What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOP FOUR BOTTOM FOUR 2020

Overseas dragon

Juniors
1Rorters
2Broncos
3 Canberra
4 Parramatta
Bottom
13 Titans
14 Dragons
15 Newcastle
16 Penrith.......... Yes storm 6/7/8

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think we'll see a changing of the guard in 2020, especially with the Storm I see them struggling to make the 8, but probably will. A lot still to play out in the player market, in particular Mitchell.

Top4:
Souths
Eels
Roosters
Raiders

Bottom 4:
No predictions atm.
The Dragons fate, has too many variables at this stage to predict, with the JDB case and the coaching circus to name a few.

SBD82

Coach
I think we'll see a changing of the guard in 2020, especially with the Storm I see them struggling to make the 8, but probably will. A lot still to play out in the player market, in particular Mitchell.

Top4:
Souths
Eels
Roosters
Raiders

Bottom 4:
No predictions atm.
The Dragons fate, has too many variables at this stage to predict, with the JDB case and the coaching circus to name a few.
For years I’ve predicted that the Storm will fall into the bottom of the 8. And every year the bastards make me look like a fool. I’ve stopped making the prediction out loud.

Hope you’re right though. Cam Smith to halfback is a move that could be brilliant or terrible. The way that Munster and Brandon Smith step up will also be key imo.

Crush

Coach
Order may change, but I predict same top 4.

Titans / Dragons / NZ and Knights bottom 4.
If it does happen that top 4 and bottom 4 don't change then it'll be the first time this has happened in my living memory.
It always changes in NRL. Someone comes from nowhere and someone else has a shocker and finishes bottom 4 after being favourites for top 8.
Generally 1 or rarely 2 teams from bottom 4 stay in the bottom 4, the others bounce up the ladder.

TruSaint

Referee
If it does happen that top 4 and bottom 4 don't change then it'll be the first time this has happened in my living memory.
It always changes in NRL. Someone comes from nowhere and someone else has a shocker and finishes bottom 4 after being favourites for top 8.
Generally 1 or rarely 2 teams from bottom 4 stay in the bottom 4, the others bounce up the ladder.

I agree, just calling it as I see it on paper.
Of course the chances are someone will bolt up / down.

Crush

Coach
It’s interesting that Canberra are placing pretty high in all of the predictions that I’ve seen here and elsewhere.

I can see the reasoning, and they had a very good season this year. But they have a long tradition of following up a good year with an awful year.

Going to be interesting to see if they can break that hoodoo.
Yeah I know, I have Raiders mates and they are extremely confident that 2020 is their year. In the past they have not been able to back it up but unfortunately (I don't like Raiders) I think they have too much going for them not to be top 4.
CNK at fullback is a big part of their success I reckon. Its like he is the missing link. They have the forwards, they have the backs, their hooker is quality, Wighton at 6 was a huge success. Hard to see them missing out unless they have significant injuries.

Look at Raiders 1-5 and compare them to Dragons 1-5. Its depressing.

Crush

Coach
I think the Sharks will be a much better side for ball hog Gallen's retirement and expect them to be in the bottom of the 8.
I see the main problem with Sharks being the lack of leadership and they don't have a quality coach.
They have some real meat heads on their roster.
Fafita, Moylan, Ramien, Dugan....
No leadership. Plus they have Johnson at 5/8 - the ultimate rocks or diamonds player.
I see them missing out in 2020 and having a shocker. I really hope so, I love it when Sharks lose.

SBD82

Coach
Yeah I know, I have Raiders mates and they are extremely confident that 2020 is their year. In the past they have not been able to back it up but unfortunately (I don't like Raiders) I think they have too much going for them not to be top 4.
CNK at fullback is a big part of their success I reckon. Its like he is the missing link. They have the forwards, they have the backs, their hooker is quality, Wighton at 6 was a huge success. Hard to see them missing out unless they have significant injuries.

Look at Raiders 1-5 and compare them to Dragons 1-5. Its depressing.
They certainly have a lot more quality than in previous years. And if they don’t come in at least 6th it’ll be a huge failure.

But there’s something about Sticky. Things can suddenly blow up for him. Also, an injury to Hodgson and one of their halves and they are suddenly looking very fragile.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I won't list in order where I think every team will come but will list some on the rise and some on the fall.
1. Raiders will only get better with good buys, Curtis Scott is a major upgrade over Leilua. Williams should be a major upgrade over Sezer, although I don't know how his kicking game is.
2. Roosters will fall a little with the loss of Cronk and potentially Mitchell
3.Storm will drop, Smith isn't getting any younger, they have a problem with their halves and outside backs and will Pap be able to endure an entire season of being bashed ala Dufty.
4.Tigers will go up a few places to probably make the 8, another season of brutal fitness from Madge should have them improve.
5.Warriors will drop further, they are too inconsistent and could be losing Green.
6.Titans will probably be wooden spooners again.
7.Eels will threaten for the title
8. Dragons if the right players are picked will threaten for the 8 probably coming 10-6 somewhere, Wiliame is a smart buy, Saab should start and will get better week to week, Sims is fully fit we have a new trainer. JDB could be back, Merrin is a handy pickup.
9. Knights will improve, they have a great pack and pretty decent spine with the addition of Brayley. I have never rated Browny as a coach and I think with a new coach from the Roosters system we will see them finally make the 8.
10. Broncos is anyones guess, they could be top 4 they could be bottom 4.
11.Cowboys will improve dramatically, Robson, Holmes and Marsters will add a lot up there.
12. Sharks will drop significantly I believe, they have a rookie coach have bought Ramien but besides him no one of note, are under salary cap pressure and are playing out of a different home ground...plus I hate them.
13. Rabbits will improve and threaten for the title, especially if they can jag Mitchell or Jai Arrow.
14. Panthers will be about the same I believe.
15.Dogs will jostle with Titans for the spoon.
16. Manly will depend a lot on whether or not Tommy T can stay fit for long periods, if so they could be 3-6 if not could even miss the 8.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that the Dragons will have a better team in Canterbury Cup this year and will finish in the Top 4 with retained coach Matthew Head. This should flow on to First Grade where I expect that they will finish 6th-8th. Zac Lomax will be a a good replacement for Widdop as goal kicker. Lawrie, Ford, Host and Kerr will be better off for greater experience and Merrin will offset Leilua whose defence and fitness while improved was still deficient. Luke will improve the attack from dummy half as Robson failed to make an impact in NRL. The team that I would choose would be as follows:-
Lomax
Saab
Ravalawa
Sailor
Pereira
Norman
Hunt
T. Sims
Frizell
Ford
Graham
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Lawrie
Kerr/Luke
K. Sims
Merrin
If Ravalawa or Pereira fails, Williame will be in the wings and Dufty and Ramsay will be around if Lomax is needed at centre. Blacker and Gale are also a useful backs up as I think De Belin will not be available. Flanagan will not want to blot his cookbook by sticking with slowcoach Lafai and turnstile Aitken and hot and cold Dufty. Schiller will also be an interesting acquisition. Flegg should also have a strong side better than last year as there are few departures and the same coach. Have the CC and Flegg squads been announced yet?

SBD82

Coach
I believe that the Dragons will have a better team in Canterbury Cup this year and will finish in the Top 4 with retained coach Matthew Head. This should flow on to First Grade where I expect that they will finish 6th-8th. Zac Lomax will be a a good replacement for Widdop as goal kicker. Lawrie, Ford, Host and Kerr will be better off for greater experience and Merrin will offset Leilua whose defence and fitness while improved was still deficient. Luke will improve the attack from dummy half as Robson failed to make an impact in NRL. The team that I would choose would be as follows:-
Lomax
Saab
Ravalawa
Sailor
Pereira
Norman
Hunt
T. Sims
Frizell
Ford
Graham
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Lawrie
Kerr/Luke
K. Sims
Merrin
If Ravalawa or Pereira fails, Williame will be in the wings and Dufty and Ramsay will be around if Lomax is needed at centre. Blacker and Gale are also a useful backs up as I think De Belin will not be available. Flanagan will not want to blot his cookbook by sticking with slowcoach Lafai and turnstile Aitken and hot and cold Dufty. Schiller will also be an interesting acquisition. Flegg should also have a strong side better than last year as there are few departures and the same coach. Have the CC and Flegg squads been announced yet?
Who’s your tip for top 4?

Dragon70

Juniors
Top 4
Roosters
Raiders
Melbourne
South's

Bottom 4
Saints I hope I'm wrong
Titans
Bulldogs
Panthers

9th Tigers

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Top 4
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Eels
Broncos
Bottom 4
Panthers
Warriors
Titans
Knights
The Dragons have a robust pack, two good hookers, sound halves, good goal kicking but backline problems in defence worsened by a poor coach who can not pick sound backline players or use the bench effectively. If the fullback, centres and wingers are sured up the team should be competitive if the coach is held responsible for results from Round 1.

saintly1996

Juniors
Storm

Roosters

Rabbits

Raiders

3rd and 4th will be close with Many or the Parra being in the mix also

Tigers

Dragons

Titans

Warriors

I’m trying hard to be positive about the dragons, but the best I could muster up is they’ll improve by one spot from last season.

Of course Souths could be a serious contender if rumours about them recruiting get Latrell and/or Arrow come true

Just discovered how to edit my posts. There’s a chance that I may now be able to deliver upgraded posts and even a chance that some of my posts will actually make some sense. Not guaranteeing that though.

Same except eels top 4 instead of storm

blacksafake

First Grade
Top four, in any order.
Roosters
Souths
Raiders
Storm- I’ve been waiting for them to drop off for years but they just keep performing,Great coach.

Bottom four, in any order.
Titans
Sharks
Panthers
Tigers

I’m expecting the dogs & broncos to improve.
Manly could be one to drop right down with the serious charge hanging over Faniu, spelling?.
They also need Tom to playa lot of games.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Top 4
1 Easts
2 Canberra
3 Melbourne
4 Parra
If Souths get Mitchell for 2020, that will make them top 4 material. If they could get Arrow as well then they would premiership material.

Bottom 4
Warriors
Canterbury
Gold Coast
Penrith

If DeBelin is found not guilty, we could even be top 4 material, but if he is found guilty, then we could be bottom 4 material again.

Latest posts