What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan Confirmed.

BLM01

First Grade
I found these points very interesting:

Shane Flanagan will have a positive effect on the club. - of course it will, the negativity surrounding McGregor is palpable
the signing will only help the Dragons achieve more success on the field. - basically an admission without him we would be achieving little to zero success, again referring to McGregor and his coaching.
"A lot of confidence is going to be brought to the club from him coming here," - so without him there was no confidence for the 2020 season, a further damning of McGregor as coach.
"I can tell we're definitely heading in the right direction. so without Flannagan on board we were going to be a rudderless ship. The hits keep coming for McGregor.
Everyone's turned up to the pre-season with the right attitude - so in previous seasons there wasn't? Maybe because McGregor was away on his junket.
"There's been a lot of changes at the club but everyone's bought into it. - of course, the possibility that McGregor will be gone sooner than later.
There's really exciting times ahead." - I would be excited too if the chains that bound me were being released and a premiership winning coach was on our books.
Agrre with all but wishful thinking. I think he is more excited about getting 1st shot at a Top 13 position under McNoIdea

jak

Bench
Yes mate,

Flanno probably insisted that he could only put up with McIdiot for a maximum 12 months, anything after that, McGregor would have to go before he could commit to a second season.

Sounds fair to me.
this may surprise you okb but I think you could be right . and yes it hurt to say that.

possm

Coach
I just hope that if McIdiot does get sacked around the middle of the year maybe NRL will end his ban as release him as time served for good behaviour
I believe that is why Sheppard was hired; a Sheppard / Flanagan combination. The only problem is that Dean Young is still there and so, the possibility of an old boy's deal being cooked while we speak.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I believe that is why Sheppard was hired; a Sheppard / Flanagan combination. The only problem is that Dean Young is still there and so, the possibility of an old boy's deal being cooked while we speak.

The salient point here is if Young was/has been grandfathered into the top coaching job, why hire Flanno in the first place? Plus go through ALL the rig-marol of due diligence and noting his restrictions just for 1yr?
Its a lot of hassle just to get him on board and reality is he isnt a coach of anything atm, just an assistant to Mc85mins.
Again, why do all this if there wasnt a long term plan, after all they could have kept Hornby to do the same job.
Theres a lot more to Flanno and Shepherd than whats been told.

Gareth67

First Grade
The salient point here is if Young was/has been grandfathered into the top coaching job, why hire Flanno in the first place? Plus go through ALL the rig-marol of due diligence and noting his restrictions just for 1yr?
Its a lot of hassle just to get him on board and reality is he isnt a coach of anything atm, just an assistant to Mc85mins.
Again, why do all this if there wasnt a long term plan, after all they could have kept Hornby to do the same job.

Geeze I hope so D.S. , that would give so many of us hope for the future .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would say Shepherd will take over if Mary is sacked. He probably has an agreement with Flanno that if he takes over head coach he will be a puppet to Flanno. I personally would have preferred Fitzgibbon for several reasons 1. He can take over straight away 2. He is largely credited with the NSW blues defence and the Roosters which are both class leading, he would be perfect to take over that aspect of the game. 3. Taking him away from the Roosters slightly weakens one of our bitter rivals, its a war out there.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Flanno was hired for a year so mcgregor wasn't fired. Gus and Flanno was a smoke screen thought up by shifty mcfester himself to save his own skin

Latest posts