What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ways to Improve the Titans

Greenstar5

Juniors
Just going to throw a few ideas out there and see what people think...

Avoid playing home games on the same weekend as Broncos home games. This would allow the Titans to have SEQ to themselves, hopefully allowing to attract more neutral viewers and away fans.

For next season they should be asking for home games against the Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors and Eels.

Possibility look at playing a Home game against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium, Saturday Night 530pm. Try and make some cash from it and get 40k through the gates. The time slot allows fans to travel up and back to the Coast easy. Get Trankslink to give free travel for ticket holders of this game.

Logo change. Something along the lines of just the Titans helmet, where the face plate looks like a T.

Uniform change. I would go with the horizontal strips. Similar to their away kit. It would look like a classic kit they have had for ages. If the jersey was a light colour, you can just wear white shorts and light striped socks and there is an away kit.

Start to create a Jersey that the club is proud to wear week to week, year to year.

Not only engaging the community on the Coast, but get up into the Southern Brisbane Suburbs and down into Northern NSW.

Even place a large billboard on the M1 as you drive towards to GC. This is Titans territory.

Enagage fans at the ground after every home game.

Allow fans to have a kick on the ground after home games.

Target different schools each home game with heaps of free tickets.

Bring in local food and drink vans around the stadium to create a pre game environment. Local buskers, musicians, etc.

Try to create a yearly match on the Sunday night in May before the Qld public holiday. I think it Labour day?

Eelectrica

Referee
They used to do the schools thing with free tickets which were given out to students as a reward. Doesn't seem that they do that anymore.

I have no doubt that people want to support a GC team. Wouldn't have got the NRL licence in the first place without that support from the people on the GC. It all started going wrong with the Centre of Excellence debacle,
But yeah, re-building community trust is what they have to do, if they can bring in a high profile coach, like Kevin Walters, or somehow land Bellamy, that would be massive.

MugaB

Coach
Start with an old school emblem, not a branding logo that is so plastic as the Americanized NFL teams have and that NRL has slowly adopted, an EMBLEM.
i miss seeing the old balmain tigers emblem, and the golden bronco, the raiders the golden ring was classic, seeing the roosters red chook on the captains shoulder brings some authentic feel about our emblems, my team the panthers, had two emblems iconic pouncing around our colors (of which we had many) but come 2000s every team started these rubbish cartoon headshots, tigers still have theirs, broncos have this wierd chess peice, raiders grew a green beard(wtf).
Thank God most teams have slowly reverted to a modernised version of the older emblems, panthers, bulldogs, eels, cowboys just this year.
Titans need an emblem! a big T cant be it.
Here's something i made a few years back that i was meant to post here and forgot till today (somewhat 2 years later) i tried to put some subtle hints of past incarnations into it,
ttans GOLD old.png

based of the Stimorol title card for the GC/Tweed Giants
http://www.dansnrlcollectables.com/contents/en-us/d48_Gold_Coast_Giants_Cards_1980s.html

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
20191223_153753.jpg titans home
20191223_153805.jpg titans away

20191223_153735.png giants

20191223_153718.jpg seagulls

20191223_153703.jpg chargers
Stick with the 1st two jerseys for home and away and use the rest as a heritage alternate these every few years

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
I renewed my membership. Another 4 game season pass. I'll probably get tickets to the Parra game outside of that and wear the Parra gear.

Not making a prediction on how they Titans are going to go next season. Thought they were a top 8 team this season, so yeah... not picking that again.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Keep the boys who go to school there.

The have two of the best schools in Rugby League.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They should fight Brisbane for Logan, let Brisbane have Brisbane City, Moreton Bay, Redlands.

Gold Coast, Logan, Tweed, Scenic Rim.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Where does Brisbane stop and North Queensland begin?

The Tropic of Capricorn?

I actually do not know.

MugaB

Coach
Where does Brisbane stop and North Queensland begin?

The Tropic of Capricorn?

I actually do not know.
I reckon its anything north of gladstone
With brisbane south till logan city councils area, which is probably Beenleigh would be the border there

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I reckon we ask Qlders.

I feel as a shark, not my place, nor you should penny, but fair to have a say.

Where does Parra stop?

The Shire is the shire, Wade knows where it is.

MugaB

Coach
My mum lives up in goldy, pacific pines area, and i got mates around wynnum area, im up there quite a bit, the councils are far simpler in brisbane, than sydney, they mainly have 4 massive councils that cover the whole city, where in sydney there's like 30 plus councils, the borders are better defined in SEQ

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My mum lives up in goldy, pacific pines area, and i got mates around wynnum area, im up there quite a bit, the councils are far simpler in brisbane, than sydney, they mainly have 4 massive councils that cover the whole city, where in sydney there's like 30 plus councils, the borders are better defined in SEQ
But even then league gets it wrong.

Imagine being merged, there are teams in between.

Can you get from Balmain to to Campelltown without going through another team?

And how NSW howled when the tried to get rid of some Councils

MugaB

Coach

Sydney_Zones.png
Forget the colors there, but each line is a border for each council, its seriously overkill in sydney, it should BE the colors
Now look at Brisbane
images.jpeg-18.jpg
Brisbane is basically Brisbane city, logan city, redlands and ipswich,
Goldy has only gold coast city and scenic rim, maybe the southern downs too, so your right they probably could do with adding logan city as part of their catchment too, don't forget they have northern NSW too south of the border, with was why i thought they are better off called "twin city titans"

MugaB

Coach
If we were to create the NSWRL today in the maps and border councils for sydneys zones as is, there would be a Sutherland team, inner City team, inner west team, greater west team, south west team, and northern region team
Basically
Cronulla sharks.
Sydney Roosters.
Parramatta Eels.
Penrith Panthers.
Wests Tigers. (in campeltown)
Manly Warringah SE.

Basically bulldogs merged with parra, and souths merged with roosters.
And dragons in wollongong fulltime
Its all an easy shift, but the rivally between those mergers are too big that they would collape as Northern eagles did

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So Titans, fight for Logan, keep your loyal ones, Jai Arrow, reject Bronco, shytes on you. What a prick.

Just weak, could have been the man.

My least favorite player. Brimson is the better man.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If we were to create the NSWRL today in the maps and border councils for sydneys zones as is, there would be a Sutherland team, inner City team, inner west team, greater west team, south west team, and northern region team
Basically
Cronulla sharks.
Sydney Roosters.
Parramatta Eels.
Penrith Panthers.
Wests Tigers. (in campeltown)
Manly Warringah SE.

Basically bulldogs merged with parra, and souths merged with roosters.
And dragons in wollongong fulltime
Its all an easy shift, but the rivally between those mergers are too big that they would collape as Northern eagles did
I have always said, Souths and Saints, us with Illawarra, Easts, Balmain and Norths, Manly with Gosford.

Wests just went to Campelltown.

But all too hard is logic. People hate each other.

MugaB

Coach
I have always said, Souths and Saints, us with Illawarra, Easts, Balmain and Norths, Manly with Gosford.

Wests just went to Campelltown.

But all too hard is logic. People hate each other.
Cronulla with Easts, Souths and Saints
That would solve a fair lot of problems, colors are similar and areas are covered better

Latest posts