What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Warriors signed Tino Fa'asuamaleaui?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tough one here, Warriors went above and beyond money wise and it still wasn’t enough

Put yourself in the shoes of the 19yo kid though, and on one hand you sit down with Kearney “yeah mate, y’know, we are running a good um, ah, process here y’know” and then he sits down with Meninga “you know all the contacts I have in the game son and the teams I can get you into”

I know many of the current generation know nothing about the history of the game, but regardless of that Mal will always have that aura surrounding him

Walter sobchak

First Grade
yep.
The onus is really on the Warriors to develop their own guns. You cant tell me theres no one left in NZ that cant be NRL level. They havent all been poached and not all the families have left for Oz (though they are probably smart to do so).

In terms of popularity, i wonder what our Super League equivalent is. Hull?
Which hull? KR or FC?

JJ

Immortal
Weighing up the Titans and the Warriors... FFS, both would seem horrific options for a talented youngster... presumably being closer to 'home' and Meninga's mana made it an easy (if dangerous) decision

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You have signed overseas players before.

Gold Coast is far more attractive, they have an unproven coach.

You have a proven putz.

Dark times, but #round8, the clouds will disperse.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Chad did.
Chad was smart. Put himself in the shop window and showed the Sharks that he could be a first grade half. Was never here for a long time. Heart will always be in the shire.

Ended up delivering them their first premiership. Smart man

JJ

Immortal
Yeah huge advantage for the GC there. Young Aussie players don’t want to move to Auckland, it’s a fact.
Townsend, Maloney, Lane, Kemp maybe even Luck. There are others

The Warriors don’t at present seem very welcoming of Australians anyway so it’s mutual... and anyone who thinks it through wouldn’t want to be developed or coached by Kearney et al

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Chad was smart. Put himself in the shop window and showed the Sharks that he could be a first grade half. Was never here for a long time. Heart will always be in the shire.

Ended up delivering them their first premiership. Smart man
And brought Shaun with him...

I love Shaun...

I did notice in the Chad highlights, him and Mannering had a thing.

Will find it, be back.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Townsend, Maloney, Lane, Kemp maybe even Luck. There are others

The Warriors don’t at present seem very welcoming of Australians anyway so it’s mutual... and anyone who thinks it through wouldn’t want to be developed or coached by Kearney et al

I don’t think any of them came because they found Auckland enticing, they came because they saw a career opportunity. Who’d see one of those at the moment?