scotty: "Hopefully the Rabbits get on the phone to him. He's a mile better than that dickhead we've got at the moment"

Hopefully whatever we have planned improves things.

And I'm off to sign the petition too

Yes - the change in direction is required for many aspects of the Panthers organisation, this is probably the least important of them.

Fangs

Coach
With the ground being blown up in the near future I think we should wheel this bloke back out. The voice of Penrith Park.

And if we are having a serious send off bring back the panther car, the opera singer, paws, claws and that male cheerleader. We also had that Warriors style bongo band taking up good real estate in the stands. And get in touch with that horn guy.

Do a deal with Krispy Kremes and draw a random seated row in the Western stand who are given free doughnuts. We will also need at least two lost children to wait by the jumping castle for their parents.

murraymob

Coach
Yes how could I forget that.

And the other one from the family hill for the referee decisions. I don't think it even worked properly, one of the lights was broken.
Was filthy when I found out the score board went to the tip.they could have sold pieces off to supporters