What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm saying Burton for the reason you mention at the end. He's about it as far as ready to go round 1 if needed.

Everyone in the know. Players to coaching staff when asked say Burton and Luai battle for round 1. So I take it as though he is in. Whether he is in for Blore or someone or is player 30 I guess is the question

mxlegend99

Referee
Maybe they see May as our solution at centre?
Ivan mentioned him as a hooker. So I think he's still viewed as bench utility. 12 months ago that was basically what the plan for him seemed to be aswell.

Could probably end up at centre though. Katoa, Luai, Burns etc..all got thrown in at times. Although I think Capewell would be an option before May.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blore has shoulder surgery recently and May if available hasn’t played a game for a year. If Luai gets hurt before round 1 you’d want Burton there I think.

This. Also you get 6 development guys. Staines, Hopgpood will be 2. 3 already named. Much better putting McGrady or Blore in that lot due to not being ready for round 1

Panther Mick

Juniors
Full.
This is the current top 30.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. D Blore
26. S Blore
27. B McGrady
28. Kurt Capewell
29 Zane Tetevano
30. Matt Burton

Development contracts: Daine Laurie, Shannon Harris, Glenn McGrady,

Possible rookies that might get promoted or receive a development contract: Charlie Staines.

Gains: Api Koroisau.Kurt Capewell, Zane Tetevano.

Upgraded to top 30.
Dean Blore, Shawn Blore, Stephen Crichton, Braydon McGrady, Matt Burton (upgraded from development contracts)

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry. Egan.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton, B McGrady.
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, D Blore
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota,Tetevano, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Capewell, Martin, Yeo, Burns, Jed Cartwright, S Blore
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ll remain optimistic because anything can happen but that is a bottom 8 roster with our coaching staff.

You can count on one hand actually a few fingers those teams that are good. No reason we can’t be a bottom half of the 8 team. Maybe higher if the young guys kick on sooner

The Realist

Juniors
The Tyrone May that debut could easily play centre, he was quick and mobile. After his 1 year lay off due to injury though he came back significantly slower, both in lateral movement and straight line speed. He also came back a little overweight.

I guess this coming year we will see if he is all healed up and as quick as he was before, or permanently damaged.