What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overrated second rower

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
John Bateman. Runs sideways too much. Grand final showed why Cordner is the best second rower in the game whilst Bateman will only be remembered as a pom who tries hard
Agreed, Bateman loves a sideways run. Hardly ever gets over the advantage line, I think he’s too small to match it with the back rowers of these days

King hit

Coach
Boyd Cordner and Josh Jackson are in the grand final for this one.
Captains NSW to back to back series wins winning man of the match and wins back to back premierships emulating Alfie. QLD should give up for life if this spud can embarrass you blokes without fail. The Jackson hate is utter rubbish as well.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Personally my "hate" for Jackson and Cordner comes from being picked ahead of Luke Lewis for origin. At no stage were either half the player Luke was right up until the day he retired.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
According to LU:

Boyd Cordner
Angus Crichton
Victor Radley

In reality, I think Tariq Sims consistency over the course of his career leaves a lot to be desired for an Origin rep when you consider how good he can be (i.e. his finals hattrick vs Brisbane last year).

To be fair, he was playing busted most of this year with a groin injury.

T.S Quint

Coach
Josh Jackson used to be a certainty for this title but I don’t think he’s as highly rated as he used to be.

nick87

Coach
Boyd Cordner is and always has been a superb football. No idea why people think he sucks
Josh Jackson has squatters rights on this award. Absolute dross.

I also think @TheDalek079 has told on himself a bit here with the John Bateman nom... clearly that guy did not watch much, if any Raiders football in 2019. His impact for the Raiders was immeasurable. He was correctly crowned the best second rower in the competition this year.

nick87

Coach
More interesting question might be the most under-rated... CHN is one of my favourites, he was getting a ton of wraps a few years ago, and then went on the nose for a bit, but he was outrageously good for the a Dogs team that didnt have much talent this year. Dragged them kicking and screaming to some competency at times

King hit

Coach
The Josh Jackson hate is something I will never understand. The guy always puts in every week consistently cutting down line breaks making a big contribution in defense each week. Isn't afraid to put his hand up with the ball and make a carry off his own line. The Bulldogs would struggle even more if it wasn't for him.

If he is hated just for getting man of the match in a game where he shouldn't that's pretty pathetic. So Lockyer should be hated for getting man of the match in a world cup final where Australia lose by 14.

some11

Referee
Personally my "hate" for Jackson and Cordner comes from being picked ahead of Luke Lewis for origin. At no stage were either half the player Luke was right up until the day he retired.
Blame sterlo, he cannot get over the bloke.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Again, I previously agreed with the Jackson over rated theory, however if watched his back half of 2019 it was absolutely immense. He was pretty much man of the match every week whilst the dogs went on their 8/2 run or whatever it was

Latest posts