What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Round Up

deluded pom?

Coach
Villeneuve v Lezignan has been postponed due to the weather and a municipal decree (?).
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...ndial.fr/programme-tv-rugby-xiii/&prev=search

A 2nd match of the 5th day of Elite 1 postponed
WRITTEN BY NICOLASDECEMBER 13, 2019

Bad news for fans of XIII in France, the scheduled meeting on viàOccitanie between Villeneuve and Lézignan is postponed.

Due to bad weather and a municipal decree, the meeting must be postponed to a later date.

astreizix

Juniors
It's easy for someone like me to type this on the other side of the world commuting to work thinking anybody could fix this, it's so simple, is there no one in France who can do the job, yada yada.....

But I guess the reality is that there's - what? - 50 million people in France? A G7 economy. Millionaires and Billionaires abound? And no one seems to want to jump onto French rugby league? A sport that has had a pretty glorious history previously in it's history..

Can I then just assume that it's just NOT popular. Are we just kidding ourselves? It really saddens and disappoints me that with all that population and money and technology, that nothing seems able to save French Rugby League :sleepy: Before I go, all I want is a Australia v France RLWC Final with a final siren FG to Australia lol

All the the job done by the media to ignore it, the blackout put on RL for many years has made this sport come out of the public’s subconscious.

Some of us will tell me how easy it is to blame others, I agree that we have made a lot of mistakes (in France and international), but I will say that all sports have experienced problems and often more serious than ours and they were never buried like us.

That's why it will be hard to reborn and succeed, RL is out of the subconcious of people in France, he does not exist anymore.

mike11

Juniors
The salary of an average qld cup player in France is around $ 2300 after taxes per month with a car and a home often shared between Australian players (but not in Lézignan), round-trip flights, health insurance, sports Hall. For a player of Simona's level. the salary is probably higher than that which a qld cup club could offer him. lezignan's budget is undoubtedly the highest in France ($ 1,600,000aud)

Latest posts