What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The storm don’t have a sponsor yet for next year.

Maybe the f**king afl can sponsor the purple merkins.

Get on a plane jac, stuff bellyache and his whinging schoolboy whining. He’s angry all the time. f**k him. You don’t need that.

I’d rather play for Madge on any day of the week, because he’s got dignity and poise.

Even if we can’t sign anyone, I think we will hit the finals next year on general squad improvement grounds.

We are not exactly in reverse. Many squads are far more dodgy than our blokes with utter gimps as coaches.

Saints will be lucky to win 7matches all year under Mary. If jdb goes to gaol, change that to 4

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
The storm don’t have a sponsor yet for next year.

Maybe the f**king afl can sponsor the purple merkins.

Get on a plane jac, stuff bellyache and his whinging schoolboy whining. He’s angry all the time. f**k him. You don’t need that.

I’d rather play for Madge on any day of the week, because he’s got dignity and poise.

Even if we can’t sign anyone, I think we will hit the finals next year on general squad improvement grounds.

We are not exactly in reverse. Many squads are far more dodgy than our blokes with utter gimps as coaches.

Saints will be lucky to win 7matches all year under Mary. If jdb goes to gaol, change that to 4
He will

WA Tiger

Bench
That’s my pick ...I maybe wrong ...I’ve seen a well documented non conviction I think in Sydney recently where the guy was obviously guilty so who knows ...

gordsy

Juniors
A bit of perspective:

197cm teen Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, who is 19yo has played just 113 minutes of NRL, to quit Storm for $2.7m deal for 4 years, with the Warriors.

We were offering LM a 22yo who has played for his country, his state and played in 2 GF's, a deal worth about $4m for 4 yrs. Which now looks like not happening?

It's all a shit load of money, isn't it.

Just because the Warriors are stupid enough to pay that for a kid who hasn't played grade yet doesn't mean our offer to Latrell was / is low or should be increased.

If I had to pick between JAC and Latrell then it's no contest, come back home fox.

Last edited:
That’s my pick ...I maybe wrong ...I’ve seen a well documented non conviction I think in Sydney recently where the guy was obviously guilty so who knows ...

Yeah it happens as no human decision making is flawless.

I’ve only read the allegations about the still innocent jdb. He had a co-defendant who was apparently there and it will be interesting to see if they both claim consensual activities ( if any occurred) and their stories actually match up under fierce and relentless cross examination by our skilled crown prosecutors.

Theres allegations of bruising and force used, sometimes that can happen consensually.

After the event, they go out to a nightclub together and then the victim makes the claims to a friend and then off to hospital.

I don’t know how long the three were together after the event or what the alleged victims thought processes were.

Police to their credit are on scene pretty quickly after the allegation gathering evidence.

If they are found guilty, the court will have to impose a solid lagging for both men. Sex offenders-very nasty and very very unpleasant.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yeah it happens as no human decision making is flawless.

I’ve only read the allegations about the still innocent jdb. He had a co-defendant who was apparently there and it will be interesting to see if they both claim consensual activities ( if any occurred) and their stories actually match up under fierce and relentless cross examination by our skilled crown prosecutors.

Theres allegations of bruising and force used, sometimes that can happen consensually.

After the event, they go out to a nightclub together and then the victim makes the claims to a friend and then off to hospital.

I don’t know how long the three were together after the event or what the alleged victims thought processes were.

Police to their credit are on scene pretty quickly after the allegation gathering evidence.

If they are found guilty, the court will have to impose a solid lagging for both men. Sex offenders-very nasty and very very unpleasant.

Im not sure if this guy is Alien or King Bunniesman, I used to always get them mixed up. Which is the one who left the Tigers in a huff and went to Souffs?

What do the rest of you say?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I thought he was looking for a rooster upgrade. From the story, Alex Johnston is a good player to pick up for a discount.
Johnson would add depth to our backline but is nothing much better than what we already have, he'd just be another middle of the road type signing that we are known for and not the sort of player that will make others want to come here.
As I said, if Latrell and his team are looking at every possible way to get him to Souths even to the point he is willing to take a pay cut then we cant be offering him $1m. If you pay that sort of money you expect Cronk level commitment where he fully buys into the team and does whatever possible to get us a premiership.

Legion

Juniors
I do like your “fight” mate ...I previously didn’t know you had any ...I don’t mind your argument either , it seems reasonable .. the first half anyway ...Although your point “this forum should be about footy” and then
kind of blows your credibility dont you think. ...Two things ..The only time I’ll go at someone is if they come at me and 2 Censorship is dangerous...White / Brown Australia has a habit of trying to delete the history of the mass slaughter of and the practice of ignoring the human rights of Aborigines from day one - you know just pretend it didn’t and doesn’t happen ...and hence when the Anthem says ..”In history’s page let every stage advance Australia Fair”....and “For we are young and free” which is accurate if only we could pretend it didnt happen and still isn’t happening ...My point is if u can honestly tell me you don’t stereotype this mob then go ahead and give me shit about generalising about Christians which I prob shouldn’t have but I suppose it must be “precious weekend” this weekend...coz I’ve seen worse on this forum ..Did you know that the history of the brutality by the Governers and all their henchmen dished out to the “convicts” (that arrived from England) for the first 70-80 years was banned from the Australian school curriculum until the 1960s 70s it’s like shit were we that cruel let’s pretend IT didn’t happen as well.....And sorry one more thing Legion I don’t want to hear about how Aborigine should be grateful for the wonderful technology you have provided for them...All the descriptions of Aborigine men before colonisation was that of muscle bound strong white teethed, healthy, proud warrior looking men...They were perfectly happy before the disease the alcohol and the uncompromising we arrived...
Right, so you're permitted to get your last dig in but I'm not.
If you don't want to face reality then that's your choice to remain ignorant I guess.

As I'm not permitted to respond & you don't want to hear anything apart from your virtue signalling snowflake agenda, I'll bid you good day Cupcake because you have nothing of value that I want to hear.
Try to have a nice life none-the-less.

Johnson would add depth to our backline but is nothing much better than what we already have, he'd just be another middle of the road type signing that we are known for and not the sort of player that will make others want to come here.
As I said, if Latrell and his team are looking at every possible way to get him to Souths even to the point he is willing to take a pay cut then we cant be offering him $1m. If you pay that sort of money you expect Cronk level commitment where he fully buys into the team and does whatever possible to get us a premiership.

I gave up on lm ages ago. Souths need elite forwards more than backs I’d say. Sam is a massive loss. Pound for pound globally, the best forward in the game for the 5 years. Almost priceless.

The story discussed a stance softening, but I would be surprised as the roosters fans won’t wear lm to Souths. It would be considered weak without some kind of over the top compelling justification. I read somewhere we have been talking to the roosters direct about lm since the drama unfolded.

We were hoping for a prompt commitment from lm but he backed away thus undermining his credibility. That played right into the roosters hands, not that team lm understood that.

I think his public antics embarrassed the roosters a bit. They won’t be losing any face. They’ve told him to forget training next year until it’s all settled.

Legion

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it...xpected-to-end-this-week-20191216-p53khf.html

If any of the above story is true we cannot look at signing him. It's becoming clearer by the day that the end goal from the start was to sign with Souths.
Mitchell has had three different managers in a year? [Deacon, Rushton & now Rose apparently] Would like to hear the story behind that.

Roosters offered Mitchell $800K a year & he knocked it back? That's a decent offer to stay with the team he's won two Grand Finals. A young bloke in Mitchells position would benefit from a stable environment I'd imagine.
At 22yo he would have been way better off staying with Easts for another couple of years. Money isn't everything.

Once one takes into account taxes & his managers cut there's not a huge difference between $800K & $1 million [I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong]. Stability staying with what he knows rather than go through all of this drama makes me wonder if he regrets ever listening to whatever goose got into his ear to chase more money. [Probably The Mouth Mundine]

Mitchell has been poorly advised as far as I'm concerned.
To be perfectly honest I will not have any empathy for the bloke if he ends up having to choose between taking less or going O/S to chase $$$.
Let's hope that he at least is getting decent investment advise.

Unless he finds a mentor who can set his head straight I fully expect LM to have some sort of 'mental health/personal' issue that takes him away from the game in the next two years.

Legion

Juniors
Right, so you're permitted to get your last dig in but I'm not.
If you don't want to face reality then that's your choice to remain ignorant I guess.

As I'm not permitted to respond & you don't want to hear anything apart from your virtue signalling snowflake agenda, I'll bid you good day Cupcake because you have nothing of value that I want to hear.
Try to have a nice life none-the-less.
Not sure why the quote doesn't show - maybe because I put him on ignore? IDK - but for the record that was directed at WA Tiger.

That is all.

Last edited:
Mitchell has had three different managers in a year? [Deacon, Rushton & now Rose apparently] Would like to hear the story behind that.

Roosters offered Mitchell $800K a year & he knocked it back? That's a decent offer to stay with the team he's won two Grand Finals. A young bloke in Mitchells position would benefit from a stable environment I'd imagine.
At 22yo he would have been way better off staying with Easts for another couple of years. Money isn't everything.

Once one takes into account taxes & his managers cut there's not a huge difference between $800K & $1 million [I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong]. Stability staying with what he knows rather than go through all of this drama makes me wonder if he regrets ever listening to whatever goose got into his ear to chase more money. [Probably The Mouth Mundine]

Mitchell has been poorly advised as far as I'm concerned.
To be perfectly honest I will not have any empathy for the bloke if he ends up having to choose between taking less or going O/S to chase $$$.
Let's hope that he at least is getting decent investment advise.

Unless he finds a mentor who can set his head straight I fully expect LM to have some sort of 'mental health/personal' issue that takes him away from the game in the next two years.

I concur.

$800k is more than the average wage earner will get in about 10 years. People on the dole or aged pension might get 1% of this to buy everything with.

It just becomes Monopoly money.

He’s lost a lot of the league public in the process and wherever he ends up, he is now expected to be a Dally M every single game and he’s set himself to fail.

It’s a sad and premature end to what could have been a great career full of giving and contributing to the game. He will work it out that he is not bigger than the game or more important as a person than a regular player on his $100k or so.

On a side note, if Madge is in England at the moment maybe he can call into his old club and have a chat to this young fella, rated the next Sam Burgess.

https://www.totalrl.com/morgan-smithies-teenage-rampage/

https://www.totalrl.com/morgan-smithies-teenage-rampage/[/QUOTE]

Madge will be sniffing about looking for giant forwards we can trade for elite backs next year.

The incredible James Roberts. There’s a player for you.

But from our signings we seem to be future focused right now. 2022 should be vintage.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I concur.

$800k is more than the average wage earner will get in about 10 years. People on the dole or aged pension might get 1% of this to buy everything with.

It just becomes Monopoly money.

He’s lost a lot of the league public in the process and wherever he ends up, he is now expected to be a Dally M every single game and he’s set himself to fail.

It’s a sad and premature end to what could have been a great career full of giving and contributing to the game. He will work it out that he is not bigger than the game or more important as a person than a regular player on his $100k or so.
If he kills it, first game (where ever he plays) all the off season crap will be forgotten

If he kills it, first game (where ever he plays) all the off season crap will be forgotten

Some of it, but not all of it.

In those circumstances, there’s at least 4 or 5 other clubs, their fans and members who will be depressed and perhaps resentful that he isn’t playing for them.

This is the danger of “whoring” yourself around the nrl.

Now the bunnies fans are tarting themselves up for the lm treatment.

They don’t want to miss out on the chance of being dissapointed either.
C051B5BD-600C-4D2A-B037-25D1EC575E48.jpeg

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm so sick of hearing about LM. I hope that Madge is in England looking for ESL prospects because we are getting nowhere with all these primadonna NRL players.

We really need to take a leaf from Canberras book. Give me 3 ESL players who are hungry for NRL success over an abundantly talented, yet uncommitted marquee player any day of the week