What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Eelectrica

Referee
This bloke has real serious issues:

I wish I could feel that level of enthusiasm for it. I feel nothing when I watch the trailer. I mean, the CG is outstanding, but it's nothing surprising these days.
I'll probably end up watching the movie for SFX, but my anticipation for it is 0.

Generalzod

Immortal
A planned trilogy of Star Wars movies from Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss has been cancelled. Benioff and Weiss have chosen to walk away from their deal with Lucasfilm, saying that their schedule is too full.

Benioff and Weiss were set to write and produce the trilogy of films, which already had their first release date set for 2022. Rian Johnson, who directed Star Wars: The Last Jedi, is also working on a new film trilogy for the franchise. While little is currently known about these films, they are intended to tell new stories within the galaxy far, far away, as the Skywalker saga will be ending with the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker this December.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-trilogy-benioff-weiss-cancelled/?utm_source=SR_PN

YoHadrian

Juniors
My kids have Shanghai'd me into watching this sh*t next week. Pray for me as I enter the shadow of the valley of death ( school holiday movie theatre session ). Hopefully it's better than the last outing which sucked donkey d*ck.

Generalzod

Immortal
My kids have Shanghai'd me into watching this sh*t next week. Pray for me as I enter the shadow of the valley of death ( school holiday movie theatre session ). Hopefully it's better than the last outing which sucked donkey d*ck.
I'm going to the 8:15 am session at Miranda on Saturday with my wife just so we can see how this shit ends.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I’m gonna try and get to the 12:01 session tonight... if I can get back early enough from work to have an evening snooze... :joy::joy:

my sons trying to get me to go tonight but I’ll have to see...

Matua

Bench
Wow, there's a lot of hissy fitting about this movie before it's been seen. You guys are comedy gold.

How to destroy a franchise by Kathleen Kennedy, Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson.

Take that Patriarchy!!!!!
Odd you mention Jar Jar - if the franchise was ever going to be "destroyed" it was after the prequels ... that it came back after those run of stinkers is a minor miracle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow, there's a lot of hissy fitting about this movie before it's been seen. You guys are comedy gold.

Odd you mention Jar Jar - if the franchise was ever going to be "destroyed" it was after the prequels ... that it came back after those run of stinkers is a minor miracle.
The prequels were poor no denying that but at least there is a coherent plot and a continuation of the story. What has this trilogy been about??? A paint by numbers of a New hope and how much Identity politics can we fit in the narrative. Oh and let’s destroy the OT character’s so we can push the new 2 dimensional characters no one gives a f**k about. I watched the prequels recently and while the dialogue is atrocious and some of the acting is poor at least they are watchable. The Last Jedi is one of the worst movies I have seen for such a big budget film. But but but it subverted our expectations.......

Parra Pride

Coach
The prequels were poor no denying that but at least there is a coherent plot and a continuation of the story. What has this trilogy been about??? A paint by numbers of a New hope and how much Identity politics can we fit in the narrative. Oh and let’s destroy the OT character’s so we can push the new 2 dimensional characters no one gives a f**k about. I watched the prequels recently and while the dialogue is atrocious and some of the acting is poor at least they are watchable. The Last Jedi is one of the worst movies I have seen for such a big budget film. But but but it subverted our expectations.......

Revenge of the Sith is better than anything this sequel trilogy could even hope to put out.

Latest posts