What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene Macdonald back at Saints

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Why doesn’t anyone wear socks anymore?
79826331_10158189926185110_2912286253900627968_o-jpg.34709
Probably sick of being told to pull their socks up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Spoke to a guy who’s pretty close with a few of the dragons fitness staff yesterday, he said that Nene is 100 percent NOT gonna be there next year. The club doesn’t want another court case hanging over its head, especially a DV case.
I thought he only had his traffic offence.. When did he cop the DV charge?

SnowDragon

Juniors
Speaking with little real knowledge...

Nene is a great winger who had some issues. To get him back the price MUST be right, and even more so the contract must reflect the risk, and give the club out clauses and a second year option in our favour.

if he really wants it, then let’s take a punt under those conditions.
However, evaluate the risks first

Simon

Juniors
I actually think the new rule change whereby you can't tackle an attacking player in the air, not just defensive will change the role and shape of a winger.

Wingers of height will be advantageous, I hope Saab comes on but Nene may also benefit from this change. Tactically I think it may be a good ploy to go with height - get up high in attack and they have to let you come down with it. How long until a penalty try is given from this change as well will speed up how it's used by attacking teams in the 20.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I actually think the new rule change whereby you can't tackle an attacking player in the air, not just defensive will change the role and shape of a winger.

Wingers of height will be advantageous, I hope Saab comes on but Nene may also benefit from this change. Tactically I think it may be a good ploy to go with height - get up high in attack and they have to let you come down with it. How long until a penalty try is given from this change as well will speed up how it's used by attacking teams in the 20.
Now we just need our halves to be able to land some kicks to them and we will be right.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i reckon we would be tempted to invite Nene back to where he could be on peanuts to start and prove himself

he is 25yrs old now and at his best for peanuts who would be worthy

time to grow up and we have some good leaders in Sims and Graham etc to set the standard

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
i reckon we would be tempted to invite Nene back to where he could be on peanuts to start and prove himself

he is 25yrs old now and at his best for peanuts who would be worthy

time to grow up and we have some good leaders in Sims and Graham etc to set the standard
What I will say for the Dragons other than the JDB saga, we have generally been pretty good at turning bad boys around. Nene's time here, he was out of the headlines for the most part.

Simon

Juniors
Now we just need our halves to be able to land some kicks to them and we will be right.

In all seriousness I think this is the play and what we should be practicing. With the new rule, it's only a matter of time until players learn how to jump up high but then manoeuvre themselves to be ball first to the ground. With no one being able to touch them until they hit the ground if the ball touches first as long as the player catches it, it's a try or a penalty try all the time. As long an Nene doesn't bring his distractions the rule change could benefit his play.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
In all seriousness I think this is the play and what we should be practicing. With the new rule, it's only a matter of time until players learn how to jump up high but then manoeuvre themselves to be ball first to the ground. With no one being able to touch them until they hit the ground if the ball touches first as long as the player catches it, it's a try or a penalty try all the time. As long an Nene doesn't bring his distractions the rule change could benefit his play.
I’m sure they do, but executing it is the issue. A ball kicked into the corner for a tall winger is any halfbacks bread and butter. If the angle is right it’s a great move too because 1 metre out from the line is a great place to hand over the ball.