What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rich v Poor

insert.pause

First Grade
why should money not being paid as a salary being included in a salary cap?
I’m pretty sure it’s a rule but it’s flat out dumb.

You can’t have it both ways either, if this money is going to be used so Titans could break even the advantage is that they can maximise their cap and get an onfield advantage they shouldn’t otherwise have had.
So you would have no problem if, for example, the broncos went to the knights and said “hey, here’s a million bucks, release ponga so we can sign him now”? You don’t see how that is an advantage over other clubs?

the game will end up like EPL with only a handful of clubs ever challenging

MKCS

Juniors
Seems a bit unfair that the Titans lose their top player in Jai Arrow only to get money in return. Money doesn't mean shit when they can't attract players to the team because they only have older veterans and castaways. Titans are a few releases away from being Newcastle Knights pre 2018 bad.

Pommy

Coach
So you would have no problem if, for example, the broncos went to the knights and said “hey, here’s a million bucks, release ponga so we can sign him now”? You don’t see how that is an advantage over other clubs?

the game will end up like EPL with only a handful of clubs ever challenging

Imagine the travesty if the NRL was like the EPL, one of the biggest sporting comps in the world.
I don’t think clubs having an advantage is a bad thing. The current situation holds the sport back in my opinion and promotes mediocre teams ran by self serving halfwits.

some11

Referee
They were going well before they decided to sign cancerous Hayne.

That circus ruined them.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
David "The Victim" Fifita, rich Bronco

V

Todd "the Evilest person on Earth", poor Shark

images

Today's example.

Pommy

Coach
Seems a bit unfair that the Titans lose their top player in Jai Arrow only to get money in return. Money doesn't mean shit when they can't attract players to the team because they only have older veterans and castaways. Titans are a few releases away from being Newcastle Knights pre 2018 bad.

They can opt to make him see out his contract, it doesn’t seem like a very sensible move to me but they’re free to do so or they can get some cash and feee up some cash space to build a team that wants to be there.
you can’t force players to stay at clubs once their contracts over.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
TPA’s are less than 10% of cap for the biggest and nearer 1-2% of cap value for majority of clubs. It isn’t really making the cap pointless. I’d also suggest the legit TPA’s are the star players, I’m more suss about the no names getting $50k TPA’s for doing nothing. For real transparency we should be able to see who is getting what from who for what job they are doing.
If anything I’d love to see all clubs TPA’s at around $1mill and nrl players on every second advert I see, it would be a positive sign that the games profile has broken away from its lower class, two state paradigm.

It’s actually four states qld nsw vic and east Australia

MugaB

Coach
Should have a rich v poor origin series.
They do, haven't you seen the origin jerseys for next year, NSW is rich with sponsorship coming out of the wazooo,
I think QLD are lucky to have XXXX on their jersey
20191220_085933.jpg
Screenshot_20191220-085642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: