What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

We still haven’t signed Friend yet. Are the club still hopeful of keeping him? If Trell does leave I reckon we’ll sign Friend on a massive deal. Given that he’s injury prone, we’ll then medically retire him after one year.

Would like to take the time to congratulate Souffs who have led the way on this latest rort

Injury prone? After 1 season eh? Only season that Friend has played less than 19 first grade games in a season was in 2008, which was his debut season. Even in 2010 when he got sacked, he still played 19 first grade games (Source: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jake-friend/summary.html).

You and Valheru want to consign him to oblivion cause of 1 bad season, and promote Verrills who has played all of 14 games. You are following the James Maloney/Jackson Hastings pattern again. We are going to have a new halfback next season, no need to add a new hooker also.

Last edited:
Injury prone? After 1 season eh? Only season that Friend has played less than 19 first grade games in a season was in 2008, which was his debit season. Even in 2010 when he got sacked, he still played 19 first grade games (Source: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jake-friend/summary.html).

You and Valheru want to consign him to oblivion cause of 1 bad season, and promote Verrills who has played all of 14 games. You are following the James Maloney/Jackson Hastings pattern again. We are going to have a new halfback next season, no need to add a new hooker also.

Don’t take that post too seriously, mate but he’s not getting any younger. I think it’s telling that Manu, Jared and SST were quickly resigned while Friendy’s future is still undecided. I think he’s and either - or prospect with Trell. I don’t think the Hastings comparison is fair as Sam and Jake will have had two seasons together by the end of his contract.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souffs has been the plan the whole time.

I think his plan the whole time was to whore himself around, then take the offers to the roosters and expect them to match it. Unfortunately for him he has played this terribly and will likely end up well paid at an unattractive proposition or paid less then his original offer at a club he said would never go too

YoHadrian

Juniors
I think his plan the whole time was to whore himself around, then take the offers to the roosters and expect them to match it. Unfortunately for him he has played this terribly and will likely end up well paid at an unattractive proposition or paid less then his original offer at a club he said would never go too
Looks like his strategy of flirting with the Notties to try to get the Hottie to appreciate him more fell in a heap. The Notties who thought he was actually interested have soured due to his obvious non interest in the Notties & the Hottie has seen through his strategy now & now wants nothing to do with him.

Perhaps his last play is the Hotties arch enemy ( lol@souffs ) where if he ends up going he will probably talk about his former Hottie so much that the arch enemy will start getting the sh*ts with him.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Injury prone? After 1 season eh? Only season that Friend has played less than 19 first grade games in a season was in 2008, which was his debit season. Even in 2010 when he got sacked, he still played 19 first grade games (Source: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jake-friend/summary.html).

It’s just another example of theEastern Suburbs Rorters constantly looking for ways to abuse the system

Don’t take that post too seriously, mate but he’s not getting any younger. I think it’s telling that Manu, Jared and SST were quickly resigned while Friendy’s future is still undecided. I think he’s and either - or prospect with Trell. I don’t think the Hastings comparison is fair as Sam and Jake will have had two seasons together by the end of his contract.

He's 29 years old turning 30 next year. That is hardly "retirement" class. Especially when you considering Isaac Lui is 28 turning 29, JWH is 30 turning 31 and Mitchell Aubusson is 32! Heaven help Brett Morris then.

betcats

Referee
Going for the victim narrative this early in order to shut down discussion ? That's the spirit, he can use that so that some well intentioned sucker club ( for example the Tigers ) can give him a shed load of undeserved dollarydoos.

Quick Latrell, raise your price !

Haven’t you been keeping up? It’s not Latrells fault he priced himself out of the market, it’s the media! Latrell can do no wrong if it wasn’t for the media making up bullshit Latrell would have a dozen clubs offering a million plus.

betcats

Referee

Didn’t you pull me up for describing his negotiating as mercenary last week? Now he has been whoring himself according to you hahah ok.

Tiger5150

Bench
Didn’t you pull me up for describing his negotiating as mercenary last week? Now he has been whoring himself according to you hahah ok.

Mercenary would mean he would be signing with the highest bidder. By whoring I assuming Vic means that Latrell is teasing certain clubs like a cheap tart with no intention of going there, but returning to the Roosters.

Seems straightforward?

Exsilium

First Grade
Wherever he signs, he’ll cop loads of criticism. If he’s good enough, he’ll get on with it and show why he’s a good player.

If not, we’ll be talking about what a wasted talent he was.

betcats

Referee
Mercenary would mean he would be signing with the highest bidder. By whoring I assuming Vic means that Latrell is teasing certain clubs like a cheap tart with no intention of going there, but returning to the Roosters.

Seems straightforward?

Hahaha what garbage. Vic has gone from defending his right to negotiate the biggest deal for himself to calling him a whore. That is straightforward.

I don’t even care I just think it’s amusing he can change his opinion so quickly. I actually think he has summed up Latrells situation fairly accurately. It’s been obvious for weeks Latrell has been jerking clubs around in order to leverage bigger offers from his real target.

Vic Mackey

Referee

No, I never said he wasn’t a mercenary. I merely said that being a mercenary in professional sport wasn’t a bad thing and that the majority of players in the game would be a mercenary (as you described it anyway)

You made out like he was first guy in the world to chase money and a prick for doing so

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hahaha what garbage. Vic has gone from defending his right to negotiate the biggest deal for himself to calling him a whore. That is straightforward.

I don’t even care I just think it’s amusing he can change his opinion so quickly. I actually think he has summed up Latrells situation fairly accurately. It’s been obvious for weeks Latrell has been jerking clubs around in order to leverage bigger offers from his real target.

f**king wot? I haven’t changed shit.

Since when is whoring around a bad thing?

All glory to Latrell, whore all you want, to me though it seems like his plan was to always stay at the roosters however with a fat new contract. That’s now not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger5150

Bench
Fcking wot? I haven’t changed shit.

All glory to Latrell, whore all you want, to me though it seems like his plan was to always stay at the roosters however with a fat new contract. That’s now not going to happen.

I still reckon its always been Souffs and that is why Roosters spat the dummy.

Time will tell I guess.

betcats

Referee
Fcking wot? I haven’t changed shit.

Hahah yeah right. You thought the tigers had Bradburied into signing Latrell now it comes out he’d rather take less from Souths and all of a sudden Latrell is a whore cause you’re hurt.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hahah yeah right. You thought the tigers had Bradburied into signing Latrell now it comes out he’d rather take less from Souths and all of a sudden Latrell is a whore cause you’re hurt.

You clearly haven’t been reading my posts if that’s what you believe