What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
“Being told through Bayley Sironen, if stays fit, will be up there playing first grade next year 100% training edge back row similar to Sutton has hands like a five-eight to.”

hey @Rabbits20 this is a quote from someone who’s usually quite reputable. As I said earlier expecting big things!

Rabbits20

Immortal
“Being told through Bayley Sironen, if stays fit, will be up there playing first grade next year 100% training edge back row similar to Sutton has hands like a five-eight to.”

hey @Rabbits20 this is a quote from someone who’s usually quite reputable. As I said earlier expecting big things!
Cheers STID, I had some info too I have been trying to let you know, I sent you a message the other night bro via email, think you mustn’t have seen it yet with how busy you are.

Thanks for that inside info as well, on what I’ve seen of Sironen in CC he solid, but he does not make enough metres yet for mine, defensively he is fine.

Our best bench at the moment bro would probs be this:

Tatola
Nicholls
Sironen
Amone

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cheers STID, I had some info too I have been trying to let you know, I sent you a message the other night bro via email, think you mustn’t have seen it yet with how busy you are.

Thanks for that inside info as well, on what I’ve seen of Sironen in CC he solid, but he does not make enough metres yet for mine, defensively he is fine.

Our best bench at the moment bro would probs be this:

Tatola
Nicholls
Sironen
Amone

I’ll quickly go check it brother. I just haven’t been on that much! I like the look of that bench. Big size.

callmack1

Staff member
Sironen has all the potential to be a regular first grader. He looked solid in 2019. However, I just haven't seen enough of him to be able to say whether that will happen in 2020 or not. Can't wait to see how he progresses though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ll quickly go check it brother. I just haven’t been on that much! I like the look of that bench. Big size.
Agreed, my concern bro is what we have after that, only Dillon he’d very injury prone, Rodwell who is still raw and hasn’t played regular CC yet and then the injured Koloa, that’s all we have, it’s really thin.

Talk has been around Sorensen and Mago are on train and trial contracts, out of those 2 I’d prefer Sorensen, he’s very similar to Turner.

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph, Great signs for Jimmy the Jet!! It sounds like he's already put in a lot of work this Pre-Season and honestly, I can't wait to see what he can do next year! Awesome signs already!

South Sydney flyer James Roberts is ready to reclaim his title as fastest man in rugby league after dropping 7kg in preparation for next season.

Roberts opened up on the physical overhaul that has him “really focusing on my speed again”.

As part of his transformation, the centre is tipping the scales at 90kg — or 7kg lighter than earlier this year in his first season with the Rabbitohs.

“And I won’t play any higher than 92kg,” the indigenous superstar said.

“Over the past couple of years, I’ve gone away from staying light and really focusing on my speed. But that’s my main asset.

Roberts, who last week joined a NSWRL contingent that visited towns affected by the bushfires, has also made changes to areas like prehabilitation, training loads and even strengthening techniques for his ankles in a bid to prevent the Achilles problems that hampered his return to Redfern.

Melbourne flyer Josh Addo-Carr is the code’s quickest man, having recorded a sizzling Telstra Tracker time of 38.5km/h this year. Roberts, 26, is 16th on that list with a time of 35.2km/h.

However, after a disrupted year in which he had to contend with a switch from the Brisbane Broncos and also ongoing ankle issues, he is refocusing on the running game that once had him being considered the fastest man in the NRL.

As for posting a quicker time than good mate The Fox?

“I don’t really care about that,” Roberts said. “I know Fox, he loves that stuff.

“He really enjoys challenging himself with (the Telstra Tracker) too. But I’m more laid-back. I only run as first as I need to, really.

“If I make a break, I’m always looking over my shoulder to see when the chasers pull up so I can too.”

Surely it would be nice to be rated league’s fastest man?

“It will be good to test myself later in the year,” Roberts said. “But right now, the thing I’m focused on most is finetuning my body. I want to make sure I’m ready to go with the Rabbitohs for round one.”

Born and raised in Kempsey, Roberts spent two days last week visiting communities around his home town which have been affected by the bushfires.

It was all part of a trip organised by NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler.

The group also spent several hours at Macleay Vocational College, a ‘‘last chance’’ high school in Kempsey for disadvantaged youths.

“Great initiative,” Roberts said of the college. “I have uncles working at the school, while some of the kids there are also cousins of mine.

“I know some young people struggle in mainstream education. I was one of them, I struggled at school, so it’s great they now have the opportunity to go somewhere and improve behaviour, attendance, stuff like that.”

On the bushfires, Roberts said: “A lot of my family and friends have been affected so it was important for me to come back and show some love.

“There are people here who have lost everything … homes gone, all their photos, they have nothing.

“I can’t imagine that happening to my family, or how damaging that would be. So even if we can just get out and put some smiles on faces, every little bit helps.”

Latest posts