What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

possm

Coach
Honestly with Lomax moving to 1, id happily take Marsters back. Streets ahead of Aitken and has a ready made combination with Saab, a proper right centre with a great passing game, decent speed and good build. Watch him in the 9s for Cook Islands he was lethal. I know its a different game but his skill was really on show.
I'd take Mitchell over Masters or Aitken any day of the week.

possm

Coach
Agree...but he's not coming here...so move on.
Mitchell is in a sticky situation whereby he has had a fallout with the Roosters and can't get the 1m per season that he is seeking. I am absolutely sure Bennett won't be offering anywhere near 1m salary cap money to Mitchell.

So the answer should be to offload as much of the deadwood as possible and then find TPA to top off salary cap that together totals between 900k and 1m per season over a 3 year deal.

possm

Coach
Agree...but he's not coming here...so move on.
I believe Mitchell would come to the Dragons for the right money. Lose Aitken, Lafai and Dufty and with a little TPA, we would have more than enough to sign Mitchell. Then our back 5 could look like this:
1. Lomax or Mitchell
2. Pereira
3. Lomax or Mitchell
4. Williame
5. Saab

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
I believe Mitchell would come to the Dragons for the right money. Lose Aitken, Lafai and Dufty and with a little TPA, we would have more than enough to sign Mitchell. The our back 5 could look like this:
1. Lomax or Mitchell
2. Pereira
3. Lomax or Mitchell
4. Williame
5. Saab

With all due respect possm. the cap doesn't work that way...you still have to replace the 3 players...We cannot compete in terms of Third Party ..and why would he want to come and play under our coach when the other options are Bennett and Macguire.

Simon

Juniors
Mitchell is in a sticky situation whereby he has had a fallout with the Roosters and can't get the 1m per season that he is seeking. I am absolutely sure Bennett won't be offering anywhere near 1m salary cap money to Mitchell.

So the answer should be to offload as much of the deadwood as possible and then find TPA to top off salary cap that together totals between 900k and 1m per season over a 3 year deal.

You do realise that a club can't be involved in 3rd party deals. What you're proposing is cheating - Parramatta, Sharks and Manly have been caught doing this recently. I'd rather come last than cheat.

As for getting rid of dead wood - the players have to want to go and be wanted by someone else. It isn't as easy as just waving them out the door.

In short, Mitchell isn't coming to the Dragons.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Mitchell wants fullback, that much he's made clear.

Now that he's had a little time to mature in the competition I'd be interested to see how he goes back there. I'd prefer Lomax at right centre too.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
You do realise that a club can't be involved in 3rd party deals. What you're proposing is cheating - Parramatta, Sharks and Manly have been caught doing this recently. I'd rather come last than cheat.

As for getting rid of dead wood - the players have to want to go and be wanted by someone else. It isn't as easy as just waving them out the door.

In short, Mitchell isn't coming to the Dragons.

Correct.
We also have tried 'unloading the dead wood' with no takers.
Mitchell won't be at the Dragons now or any time soon.
Let's keep on focus for 2020 with what we have and a few stragglers added on.
I think we will do better in 2020 maybe up to 11th or 12th. The biggest roadblock is the head coach, once he is gone we will see lots of improvement and the recruitement aspect will also open up more substantially.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Mitchell wants fullback, that much he's made clear.

Now that he's had a little time to mature in the competition I'd be interested to see how he goes back there. I'd prefer Lomax at right centre too.

Even if we had the finances and coaching talent to appeal to Mitchell, I'm still of the view that he is a troubled young man. On the field, he is "moody" and in and out of the play while off the field, he seems to want strong indigenous connections which he may or may not get in Wollongong.

jak

Bench
Even if we had the finances and coaching talent to appeal to Mitchell, I'm still of the view that he is a troubled young man. On the field, he is "moody" and in and out of the play while off the field, he seems to want strong indigenous connections which he may or may not get in Wollongong.
totally agree with you, mundine mk 2

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd take Mitchell over Masters or Aitken any day of the week.
As would I but the issue is if you are leaving the Rorters because you want more money there is no way on earth we are going to be even in the ballpark. No apartments or brown paper bags down this way unfortunately.

possm

Coach
As would I but the issue is if you are leaving the Rorters because you want more money there is no way on earth we are going to be even in the ballpark. No apartments or brown paper bags down this way unfortunately.
I doubt Mitchell is leaving the Roosters because he wants more money. I am very confident Bennett will not be offering more than 800k. Mitchell is looking to play fullback and Tedesco already owns that position at the Roosters.

On the other hand, the Dragons have not yet settled on a fullback and as both Lomax and Mitchell are right centres wanting to play fullback, there is a possibility that Mitchell would be given the job if Lomax does not go well in the number 1 jumper or maybe Lomax is fine playing right centre to make way for Mitchell to play fullback.

Gareth67

First Grade
I doubt Mitchell is leaving the Roosters because he wants more money. I am very confident Bennett will not be offering more than 800k. Mitchell is looking to play fullback and Tedesco already owns that position at the Roosters.

On the other hand, the Dragons have not yet settled on a fullback and as both Lomax and Mitchell are right centres wanting to play fullback, there is a possibility that Mitchell would be given the job if Lomax does not go well in the number 1 jumper or maybe Lomax is fine playing right centre to make way for Mitchell to play fullback.

Merry Christmas possum .

TruSaint

Referee
I have googled Latrell Mitchell and the Dragons in hope of validating possums expectations. Alas.

1b8.png

I have seen you say Mitchell is a right centre many many times now......I have only ever seen him play on the left side, centre and wing, for the Roosters. When was he a right centre?

Latest posts