What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

lingard

Coach
I liked this post because I thought it was funny.
I don't agree with your final statement though. Johns had a superior kicking game and defence. They were probably on par for footy smarts.
Also, whilst Johns played with some incredible players over the years he never had a team like the ones Langer used to play in. Pretty much the whole QLD side and half the Australian side were in those Broncos teams. You'd think that would help Langer look better. Towards the end of his career Johns would drag his team of no-hopers towards victory on his kicking game alone.

Yeah. You might have a point there. I still think Langer was actually underrated, though.

Gronk

Staff member
Lamb’s local regional newspaper

An Australian Schoolboy, Lamb played 32 first grade games with the Knights after making his debut in 2016.

He moved to the Roosters in 2019, but managed only one first grade game behind halves pairing Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary.

"I'm very excited to be here and hopefully we do some good things here," Lamb said of the move Eels after an invitation from head coach Brad Arthur.

"BA said I could come down for two years so I pretty much jumped at it."

Lamb said it was good to get back into training and get "the motor ticking over again and some fatigue in the legs, it was good".

"I was picked up the Roosters last season and for the last five or six games I played in London. I've been around a bit in the last year," he said.

Lamb said there were some differences in playing between Britain and Australia.

"Over there, defence is probably not as structured but they focus on attack a lot. You can find yourself anywhere in defence.

"It's a lot faster obviously because of the focus on attack, so hopefully I can bring that back.

"I like to see myself as a pass first option, but when I went to the UK I found myself running all the time," he said.

"I don't know, I'm still learning a guess, still figuring out what I like to do.

"When I was here in Australia, I'd pass first, kick first, but I found myself running so we'll have to see."

https://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/6540442/brock-lamb-excited-to-sign-with-parramatta/

emjaycee

Coach
Ewe reckon getting a dev contract for year 1 means he fleeced HoF or did we have to ram it down his throat.

Latest posts