What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

Meth

Staff member
I do actually agree with Gilchrist there though- with these two in, they could be batting a little more positively.

typicalfan

Coach
I think it's more about timing, still plenty of time until night kicks in Aussies will probably try and knock over 2-3 tonight.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think it's more about timing, still plenty of time until night kicks in Aussies will probably try and knock over 2-3 tonight.

Yep, 100%. No use going hard and getting rolled. Bat time, accumulate, head towards 400. Then you can push hard later and either declare or get out hitting out.

Gotta remember Starc is not a stayer, and Lyon and Haze are genuine tail enders. So these two will try and take it as deep as they can in terms of the time they want to bat for.

TheFrog

Coach
I do actually agree with Gilchrist there though- with these two in, they could be batting a little more positively.
I'd suggest they are keeping NZ in the field as long as possible, but you'd think they'd be chasing runs by now.

mave

Coach
Didnt Renshaw get bagged mercilessly for strike rates that were actually better than this ?

Meth

Staff member
I'd suggest they are keeping NZ in the field as long as possible, but you'd think they'd be chasing runs by now.

Yeah. I mean, they're not short on runs but they're not flush either. Head left 50-75 runs shy

Hutty1986

Immortal
Truly terrible from Cummins. Pretty poor when they're clearly trying to bat until the lights come into play