What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

Meth

Staff member
Yeah disappointed in the batsmen. Tough work, but wish they’d put up more of a fight.

pretty happy with Southee, Wagner and CDG

In any event, despite the rankings, we all knew Australia in Australia is a tough ask for any country and we aren’t India. Especially tough to lose the toss and then a bowler- but that’s cricket.

Hopefully we can learn from that ahead of Boxing Day and have a bit more luck and be a lot more competitive with the bat.

And hopefully we can drop Jeet Raval.

I am ok with Starc motm- he was immense and it was hot and you lost Hazelwood. Obviously Labuschagne’s innings was the key, but Starc was breathing fire.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah disappointed in the batsmen. Tough work, but wish they’d put up more of a fight.

pretty happy with Southee, Wagner and CDG

In any event, despite the rankings, we all knew Australia in Australia is a tough ask for any country and we aren’t India. Especially tough to lose the toss and then a bowler- but that’s cricket.

Hopefully we can learn from that ahead of Boxing Day and have a bit more luck and be a lot more competitive with the bat.

And hopefully we can drop Jeet Raval.

I am ok with Starc motm- he was immense and it was hot and you lost Hazelwood. Obviously Labuschagne’s innings was the key, but Starc was breathing fire.
Yep 100%

But the f**ktard selectors haven't taken a back up bat - just absurd, why the f**k would you name a single squad for two series, and then take the additional player as a wicket keeper... knowing Raval hasn't scored runs against quality opposition since the under 15s... and even worse with the concussion rule!! If Watling is hurt Latham can cover, and while Blundell is good with the bat is he really next in line as keeper, and as batsman? Of does Uncle Gavin just love him??

Meth

Staff member
Yep 100%

But the f**ktard selectors haven't taken a back up bat - just absurd, why the f**k would you name a single squad for two series, and then take the additional player as a wicket keeper... knowing Raval hasn't scored runs against quality opposition since the under 15s... and even worse with the concussion rule!! If Watling is hurt Latham can cover, and while Blundell is good with the bat is he really next in line as keeper, and as batsman? Of does Uncle Gavin just love him??

yeah I don’t understand it

Meth

Staff member
I still haven’t seen Starc’s sledge but I see a few complaining about it.

personally, I love it

JJ

Immortal
I still haven’t seen Starc’s sledge but I see a few complaining about it.

personally, I love it
It's weird, that's the sort of chat that is good

Also, some whining about "bodyline"... lmao

Bazal

Post Whore
Tbh I'm all for more MOTM awards for losing teams.

f**ken Wagner was absolutely massive in a thrashed side. Deserves recognition even if it's not the MOTM

JJ

Immortal

f**ken Wagner was absolutely massive in a thrashed side. Deserves recognition even if it's not the MOTM
He was... but we were belted - the lack of preparation in your conditions, and the toss were factors - but the gap was huge - the lack of a second decent opener and no back-up bat in the squad, and the lack of a test quality spinner don't bode well for the coming tests... really disappointed they didn't bring Brownlie (or someone) and Ajaz Patel - coach has a real fetish for Todd Astle, and selector for Blundell - but neither are serious options for next test

typicalfan

Coach

True but Starc definitely deserved it over him in this match not just for his 9 wickets but his runs too.

Wagner and Southee were both gallant.

Reactions: JJ

Bazal

Post Whore
Nah I agree on a thrashing, it should go to the winning side. But as a general comment I do think the idea that it always goes to the winner is wrong.

edabomb

First Grade
There's one simple step required to really boost pink ball tests up a level IMO. Make them 4 days and 100 overs on a day. Brings the draw back into the game with the pink ball darting around, also means you can consitently schedule them from Thurs to Sun or Fri to Mon.

In 14 pink ball tests there is yet to be a draw.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see the NZ selectors stick solid with a classy player like Raval, he’s just going through a bit of a bad patch.

The Aussie selectors did it with Davey and look how that paid off???

Latest posts