What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I won't play for Erina - Grant Wooden

Spike

First Grade
REPRESENTATIVE prop Grant Wooden might have played his last game of rugby league after he was deregistered by the Erina Eagles.

Nearly 10 years after he made his first grade debut for the club at 17, Wooden said he ``would never play with the club again'' after a four-month feud reached boiling point this week.
Wooden, 27, has also sought legal advice after what he described as ``the most disappointing time of my career.''
The drama began late last year when the former NRL prop relocated to Queensland and looked set to play for Easts in the Queensland competition, despite having two years to run on his Eagles contract.
When that fell through Wooden returned to the coast and appeared set to play out the final two years of his contract.
But because of his heavy workload as a boilermaker at Vales Point Power Station, Wooden could not commit to a full season in the Jim Beam Cup.
Last year's Jim Beam and Erina player of the year was keen to play first division and Jim Beam Cup when work permitted.
``I told the club work had to come first and that I couldn't commit to the Jim Beam Cup,'' Wooden said.
``They didn't agree and then I heard from a Central Coast official that I had been deregistered. I was in shock.
`` Now I want a release and they won't give me one. There's no way I'll be returning to the club after what's happened. I'd rather not play at all.''
Eagles football manager Mick Newton and Erina Rugby League Club chief executive officer Ian Munro both said they would welcome Wooden back if he had a change of heart.
``It's been a bit of a saga,'' Munro said.
``He initially asked for a release to play in Queensland, then indicated he was retiring. Then he came to training and when that stopped we sent a letter to the division requesting he be deregistered.''
The situation intensified on Tuesday when Wooden received a letter from Munro indicating he had been fined $2500 for missing 25 training sessions. ``That was it for me,'' said Wooden.
``There's no way I'm going back now. I had permission from Mark (Eagles coach Mark Horo) to have time off training and then I get a letter like that.''
Despite the drama Newton and Munro both said they would be more than happy for Wooden to play Jim Beam Cup when work permitted.

http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/2007/03/08/3025_sports.html

roopy

Referee
He is the ultimate flip flop guy.
A few years ago he trained with the Newcastle Knights for the off season, was offered a contract, knocked it back, signed for Erina, and a few weeks later was saying it was a huge mistake and he should have signed for the Knights.

macavity

Referee
broncoFAN said:
sounds like a typical prop forward, no brain between those ears.
IDIOT!

pfft.

props are the ones with the brains.

jason king = law degree
jerry seu seu = law degree
martin bella = optometrist
mark sargent = mba
etc etc

half the outside backs are former garbos or council workers...

Rise_Above13

Juniors
hes just didnt wana do preseason trainin realy... so much sh*t ova nothin tha blokes a goose! but its a good boost for us to have him even tho we're playin like a bunch of spanners

Latest posts