What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos a dick

snout

First Grade
...Kyle is.

Never let a chance go by to bag your old club, your old teammates and your old coaches - even if one of them is your old man.

But maybe wait until about round 6 and see how youre going yourself.

Because if youre playing at North sydney oval the 'intensity' of that joint might just be the level youre at.

Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan on reuniting with Bronson Xerri | Daily Telegraph https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/e5fce527082db243d5724f8fe5b9bb00

myrrh ken

First Grade
Kyle Flanagan admits training intensity at Sydney Roosters a step up from Cronulla Sharks

WRITTEN BY ED CHISHOLM
@ChisholmEd

Kyle Flanagan says he's noticed a major difference in intensity at training since his high-profile arrival at the Roosters from Cronulla ahead of the 2020 NRL season.

The premiers snared Flanagan's signature from under the Sharks' noses mid-way through the year, in what was a major coup for the club given the retirement of premiership-winning halfback Cooper Cronk at the end of this season.

21-year-old Flanagan, a highly-rated playmaker and son of now St. George Illawarra Dragons' assistant Shane Flanagan, arrives in Bondi at the best possible time, in the wake of the club's two successive premierships.

And in a wide-ranging interview with Fox Sports News, crafty number seven explained how eye-opening his initiation at Roosters pre-season training had been.

"It's very different, especially on the training field, the intensity in training is unbelievable," Flanagan said.

"I've trained harder than I ever have in my whole career I think so hopefully that helps me going forward in 2020 and I really can't wait for it."

In terms of challenges, filling the big shoes vacated by Cronk, a four-time premiership winner and two-time Dally M Medalist, they arguably come no bigger.

But despite his youth, Flanagan said he's unfazed by the expectations that will hang over him next season.

"I think the challenge will bring the best out of me. I'm looking forward to showing people I can really play footy," the former under-20s New South Wales star said.

"The last two years here at the club have been unreal. I can't wait to build on that myself, but for me it's a fresh start and I'm looking forward to playing well and building relationships with the team members here.

"I want to win a comp myself as well so a fresh phase and that's good for the club to have around here and I can't wait for what's ahead."

Following Cronk's retirement, the Roosters confirmed the 375-game veteran would remain with the club in a coaching and mentor capacity.

It's given Flanagan the opportunity to learn off one of his heroes, something he dreamed of as a young player.

"It's honestly a dream come true," the former Shark said.

"I grew up idolising Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk. I got to debut against Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk's been a mentor for me so it's honestly a dream come true.

"In saying that I want to repay the club for giving me this opportunity and I really want to prove a point to people. I can't wait, I'm working hard and hopefully things work out for myself.

Asked what he'd learned during the brief time that he'd worked alongside Cronk at training, Flanagan said: "Just little things in my halfback play, just the small details that'll make a massive difference going forward.

"His subtlety in the way he looks at the game will be massive for me and how I react in high-pressure situations will be massive as well.

"He's instilled a lot of confidence in me I think, it's not too much about the skills and that sort of stuff, I really feel confident now, and that's the one thing he's given me."

Sharks fans were understandably livid when news broke that one of their most glowing prospects would be jumping ship.

The young playmaker will now face the prospect of lining up against his former club, something he won't have to wait long for, with the two sides to face off in the opening round of the 2020 season.

Aside from that Flanagan said he's eager to oppose his best friend and fellow rising star Bronson Xerri, who has been heavily linked with a move to the Tricolours in 2021.

"I can't wait. I want to see my good mate, Bronson Xerri who's at the club," Flanagan said.

"I think it's round five, he sent me a message saying 'round five' so yeah it's going to be good fun, but in saying that I got to focus on hard work before then but I'm looking forward to that occasion for sure.

"I said to him do you want to try on the shorts but he brushed me so we'll have to wait and see."

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-17_17-37-53.gif
    upload_2019-12-17_17-37-53.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
As much as I hate it....I believe the young Flange will prove to be a decent first-grader. He reminds me of a Nathan Cleary type of player...not a a superstar but he'll be well looked after by the big boppers at the Rosters.

sandshark

Bench
As much as I hate it....I believe the young Flange will prove to be a decent first-grader. He reminds me of a Nathan Cleary type of player...not a a superstar but he'll be well looked after by the big boppers at the Rosters.
Yeah I think he will be quite decent too. Nothing flashy like a Cronk but decent enough to hold his spot for a season. Whether the Rooters will accept that is another thing.

Cut from the same cloth as his old man though. A family full of snakes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah I think he will be quite decent too. Nothing flashy like a Cronk but decent enough to hold his spot for a season. Whether the Rooters will accept that is another thing.

Cut from the same cloth as his old man though. A family full of snakes.

The Flanagan household is the Medusa.

snout

First Grade
Kyle Flanagan admits training intensity at Sydney Roosters a step up from Cronulla Sharks

WRITTEN BY ED CHISHOLM
@ChisholmEd

Kyle Flanagan says he's noticed a major difference in intensity at training since his high-profile arrival at the Roosters from Cronulla ahead of the 2020 NRL season.

The premiers snared Flanagan's signature from under the Sharks' noses mid-way through the year, in what was a major coup for the club given the retirement of premiership-winning halfback Cooper Cronk at the end of this season.

21-year-old Flanagan, a highly-rated playmaker and son of now St. George Illawarra Dragons' assistant Shane Flanagan, arrives in Bondi at the best possible time, in the wake of the club's two successive premierships.

And in a wide-ranging interview with Fox Sports News, crafty number seven explained how eye-opening his initiation at Roosters pre-season training had been.

"It's very different, especially on the training field, the intensity in training is unbelievable," Flanagan said.

"I've trained harder than I ever have in my whole career I think so hopefully that helps me going forward in 2020 and I really can't wait for it."

In terms of challenges, filling the big shoes vacated by Cronk, a four-time premiership winner and two-time Dally M Medalist, they arguably come no bigger.

But despite his youth, Flanagan said he's unfazed by the expectations that will hang over him next season.

"I think the challenge will bring the best out of me. I'm looking forward to showing people I can really play footy," the former under-20s New South Wales star said.

"The last two years here at the club have been unreal. I can't wait to build on that myself, but for me it's a fresh start and I'm looking forward to playing well and building relationships with the team members here.

"I want to win a comp myself as well so a fresh phase and that's good for the club to have around here and I can't wait for what's ahead."

Following Cronk's retirement, the Roosters confirmed the 375-game veteran would remain with the club in a coaching and mentor capacity.

It's given Flanagan the opportunity to learn off one of his heroes, something he dreamed of as a young player.

"It's honestly a dream come true," the former Shark said.

"I grew up idolising Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk. I got to debut against Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk's been a mentor for me so it's honestly a dream come true.

"In saying that I want to repay the club for giving me this opportunity and I really want to prove a point to people. I can't wait, I'm working hard and hopefully things work out for myself.

Asked what he'd learned during the brief time that he'd worked alongside Cronk at training, Flanagan said: "Just little things in my halfback play, just the small details that'll make a massive difference going forward.

"His subtlety in the way he looks at the game will be massive for me and how I react in high-pressure situations will be massive as well.

"He's instilled a lot of confidence in me I think, it's not too much about the skills and that sort of stuff, I really feel confident now, and that's the one thing he's given me."

Sharks fans were understandably livid when news broke that one of their most glowing prospects would be jumping ship.

The young playmaker will now face the prospect of lining up against his former club, something he won't have to wait long for, with the two sides to face off in the opening round of the 2020 season.

Aside from that Flanagan said he's eager to oppose his best friend and fellow rising star Bronson Xerri, who has been heavily linked with a move to the Tricolours in 2021.

"I can't wait. I want to see my good mate, Bronson Xerri who's at the club," Flanagan said.

"I think it's round five, he sent me a message saying 'round five' so yeah it's going to be good fun, but in saying that I got to focus on hard work before then but I'm looking forward to that occasion for sure.

"I said to him do you want to try on the shorts but he brushed me so we'll have to wait and see."
The paragraph where he sticks the knife into us isn't in that paste....

“It’s been unreal so far, training has been a lot harder than what I’m used to at the Sharks,” Flanagan revealed.

“The intensity in training is obviously at another level, I think with Cronulla, with the older squad last year, the time on the field and the intensity was pretty low compared to the Roosters … so I’m really enjoying my time at training and getting to know the players.

Last edited:

SadShark

Bench
Something special is coming your way Rnd 5 2020 boy. Get ready. Been a while since we’ve beaten the salary cap Rorters.

Been a while since we absolutely bashed them f**kless too.

Don't know how that is bagging the club. There is a reason the Rooters are number one and the Sharks are mid field. Intensity at training v clowning around .

txta2 Makes a good point here

It Mightnt be the whole truth and it might come from a spiteful place ,but smart people always consider the criticism itself objectively so they can address anything about it that needs changing. Your "friends" don't always tell you the hard truths.

SadShark
"Something special is coming your way Rnd 5 2020 boy. Get ready. Been a while since we’ve beaten the salary cap Rorters."

That would be a start, but if Young Flannos barbs only succeed in getting them fired up for one game , after which having "proven their point" they slip back........ then it will be Young Flanno and the rooters having the last and longest Laugh.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Don't know how that is bagging the club. There is a reason the Rooters are number one and the Sharks are mid field. Intensity at training v clowning around .

He's bagging his dad the most imo.

Sharks preseason this time last year was under his dad still pretty much. Wasn't till around this time it was a Dymock/Morris coaching team and they wouldn't have changed anything. By the time Morris took over it was late January and pre season is pretty much done.

There's also a reason Grey isn't with the club imo and this preseason is one of the hardest they've had in years. Morris is flogging them and lifting the tempo.

It's a dick thing to say, nothing to be really gained from it and pretty much every player says that when they go to a new club about the training. Doesn't mean it's not true and a reason Roosters just went back to back.

Still hope he fails hard

carcharias

Immortal
Flan jr is dreaming if he thinks they’ll win again
No Cronk
Probably no Latrell ...or at least a very unhappy Latrell

SadShark

Bench
Part of the plan to get Bronson there. They wouldn’t serve Latrell up a bread roll with a cable laid in it, if they hadn’t already made sure of a replacement. Deal is probably already done.

He's bagging his dad the most imo.

Sharks preseason this time last year was under his dad still pretty much. Wasn't till around this time it was a Dymock/Morris coaching team and they wouldn't have changed anything. By the time Morris took over it was late January and pre season is pretty much done.

There's also a reason Grey isn't with the club imo and this preseason is one of the hardest they've had in years. Morris is flogging them and lifting the tempo.

It's a dick thing to say, nothing to be really gained from it and pretty much every player says that when they go to a new club about the training. Doesn't mean it's not true and a reason Roosters just went back to back.

Still hope he fails hard
That's exactly how I read it as well.
He's been training pre season for years under Senior.
He just probably doesn't realise what he's saying..

Tiger Shark

Bench
Flan jr is dreaming if he thinks they’ll win again
No Cronk

Agreed, it's no coincidence they win it when Cronk goes there. Yes Tedesco was a huge part but Cronk is going to be a huge loss for them.

They'll still be there abouts but nowhere near the team they were

Keary seems fragile too, won't be surprised if he missed a bit of the season

Latest posts