What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Spot On

Coach
If Gagai is on $750K, then he is overpaid by about $450K. Daniel Tupou is on about $250k and he is twice the Winger that Gagai is at NRL level.

.. and Tupou, with the exception of most of the last 2 seasons, looked like a soccer player.

Souths could save 400K plus easily by moving Gags on and giving a bloke who can run a bit, a go.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
.. and Tupou, with the exception of most of the last 2 seasons, looked like a soccer player.

Souths could save 400K plus easily by moving Gags on and giving a bloke who can run a bit, a go.

Tupou was great from 2013-2015. He was awful in 2016 and improved at the back end of 2017. When we signed him at that point, there was bugger all interest elsewhere. He has been outstanding in the past 2 seasons.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Running isn’t Danes problem. In fact he’s been wonderful for using that regard

Woosh

Head Moderator
South Sydney have a winger on 750K who can't tackle but can run a bit. That's it.

Every manager in the game is doing their client a diservice if they fail to secure their backline player, let alone a 1, 6 or 7, at least that much. It makes a decent argument at the very least.

How on earth Cody Walker is prepared to take any less as a spine player is puzzling.

No wonder Mitchell believes he is a million dollar player.

Who reported that figure mate?

YoHadrian

Juniors
If he wants to push the market all the way as to whatever it's willing to pay then why not however the way him & his management team have gone about this has really tarnished him in a major way. Even lol@souffs would be having second thoughts I would imagine.

If Latrell was actually investing in making the most of his contract, the smart thing would be to move to Melbourne Storm for 2020. Be their strike back and then go back to market for 2021.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
If he wants to push the market all the way as to whatever it's willing to pay then why not however the way him & his management team have gone about this has really tarnished him in a major way. Even lol@souffs would be having second thoughts I would imagine.

With the greatest respect I’d suggest your mob shouldn’t be lol@ anybody:p

Tommy Smith

Referee
Does anyone see the irony in Latrell & and his team wanting him to join Souths to be with his brothers at the self appointed Indigenous club; only that to make it happen Souths are trying to force Gagai & Johnstone out of the club? This also months after Kyle Turner was dumped.

Yeah Souths really look after their Indigneous players... if they want them.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Does anyone see the irony in Latrell & and his team wanting him to join Souths to be with his brothers at the self appointed Indigenous club; only that to make it happen Souths are trying to force Gagai & Johnstone out of the club? This also months after Kyle Turner was dumped.

Yeah Souths really look after their Indigneous players... if they want them.

I literally said the exact same thing to my Souths supporting mates. I expect the Press Release to read:

'Latrell Mitchell says Bunnies Strong Indigenous ties brought him to the club, in other news Dane Gagai and Alex Johnston have been told to look elsewhere'

Tommy Smith

Referee
I literally said the exact same thing to my Souths supporting mates. I expect the Press Release to read:

'Latrell Mitchell says Bunnies Strong Indigenous ties brought him to the club, in other news Dane Gagai and Alex Johnston have been told to look elsewhere'
Oh all the "Latrell says he's finally home" at the club "that understands both he and his culture" stories will be not only vomit inducing but also insulting to every other club that does great work in supporting young Indigenous players and their communities.

Given the immense support that the Roosters offered to Latrell and his family over the years, both Latrell & Souths would want to be careful with the language they use to celebrate his impending arrival.

And I don't think that these suggestions are outlandish given the puss Latrell has already dished out about NSW "going funny" on both he and Cody Walker over the anthem saga. I imagine Freddy would have been highly insulted over those remarks given that you'd struggle to find a more care free and inclusive bloke.

Latest posts