What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think Cooper Cronk's record of six premierships in the NRL era will ever be equalled?

TheDalek079

Bench
Four legitimate premierships from nine grand final appearances - not enough justifying of immortal status on its own.

Good thing he also has Dally M awards, a Clive Churchill medal, a golden Boot, two world cups and many origin series victories to add to his claim of immortality.

Also, it's six premierships

King hit

Coach
I honestly think he should be made an immortal. I never thought I would think so. But what he did for the Roosters, intangibles, can't be quantified.
Immortals should only be the very best players of their generation. Cronk was always that step below Smith and Thurston which rules him out imo

GAZF

First Grade
Good thing he also has Dally M awards, a Clive Churchill medal, a golden Boot, two world cups and many origin series victories to add to his claim of immortality.

Also, it's six premierships
I said legit premierships. And I never said that the entirety of his achievements wouldn't at least put him into consideration for immortal status.

No need to get your knickers in a knot over an argument I didn't actually make.

BennyV

Referee
His record is also heavily tainted by playing a significant role in a team that received the wooden spoon. He played in all bar 3 games that year. So seems people are speaking fairly highly of him based on the last 2 years but ignoring some of the major failures of his early career...

GAZF

First Grade
His record is also heavily tainted by playing a significant role in a team that received the wooden spoon. He played in all bar 3 games that year. So seems people are speaking fairly highly of him based on the last 2 years but ignoring some of the major failures of his early career...
With the star-studded team around him in 2010, you'd expect far better.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Im a big cronk fan(roosters days) what he done was and is nothing short of incredible. Deserves all the praise for the little 1 percenters on and off the field for the roosters to go back to back.. but he only won 4 preimerships. The nrl needs to be more strict on Melbourne still counting those preimerships they won after systematically rorting the cap and embarrassing the league. Goes to show how pitiful snd weak the nrl for allowing them to do so on a constant basis.

Latest posts