What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Mixo Joe

Juniors
The much maligned Dane Gagai!! I don't know how you guys always give him a hard time. Sure he misses a few tackles here and there but he is always in there doing all the shit work. Takes numerous hit ups always in position a great finisher and support player. He is very popular with his team mates and I doubt that he is on the reported $700-$750k a season. Btw he is a state of origin and Australian rep as well. Needless to say I like gags. I also would keep Corey Allen only young and unlimited potential.

Champion99

Juniors
The much maligned Dane Gagai!! I don't know how you guys always give him a hard time. Sure he misses a few tackles here and there but he is always in there doing all the shit work. Takes numerous hit ups always in position a great finisher and support player. He is very popular with his team mates and I doubt that he is on the reported $700-$750k a season. Btw he is a state of origin and Australian rep as well. Needless to say I like gags. I also would keep Corey Allen only young and unlimited potential.
I don’t comment very often If at all but I have to agree with you mixo Joe I have never seen Gags ever lay down or not give 100% but some how this isn’t enough for some Supporter’s

Rabbit57

Juniors
He has a contract for next year - he doesn’t have to go anywhere if he doesn’t want to.
If Latrell comes, Souths can’t just push a contracted player out.
You are right you can’t dishonour a contract. The player has to request a release

He and others would be told their opportunities at the club will be limited. Unless they are close to retirement their managers will be looking for a more lucrative deal elsewhere. If they get a longer term offer they will ask Souths for an early release.

Rabbit57

Juniors
I don’t comment very often If at all but I have to agree with you mixo Joe I have never seen Gags ever lay down or not give 100% but some how this isn’t enough for some Supporter’s
I am going to agree with you and disagree with you. Gagai always gives :100: %. He is always willing to take the ball out of the danger zone.

The issue though is that his defence is below first grade standard. This season he made 285 tackles and missed 62. It is compounded by where he misses tackles often allowing clean breaks. Wouldn’t be many regular first graders tackling at 76%

If he can work on his technique and get his confidence he could be a real asset. But the issue must be addressed.

Spot On

Coach
I am going to agree with you and disagree with you. Gagai always gives :100: %. He is always willing to take the ball out of the danger zone.

The issue though is that his defence is below first grade standard. This season he made 285 tackles and missed 62. It is compounded by where he misses tackles often allowing clean breaks. Wouldn’t be many regular first graders tackling at 76%

If he can work on his technique and get his confidence he could be a real asset. But the issue must be addressed.

Aw, c'mon... that's only a few missed tackles here and there for a 700K + winger on more than than the 5/8.

Cheap!

And the defensive issue is now going into its ninth season.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well it hasn’t seem to have been addressed in years, either that or he’s not capable of being a strong defender.

Defence wins games and for a player on around 700k he has to be better not be hot and cold.

I just don’t get why he can play great for QLD but can’t be close to that consistent at club level!

By the way re Addo Carr, If Storm get a quality winger in return they would be willing to release Addo Carr at end of 2020.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/20/storm-set-to-release-addo-carr-after-2020/

Rabbits20

Immortal
And your info is wrong as well - looks like you need a new inside source.
Not really as I got told by my mate who has a pretty reliable source that when/if Latrell signs then AJ would be out the door, I read elsewhere re AJ to Tigers would happen today, that wasn’t my inside source,......

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Not really as I got told by my mate who has a pretty reliable source that when/if Latrell signs then AJ would be out the door, I read elsewhere re AJ to Tigers would happen today, that wasn’t my inside source,......
So your “inside source” didnt tell you this direct it was what a mate told you.
I am all for rumours on a rumour thread but when there is no substance to the rumour it gets annoying. Just because somebody on another page or forum says the same thing, it doesn’t make it true. They’ve probably seen your post and quoted it and everybody goes round in circles.

handyman2190

Bench
So your “inside source” didnt tell you this direct it was what a mate told you.
I am all for rumours on a rumour thread but when there is no substance to the rumour it gets annoying. Just because somebody on another page or forum says the same thing, it doesn’t make it true. They’ve probably seen your post and quoted it and everybody goes round in circles.
Come on!! Go bunny, thats what rumours are, whispers, by many different people. Even insiders can get it wrong, talk goes on inside the club staff hear things, what they dont hear are the nuts and bolts telephone conversations,the manipulations,organising, trying to get the puzzle to fit, today this is going to happen all of a sudden its delayed or just wont work, it all starts again.
AJ wont leave to play on the wing and for the same money, unless weve decided we can do better. If gagai goes and we save say 500k and its enough for us to add a little and get mitchell,why get rid of AJ, so the jig saw puzzle begins, our insiders are staff,not bennet not richo, so its all heresay,so please dont get upsett,at the end of the day again its rumours,cheers gobunny

Latest posts