What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Headless Chook

Juniors
Bump

Getting worried the Latrell thread might overtake the reply count in here.

Umm. the 6 to go reversal was the correct call, or was it? I think it was but thousands disagreed and agreed and disagreed again.

Something about a trainer on the field, which from memory was catastrophic and almost single handedly decided the game in the first few minutes, or maybe not.

Was the Cronk sin binning was a bit of an over reaction or should he have been sent off or shot? We will never know.

So many memories.

Generalzod

Immortal
Bump

Getting worried the Latrell thread might overtake the reply count in here.

Umm. the 6 to go reversal was the correct call, or was it? I think it was but thousands disagreed and agreed and disagreed again.

Something about a trainer on the field, which from memory was catastrophic and almost single handedly decided the game in the first few minutes, or maybe not.

Was the Cronk sin binning was a bit of an over reaction or should he have been sent off or shot? We will never know.

So many memories.
Who’s Latrel lol

TheFrog

Coach
Umm. the 6 to go reversal was the correct call, or was it?
It could not be the correct call. The laws of the game state that once an on-field call is made during play, it cannot be changed. The head ref was overruled as play proceeded by the pocket ref, or linesman, or bunker. This should not have happened.

Valheru

Coach
It could not be the correct call. The laws of the game state that once an on-field call is made during play, it cannot be changed. The head ref was overruled as play proceeded by the pocket ref, or linesman, or bunker. This should not have happened.

You would have been ok with the 6 again call purely because it was against the roosters.

If the roles were reversed you would have no problem with the ref changing the call to the correct one.

TheFrog

Coach
You would have been ok with the 6 again call purely because it was against the roosters.

If the roles were reversed you would have no problem with the ref changing the call to the correct one.
Well I'm not sure it was wrong in the first place, but that's irrelevant. It was called by the ref.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Got a copy of the game on DVD for Christmas so finally could delete it off the hard drive. Watched it on Monday, even with all the controversies it was a bloody great and tough game.

TheDalek079

Bench
Gonna rewatch this tonight. Getting fish n chips for dinner. Time to or the feet up and watch the Roosters win another premiership

jack coburn

Juniors
How do you think the captains challenge would have went in the grand final. Plenty of dropped balls , penalties and 50/50 decisions. Would have been interesting

GongPanther

Referee
Agreed. And the Raiders fans have to endure this travesty for many a year. A disgraceful turn of events.

TheFrog

Coach
Agreed. And the Raiders fans have to endure this travesty for many a year. A disgraceful turn of events.
They seemed to handle it OK. It was neutrals who made the noise. I guess the only thing worse than losing a GF on a dodgy decision is being seen as a whinger.

GongPanther

Referee
They seemed to handle it OK. It was neutrals who made the noise. I guess the only thing worse than losing a GF on a dodgy decision is being seen as a whinger.
Sure, they won't be seen whinging about spilled milk in here. But I assume that if I was in their shoes, I'd be filthy for the rest of my days...I'm simply empathizing. Every time they play Easts, they'll always be reminded by the media, or the fact is you'll never be able to forget, unless you are in a coma.